Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's next permanent manager?  

182 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So we need:

Someone that knows and respects Gordon Strachan. 

Someone that has previous for gaining teams promotion at the first attempt.

Someone that will help unite the fanbase.

Someone that has experience of dealing with the demands of our fans.

Someone that favours good football.

Someone that's stock is quite high at the moment.

COVEAWARDS8-1024x683.jpg

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

So we need:

COVEAWARDS8-1024x683.jpg

Someone that got pumped 7-0 fae Aberdeen?

No thanks.

4 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Someone that got pumped 7-0 fae Aberdeen?

No thanks.

Bit harsh to write off the most successful manager in the lower leagues, bar none, due to a one off result in a season where he had his best two players (involved in something like 85% of our goals) sold from under him. He freely admitted he'd ran out of steam at that point and was deservedly sacked. To have that rule him out from ever managing the club again is folly. With Strachan having more involvement, Hartley wouldn't need to absolutely exhaust himself to the point where others would have a mental breakdown this time round either!

I could see him being the one that turns Aberdeen around if Goodwin continues as he's started tbh!

Edited by Ludo*1

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Bit harsh to write off the most successful manager in the lower leagues, bar none, due to a one off result in a season where he had his best two players (involved in something like 85% of our goals) sold from under him. He freely admitted he'd ran out of steam at that point and was deservedly sacked. To have that rule him out from ever managing the club again is folly. With Strachan having more involvement, Hartley wouldn't need to absolutely exhaust himself to the point where others would have a mental breakdown this time round either!

I could see him being the one that turns Aberdeen around if Goodwin continues as he's started tbh!

But that's the thing, once Hemmings and Stewart left, he was utterly clueless of how to fix it. I said on the Dundee thread a bit about Hartley yesterday. 

I like nostalgia, and the thought of what ifs, but I think as a support, we are the worst for craving to bring back former players, when they didn't even bring us much success the first time round.

We as a support (imo) have to stop with this crying for former players etc. We need to look forward at fresh talent, not back at memories of mediocrity.

Sorry, that sounds a bit harsh. Not aimed at you.

45 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

So we need:

COVEAWARDS8-1024x683.jpg

Katy Perry Reaction GIF by Idols Global

Hartley is sounding very much like Callum Davidson.

Benefit of taking Davidson is we'll pay you compensation. 

So we need:

COVEAWARDS8-1024x683.thumb.jpg.b8b34f6757ab7e9ef709dc0c71eb9747.jpg
Go for it! Get him to bring his super scout as well, sign a lot of #ballers from down south and watch yous at least hit the play offs!

59 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

So we need:

Billy Dodds labels Kilmarnock Championship 'favourites' as league-leading  Inverness boss sets out promotion stall - Football Scotland

Ticks every box, would certainly unite the fans.

Edited by killiekranky

33 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

But that's the thing, once Hemmings and Stewart left, he was utterly clueless of how to fix it. I said on the Dundee thread a bit about Hartley yesterday. 

I like nostalgia, and the thought of what ifs, but I think as a support, we are the worst for craving to bring back former players, when they didn't even bring us much success the first time round.

We as a support (imo) have to stop with this crying for former players etc. We need to look forward at fresh talent, not back at memories of mediocrity.

Sorry, that sounds a bit harsh. Not aimed at you.

Taking 52 goals (transfermarkt used for that stat taking assists and goals into account so there'll be a little bit of an inflation) out of a team that scored 53 league goals that season a week before the season started would f**k better managers than Hartley tbf.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Taking 52 goals (transfermarkt used for that stat taking assists and goals into account so there'll be a little bit of an inflation) out of a team that scored 53 league goals that season a week before the season started would f**k better managers than Hartley tbf.

I don't doubt this. But what contingency was in place? None. 

I don't want to trawl through the Dundee thread when we were calling for his head, but short memories bud. We were rank.

8 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I don't doubt this. But what contingency was in place? None. 

I don't want to trawl through the Dundee thread when we were calling for his head, but short memories bud. We were rank.

Don't think it's fair to suggest there should be a contingency a week before the season starts - especially when Hartley didn't know about the transfer clauses they had as he stated before and after in the media.

We were at that time, but we weren't as rank as we've been ever since! He gave us many more good memories than bad and has continued winning leagues since he left us. There's no one that's a sure thing but he's the most likely in the lower leagues IMO.

51 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Don't think it's fair to suggest there should be a contingency a week before the season starts - especially when Hartley didn't know about the transfer clauses they had as he stated before and after in the media.

We were at that time, but we weren't as rank as we've been ever since! He gave us many more good memories than bad and has continued winning leagues since he left us. There's no one that's a sure thing but he's the most likely in the lower leagues IMO.

As a manager, he should have known about a player's clause imo.

Not that I know the Cove budget, but is it not larger than most in the lower leagues? 

I don't dislike Hartley, and he brought us some good results, and he would probably be in my top 10 of choices but I personally think we would be better looking forward than back.

26 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

As a manager, he should have known about a player's clause imo.

Not that I know the Cove budget, but is it not larger than most in the lower leagues? 

I don't dislike Hartley, and he brought us some good results, and he would probably be in my top 10 of choices but I personally think we would be better looking forward than back.

Fair enough Johnny! There's probably no point debating it as we both know Nelms and Strachan are brewing up a horrendous appointment such as Gavin Strachan or Darren O'Dea!