Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's next permanent manager?  

182 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Terrible appointment if true. James McPakes part 2.

Don't agree tbh.  KT lives and breaths his coaching/management.  Big loss to a lot of places if he goes full time with you boys too. 

Just now, Hoose Rice said:

Don't agree tbh.  KT lives and breaths his coaching/management.  Big loss to a lot of places if he goes full time with you boys too. 

As did McPake.

All Thomson has going for him is that he's a bit more of a polished talker.

Proven absolutely nothing thus far and would highlight that we've learnt nothing with our appointments. KT might go on to be a brilliant manager but it'd be a very poor decision for us to be making right now IMO.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

As did McPake.

All Thomson has going for him is that he's a bit more of a polished talker.

Proven absolutely nothing thus far and would highlight that we've learnt nothing with our appointments. KT might go on to be a brilliant manager but it'd be a very poor decision for us to be making right now IMO.

KT has his own academy he works morning noon and night for with Geordie.  He also goes around local schools, takes classes and is always learning.  It's not just a case of him going from Rangers to Kelty.  I've full confidence the guy will be a top manager.   Mcpake was in the right place at the right time imo.  

Edited by Hoose Rice

5 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

KT would be a massive gamble but I'd take him over Gavin Strachan. Nonetheless, ANNOUNCE JACK ROSS.

I mean, I'd take pretty much anyone on the list above Strachan Jr. He only ranks ahead of reappointing McGhee & Rusk for me!

2 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

KT has his own academy he works morning noon and night for with Geordie.  He also goes around local schools, takes classes and is always learning.  It's not just a case of him going from Rangers to Kelty.  I've full confidence the guy will be a top manager. 

Most guys have their own academies tbf. Derek Soutar had a coaching academy, as did Matt Lockwood and James McPake. Doesn't mean I'd want any as manager! I'd maybe take KT as a youth coach based on what you've said, but definitely not manager - it's too big a gamble and another McPake-esque appointment. As I say, he might go on to be a top manager in the future but it'd be a nonsense appointment at present for us as he's completely unproven.

He's apparently in talks with Raith in any case so hopefully they beat us to it.

Edited by Ludo*1

I mean, I'd take pretty much anyone on the list above Strachan Jr. He only ranks ahead of reappointing McGhee & Rusk for me!

Most guys have their own academies tbf. Derek Soutar had a coaching academy, as did Matt Lockwood and James McPake. Doesn't mean I'd want any as manager! I'd maybe take KT as a youth coach based on what you've said, but definitely not manager - it's too big a gamble and another McPake-esque appointment. As I say, he might go on to be a top manager in the future but it'd be a nonsense appointment at present for us as he's completely unproven.

He's apparently in talks with Raith in any case so hopefully they beat us to it.

I think with GS as DoF it's the kind of fit you will be looking at in all honesty.  I don't believe he will take the Raith job. 

I think with GS as DoF it's the kind of fit you will be looking at in all honesty.  I don't believe he will take the Raith job. 

We'd be as well keeping McPake or appointing Adam! McPake is more experienced and Adam has the club at heart. (I'm not suggesting I'd have been remotely impressed with either of these options!)  More how uninspired I'd be with that appointment.

If it's a case of between him and Strachan Jr though, I'm all for it.

We'd be as well keeping McPake or appointing Adam! McPake is more experienced and Adam has the club at heart. (I'm not suggesting I'd have been remotely impressed with either of these options!)  More how uninspired I'd be with that appointment.

If it's a case of between him and Strachan Jr though, I'm all for it.

Fair play.  I'm not here to convince the good guys of Dundee the merits of KT getting the role.  Good luck with whoever you bring in bud. 

Fair play.  I'm not here to convince the good guys of Dundee the merits of KT getting the role.  Good luck with whoever you bring in bud. 

State of his hair these days btw:

Kevin Thomson

I'm out on that reason alone.

37 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Please take Peter Murphy please please 

1 hour ago, Hoose Rice said:

Thomson is getting the job apparently. 

I’m positive Thomson is linked to every job in world football, either a “candidate” or “he’s getting the job apparently” most of its paper talk imo, I could see Dundee going for the likes of Jack Ross, Tommy Wright someone in that mould