County vs Dundee Utd 14/05

14 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:
12 hours ago, Merkincher Clach & County said:
That includes our own supporters at GES who behave in the same manner.
Just a matter of time before someone is seriously injured with this nonsense.
Back to the day.
Please ask your Moronic Supporters who  invaded the pitch and caused all the disruption to apologise to the children and staff of Saint Clements special needs school who were due to meet the players and sing a song.
Congratulations for ruining their day. 

In fairness, kids with special needs are probably the only category of people your fat racist manager didn't send any text messages about, so it's probably best they didn't get to meet him. It wouldn't have ended well.

Sick Burn GIF by MOODMAN

12 hours ago, kdyteejay said:

Well said. I’m in the same boat about smoke bombs being thrown onto the field.  No need. As others said we were denied our players being recognised for their efforts due to Celtic fans celebrating on wednesday  but hey ho. I’m sure your club must welcome the income received from our visit today and Hopefully it was all just excitement and exuberance at us qualifying for Europe for the first time in a decade and nothing untoward.

I'm not a fan of smoke.bombs either. I have to be consistent amd rip into our fans for the pitch invasion. Had any other club done that we'd all to a man be ripping into them for embarrassment of acting like they'd won the league.

We do have a number of fans that seem to invade the pitch at the drop of a hat, like beating a lower league team in an early cup round etc. I know it makes me sound like a total buzzkill, I'm old enough to remember proper pitch invasions all be it as a child, but at least it was for something memorable, final day saving from relegation, league winning etc not moving from 5th to 4th and having 1 less Euro qualifying round.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for big celebrations in the stands but and was jigging like mad following the game via twitter in a train back to Dundee, but I'd be a total hypocrite and be looking through tangerine optics to go the pitch invasion was all good. Having said all that, there was no malice, no truely bad behaviour, no aggression towards County fans or players so it does seem strange the reporting of the event from some journalists that was horrendous scenes of hooliganism. I'd expect better, fans will view it tribally, us good, them bad, but experienced journalists should be better (Iknow, I know!).

Anyway here's to closing the gap to third and a cup next year!!!

It's probably fair to say the Utd fans took things a bit too far, even if it was apparently good natured. It's also probably fair to say there's more than a little in the way of sour grapes from the Ross County side. Just a few days ago this looked it would be the game that secured our passage in to Europe for the first time ever, and then we have to watch Utd fans celebrate that very thing. It's understandable, but it does make us look very Helen Lovejoy-esque.

19 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

I expect a full review into the pitch invasion and flares. I often wonder what David O’Connor does at the club, which today was confirmed: nothing. He’s stealing a wage, just like he did for most of his short career in the Northern Constabulary. 

Nail on the head right there.

Whoever was match commander for that game needs punted.  The policing was wholly inadequate and answers need to be gathered and lessons learned.

2 hours ago, Tannadeechee said:

I'm not a fan of smoke.bombs either. I have to be consistent amd rip into our fans for the pitch invasion. Had any other club done that we'd all to a man be ripping into them for embarrassment of acting like they'd won the league.

Errrrr, no. We're not all killjoys.

Cannot understand for the life of me anybody who bemoans other fans celebrating. If they're happy, good for them!

Edited by ArabFC

3 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

Whoever was match commander for that game needs punted.  The policing was wholly inadequate and answers need to be gathered and lessons learned.

GIF by South Park

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

Errrrr, no. We're not all killjoys.

Cannot understand for the life of me anybody who bemoans other fans celebrating. If they're happy, good for them!

Celebrating is one thing, running onto a pitch, when everyone knows you can get a hammering for it and has been the case for decades, to celebrate moving from 5th to 4th is a bit OTT. I said the same thing when we beat 10 man Ayr in the cup. If that had been Dundee or Aberdeen for example most of the fans on the pitch in Dingwall would have been ripping the pish.

I also said on the other hand, some.of the reporting of this has also been OTT.

Edited by Tannadeechee

3 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

I’m not blaming nor judging the Utd fans, they were a spectacle to behold, and it was their party so fair play. But the fact that we as a club were so unprepared for a inevitable pitch invasion is worrying, and the way it happened over and over again, and couldn’t clear the pitch is a concern. 

14 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'm not entirely sure how the pitch invasion (of which I'm not a fan anyway) prevented the kids from meeting the County players and singing them a song. Were they due to do it on the pitch at the end?

I'm also not entirely sure why I have to ask those involved to apologise - I know I'm the Voice of the United fans on here, but surely that's a job for the SLO?

Pitch invasion aside, and credit where it’s due, some traders in the town were delighted with the welcome trade, one quoted, she was delighted how polite some of them were when she was serving them.

And the , what words would describe him? Idiot? that ran the length of the park at the end, he was a Utd fan from Dingwall, he will be meeting the Judge shortly.

Feel free!

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/stclementsschool?utm_term=Ea69kd5ZR

2 minutes ago, Merkincher Clach & County said:

Pitch invasion aside, and credit where it’s due, some traders in the town were delighted with the welcome trade, one quoted, she was delighted how polite some of them were when she was serving them.

And the , what words would describe him? Idiot? that ran the length of the park at the end, he was a Utd fan from Dingwall, he will be meeting the Judge shortly.

Feel free!

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/stclementsschool?utm_term=Ea69kd5ZR

Again, I'm not sure what any of this has to do with me, other than I happen to be a Dundee United fan.

As for your shilling of your justgiving page, I already donate to multiple charities, thanks