County vs Dundee Utd 14/05

As much as I appreciate Mackay giving the young lads a run, the game passed Mackinnon by today, a complete passenger. Therefore it’s no surprise the subs made a huge impact, as our midfield was absent up to then.
I like what I saw briefly of Sims. The team that finished today, minus Hungbo & Drysdale, gives a wee insight as to what our starting XI may be next season.

I expect a full review into the pitch invasion and flares. I often wonder what David O’Connor does at the club, which today was confirmed: nothing. He’s stealing a wage, just like he did for most of his short career in the Northern Constabulary. 

Edited by Pete the Jakey
syntax

1 hour ago, silver said:

Poor first half from us, but the substitutions in the second changed things and we were a lot better. A tremendous goal by Spittal-a peach of a strike.

The result was ultimately irrelevant sadly, but a top 6 finish after the start we had is a tremendous achievement. It will be hard to replicate that next season.

Sadly the behaviour of fans from some clubs this season has been dreadful. Pitch invasions, smoke bombs, running onto the pitch with your phone for selfies or just to film yourself has now become 'normal' behaviour for some. Its time the football authorities clamped down on this. The only way to get the message home is to have points deductions or huge fines. I appreciate Dundee United took a large travelling support today and the income from this is welcome, but the scenes today were dreadful. As a supporter I would rather see our club forgo the income and instead ban away fans from clubs whose supporters act like this. I suspect there could well be serious fallout from today.

As a result of the 2nd pitch invasion our players lap around the pitch was seriously curtailed. It must have been a good 20+ minutes after the full time whistle that the away supporters finally cleared the pitch.  Such a shame for the players and management who deserved the recognition after doing so well this season.

C7EFF209-C7F1-4FE2-95B0-866D2D2D8151.gif.c648f7849f61e38d4fcf895b9a38ce30.gif

3 hours ago, silver said:

As a result of the 2nd pitch invasion our players lap around the pitch was seriously curtailed. It must have been a good 20+ minutes after the full time whistle that the away supporters finally cleared the pitch.  Such a shame for the players and management who deserved the recognition after doing so well this season.

If it's any consolation we didn't get a lap of honour on Wednesday because Celtic won the division.

Sadly the behaviour of fans from some clubs this season has been dreadful. Pitch invasions, smoke bombs, running onto the pitch with your phone for selfies or just to film yourself has now become 'normal' behaviour for some. Its time the football authorities clamped down on this. The only way to get the message home is to have points deductions or huge fines. I appreciate Dundee United took a large travelling support today and the income from this is welcome, but the scenes today were dreadful. As a supporter I would rather see our club forgo the income and instead ban away fans from clubs whose supporters act like this. I suspect there could well be serious fallout from today.

f**k sake lads - I’d have done the exact same in their situation had we qualified for Europe. Big piss up with their mates I personally don’t see anything wrong but that’s my opinion. Im not a massive fan of smoke bombs myself but as far as I’m aware nobody got hurt and we had to wait a wee bit longer for the players to come out for a wee clap at the end up. Lighten up man. As for the police; not sure what about 50 officers and stewards are meant to do when circa 1000 people come onto the park - it’s physically impossible for them to stop. Think there’s probably a tinge of jealousy from some County fans on social media today to be honest. Fair play to United, have never liked them after 2010 but they’ve been more deserving of 4th than us as they’ve amassed more points and that’s the long and short of it.

7 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Just to prove I am consistent on this matter, the fucking fannies that have thrown smoke bombs on the pitch need a fucking kicking

That includes our own supporters at GES who behave in the same manner.

Just a matter of time before someone is seriously injured with this nonsense.

Back to the day.

Please ask your Moronic Supporters who  invaded the pitch and caused all the disruption to apologise to the children and staff of Saint Clements special needs school who were due to meet the players and sing a song.

Congratulations for ruining their day. 

5 minutes ago, Merkincher Clach & County said:

Back to the day.

Please ask your Moronic Supporters who  invaded the pitch and caused all the disruption to apologise to the children and staff of Saint Clements special needs school who were due to meet the players and sing a song.

Ffs.

1*r4qoo_SJzU8BcGqwoidEEg.gif

19 minutes ago, Merkincher Clach & County said:

Back to the day.

You sure it's not you who has had your day ruined ?

18 minutes ago, Merkincher Clach & County said:

Made no difference to my day.

Try reading the original post, and realise what I wrote.

The penny might just drop.

Think your post is quite straightforward, tbf. Not much scope for misunderstanding. You sound like a sanctimonious c**t. If that wasn't your intention then you might want to go back and review what you posted. If the penny still doesn't drop then maybe stop posting for a while 'til you get the hang of it.

Hth.

1 hour ago, Matty-RCFC said:

f**k sake lads - I’d have done the exact same in their situation had we qualified for Europe. Big piss up with their mates I personally don’t see anything wrong but that’s my opinion. Im not a massive fan of smoke bombs myself but as far as I’m aware nobody got hurt and we had to wait a wee bit longer for the players to come out for a wee clap at the end up. Lighten up man. As for the police; not sure what about 50 officers and stewards are meant to do when circa 1000 people come onto the park - it’s physically impossible for them to stop. Think there’s probably a tinge of jealousy from some County fans on social media today to be honest. Fair play to United, have never liked them after 2010 but they’ve been more deserving of 4th than us as they’ve amassed more points and that’s the long and short of it.

Well said. I’m in the same boat about smoke bombs being thrown onto the field.  No need. As others said we were denied our players being recognised for their efforts due to Celtic fans celebrating on wednesday  but hey ho. I’m sure your club must welcome the income received from our visit today and Hopefully it was all just excitement and exuberance at us qualifying for Europe for the first time in a decade and nothing untoward.

53 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Think your post is quite straightforward, tbf. Not much scope for misunderstanding. You sound like a sanctimonious c**t. If that wasn't your intention then you might want to go back and review what you posted. If the penny still doesn't drop then maybe stop posting for a while 'til you get the hang of it.

Hth.

Are you just being thick or ignorant, or both?

Time for your bed, you have school on Monday, give yourself some time to get ready.

Fucking hell.

Only a few years ago we were sitting 3rd in the Pola Cola Fundesliga with Stuart Murdoch and Mark Durnan strutting their stuff. We witnessed games such as a 0-5 loss to Ayr at home. Today we finished 4th in the big time and qualified for Europe for the first time in over 10 years.

I think its understandable fans getting over excited. Some go too far, they always do, but fucking hell its not as if the pitch was ripped up and the goals were demolished. 

I'm not entirely sure how the pitch invasion (of which I'm not a fan anyway) prevented the kids from meeting the County players and singing them a song. Were they due to do it on the pitch at the end?

I'm also not entirely sure why I have to ask those involved to apologise - I know I'm the Voice of the United fans on here, but surely that's a job for the SLO?

Back to the day.

In fairness, kids with special needs are probably the only category of people your fat racist manager didn't send any text messages about, so it's probably best they didn't get to meet him. It wouldn't have ended well.