SJFC 🔵 ⚪ v 🔵 🔴 ICTFC. Playoff Final.

It should be 2nd v 3rd then winner v 11th.
Match the 2 legs with game 37/38.
Both finalists play 38 games before the Final and have the same break beforehand.
The idea a team finishing 4th in 10 team division can get promoted is ridiculous to me.

There should be a proper reward for finishing runner up imo. 2nd v 3rd means all they get is the home tie in the second leg which is a bit meh.

I wouldn’t be against promoting 1st and 2nd automatically, relegating 12th and 11th. Most years someone runs away with the title anyway. Then let 3rd play 10th over two legs. Total chaos and would mean there was a freshness to the league every year that would hopefully level up some of the growing inequalities between the biggest non-old firm clubs and the rest.

Doesn’t seem an official attendance was given but I’ve seen folk saying at least 7300 up to 7800. A great effort all round.

4000 odd an average this season. No reason why the club can’t push for 7000 if they really market tickets well.

9 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Doesn’t seem an official attendance was given but I’ve seen folk saying at least 7300 up to 7800. A great effort all round.

Fair play to the Caley fans for travelling down on a Monday night in such good numbers and creating a decent atmosphere. A large proportion stayed to applaud their side as well which is more than the **** did in Seville. The only negative was the Old Firm songbook, including ‘the Bouncy’. Also ‘no one likes us’ - really? 

2 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Fair play to the Caley fans for travelling down on a Monday night in such good numbers and creating a decent atmosphere. A large proportion stayed to applaud their side as well which is more than the **** did in Seville. The only negative was the Old Firm songbook, including ‘the Bouncy’. Also ‘no one likes us’ - really? 

And that ‘putting on a show’ chant 🤢

Edited by PSJ.84

Some boy in front of me was singing ‘we’re 11th in the league, looking down on the Dundee. The form we have found, since Hendry’s been around’ 4A0C309C-6B26-4029-BF71-BB446AEBBF05.png.93bd6401839417f33d8430f372b40067.png

That’s a fucking beauty and I’m now fuming it didn’t make it around the stand.

7 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Some boy in front of me was singing ‘we’re 11th in the league, looking down on the Dundee. The form we have found, since Hendry’s been around’ 4A0C309C-6B26-4029-BF71-BB446AEBBF05.png.93bd6401839417f33d8430f372b40067.png

29B2271D-65E8-4D05-B423-7CF5646363A2.jpeg

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

On the plus side, you have to be in with a shout of automatic promotion next season if you can keep that squad together/add a bit of quality.

First time for ages (since 13-14) that the league hasn't had a 'big spending' team in it. At least one of Hibs, Hearts, Rangers, Dundee United and Killie have been in the league since then. Plus strong title tilts from us and Ross County in amongst that.

Dundee the obvious candidates, but they could also totally implode. Depends which manager they get in.

A lot of that team will move on in the summer though I suspect. McAlear won't be back (surely it's time for the Ro$$ Bounty rumours to kick in now) and I'd be surprised if Deas is still here after the summer. There's a reasonable spine to the team but it still needs a lot of work to it and we've often struggled to get players to come up when we were in the Premiership let alone playing Championship football. Dodds has a big task ahead of him...

1 hour ago, Zamora Fan said:

People always say this but a ratio of 3/8 championship sides promoted isn’t that bad given the financial gulf etc.

I don’t really disagree with your general point, but would also point out that your proposed solution would leave the premiership side playing more games and would mean there was little difference in finishing 2nd or 3rd in the championship. The system as it is provides lots of entertainment every year and generally close or at least entertaining ties between the top flight and championship teams. If I could tweak it, it would be to introduce a slightly bigger gap between rounds and games to give the 3rd/4th placed sides a fairer shot.

I agree, the team finishing 2nd in the Championship and the team finishing 11th play the same number of games and seems fair that 3rd/4th play more. Perhaps go to one game for 3rd and 4th being at home of 3rd place team? Teams are probably happy with the revenue however. 

The Premiership side getting the home leg last by default is perhaps a little unfair, a draw might be fairer. 

A guy behind me kept calling MacPherson “MacFearson.” “Aw naw MacFearson.” Say his name right you oaf.

8 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

A guy behind me kept calling MacPherson “MacFearson.” “Aw naw MacFearson.” Say his name right you oaf.

Was that same said oaf who kept barrelling his way down the stairs without even so much as an excuse me?

1 hour ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Jamama and his making songs up shite.

Did you have to point out who Hendry was?

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

I have been told it was announced as 7355 on Radio Scotland. 

3 hours ago, FrankChickens1 said:

After sleeping through my 0230 alarm I woke up and started watching at about the 80 minute mark. 

Where are you based? 

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Controlled the first half and then humiliation and shambles in the second, deserved what we got and you can't give away howlers.

Genuinely one of the most embarrassing second half performances ever seen in Scottish football. A world record. 

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

It was the same a few years ago when St Mirren won their playoff on penalties.
There was a pitch invasion, a trophy and wild celebrations by all accounts but I had already switched off the game.

There was no trophy. Never has been for the playoff. The celebrations were massive as we had struggled all season. Even just to get to the playoffs was deemed a success given how we started the season. The fact it went to penalties against United who were actually favourites led to the pitch invasion. 

The only time you ever see St Mirren is on TV, so you don’t get the same emotions as those in the support at the ground.