SJFC 🔵 ⚪ v 🔵 🔴 ICTFC. Playoff Final.

Going on last night's game i can't see ICT troubling St Johnstone, they didn't trouble Arbroath much, even in the 2nd half when they weren't playing into a gale. As shite as St Johnstone have been this season, they know how to grind out a result, pretty solid in defence when not playing Celtic, and will have a big advantage being able to rest up players on Sunday in a nothing game, compared to the grueling 4 games Inverness have already played, they'll have a few players nursing knocks and bruises.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

..but not going on almost all of St Johnstone's season?

Played them twice recently and reckon they'll do the same as they did against us and grind out a result over the 2 legs, maybe even winning both. Their recent results have been not too bad,, taking out the Celtic mauling they're in decent form.

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

..taking out the Celtic mauling they're in decent form.

Nonsense, they were dreadful against us, just 2 games back, like worse than either of those teams we saw last night. That's not a joke, that's how bad they were.

8 minutes ago, Ric said:

Nonsense, they were dreadful against us, just 2 games back, like worse than either of those teams we saw last night. That's not a joke, that's how bad they were.

They were dreadful against us too but got a 1-0 win and a 1-1 draw, like i said, they know how to grind out a result. Their recent results minus the one against Celtic are 2 wins, 2 draws and a 1-0 defeat to you, all low scoring games, which backs up what i said about their defence, and grinding our results.

Also why cherry pick that part and not continue with this part 

As shite as St Johnstone have been this season, they know how to grind out a result, pretty solid in defence when not playing Celtic, and will have a big advantage being able to rest up players on Sunday in a nothing game, compared to the grueling 4 games Inverness have already played, they'll have a few players nursing knocks and bruises.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Also why cheery pick that part and not continue with this part

Not cherry picking, addressing your point about form.

They are in better form than they've been all season, that's true, but I wouldn't say they were in "decent form". We obviously have different opinions based on what they were like against our respective teams.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

Not cherry picking, addressing your point about form.

They are in better form than they've been all season, that's true, but I wouldn't say they were in "decent form". We obviously have different opinions based on what they were like against our respective teams.

Going back over the last three months they've beaten Motherwell, Livi, Aberdeen, drawn with Hibs, Livi, Dundee, and lost narrowlly 1-0 to Sevco and ST Mirren, and a heavy defeat to Celtic. So only the Celtic game they've been gubbed.  12 pts from their last 9 games is decent form i'd say.

st johnstone grinding out results and playing shite is very late 90's to mid 2000's of them. they specialized in coming to dingwall, scoring and shutting up shop

Edited by Comrie

Going by play-off history, our suspension/injury list and the fact they are the Premiership team with higher calibre players you’d have to make St. Johnstone the favourites. However, posters going off one game to predict St Johnstone will win by a landslide a extremely misinformed. They are in this position because they are not very good. I expect it to be a fairly close game over the two legs with The Caley just missing out due to lack of squad depth.

1 minute ago, Sir Tarmo said:

Going by play-off history, our suspension/injury list and the fact they are the Premiership team with higher calibre players you’d have to make St. Johnstone the favourites. However, posters going off one game to predict St Johnstone will win by a landslide a extremely misinformed. They are in this position because they are not very good. I expect it to be a fairly close game over the two legs with The Caley just missing out due to lack of squad depth.

I would imagine anyone suggesting a St Johnstone landlside hasnt had the misfortune of watching us all year. We're fucking abysmal.

1 minute ago, Fife Saint said:

I would imagine anyone suggesting a St Johnstone landlside hasnt had the misfortune of watching us all year. We're fucking abysmal.

Predicted mainly by posters who tuned in to watch The Caley for the first time last night. We’re not a great team, and we have an absence list longer than the A9 but we’re a better side than we showed playing in the North Sea with 10, 9, 8, 9, 10 and then 9 (again) men last night up against a 12 man Arbroath side spearheaded by Willie Collum.

We’re definitely underdogs but I see no reason why we can’t make the game close and hopefully nick a win. It’s the closest we have come to promotion since coming down, given that the play-offs were scrapped the season we came 2nd.

Already said who I think will win but torn on who I want to win. 

Inverness are our bogey team and it'd be nice to have a wee trip to McDiarmid rather than travelling up to Inverness.

But f**k Billy Dodds and f**k Scot Gardiner.

St Johnstone, I'd imagine, would be in a much stronger position than Caley to fight for the title next season due to their longevity in the top flight so that goes against them.

Do Caley have a lot of their squad tied up for next season or would it be another rebuild if they stay down?

Edited by Ludo*1

I completely get why everyone wants us down for the lols and because apparently an away trip to Perth is shite.

But claiming it’s a shite away trip when your own team is Motherwell, st Mirren or Kilmarnock is a bit lacking in self-awareness. The blandest league fillers out there. 

Fans of Dundee or Edinburgh clubs, however, wire in ..

I don’t mind St. Johnstone as an away day. We don’t have a particularly good record there though, and it can be a bit soulless (same as ourselves and many others) but it’s a nice wee stadium. I’d take that over some dilapidated Victorian age stadium with pillars planted right in your view any day.

If folk are having a shite day out in Perth they're doing it wrong. There are plenty of pubs where away fans would get free reign to do whatever they like, then a punch in the puss when you leave. If you're not impressed by the clientele in say, the Grill, then you're doing life wrong. Embrace it lads, leave your mark.

If folk are having a shite day out in Perth they're doing it wrong. There are plenty of pubs where away fans would get free reign to do whatever they like, then a punch in the puss when you leave. If you're not impressed by the clientele in say, the Grill, then you're doing life wrong. Embrace it lads, leave your mark.
The good pubs in Perth are nowhere near the ground.