SJFC 🔵 ⚪ v 🔵 🔴 ICTFC. Playoff Final.

4 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

It was a clear foul, whether it was a yellow or red is debatable as a lot of 'goalscoring opportunity' decisions are,

It was never a 'goalscoring opportunity', for a start the ball wasn't even going towards the Arbroath goal when Devine was fouled.

19 minutes ago, Rasczak said:

It was never a 'goalscoring opportunity', for a start the ball wasn't even going towards the Arbroath goal when Devine was fouled.

Yep. The ball, less than a second later, was in Ridgers' hands.

I have in the back of my mind that the 3 man appeals panel must reach a unanimous decision to overrule the sending off, does anyone know if that is the case?. 

My issue with the sending off is the actual position of the referee. He was in the Arbroath half when the incident occurred so there is no way he could be a 100% certain a clear goalscoring opportunity was denied or that a 100% that a clear foul had been committed. If he had given a foul, then perhaps everyone could have lived with that but a sending off..... Secondly, the lineman did not raise his flag at all, he did on several other occasions throughout the match, so he doesn't appear to think there was a foul. Even if Collum had gone to speak to him, and I know they are miked up, it may have helped but Collum had the red card out straight away. As I have said, there is absolutely no way he could be a 100% certain on this but from the outset didn't think the panel would have the balls to overturn this decision. 

If a similar situation happens in the cup final on Saturday, and Collum doesn't send off the defender, it should come as no surprise. 

8 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

I see NowTV are doing an offer to get all Sky Sports channels for 24 hours for £5.99. It ends on Friday. Useful for those like me whom have grown accustomed to watching The Caley destroy jobbers on the widescreen but don't have Sky or plane tickets.

I just got 3 months for a total of €30 via now tv. 

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

All our statements are like this now.

Am I right in reading that Devine is only going to miss the first leg?  

There are no suspensions listed on the SFA website for May so it looks like he is free to play.

It was more of a foul than Duffy's second yellow was.

I don't know the appeal system but from the statement it sounds like they were only allowed to appeal one of the decisions. If that's the case then they doubly got what they deserved. The second red was never a red. Why they didn't go for that one ahead of the one that split opinion is mental.

Well it's one or the other. It can't have been getting collected by Ridgers if it wasn't heading towards the goal surely?

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I don't know the appeal system but from the statement it sounds like they were only allowed to appeal one of the decisions. If that's the case then they doubly got what they deserved. The second red was never a red. Why they didn't go for that one ahead of the one that split opinion is mental.

Think you can only appeal a straight red, so it was the only one they could appeal. 

The appeal was a speculative shot to nothing, it was never going to be overturned but there's no downside for ICT. In the unlikely event of success they've won a watch, otherwise they get to send out statements frothing with righteous indignation to whip up the fan base. 

On 18/05/2022 at 12:31, TheScarf said:

Fucking embarrassing statement. It was never getting overturned, they can’t undermine Collum 3 days before he does the cup final. 

Correct, Collum is a total shambles as accepted by the whole of Scottish Football with the exception of his employers, as I've said too many times VAR will show what a fool he is.

1 minute ago, SandyCromarty said:

Correct, Collum is a total shambles as accepted by the whole of Scottish Football with the exception of his employers, as I've said too many times VAR will show what a fool he is.

You realise VAR is just the same people making the decisions don't you?

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

You realise VAR is just the same people making the decisions don't you?

Not so entirely, the Qualified assistant referees view the offence from many different angles, the on field referee is advised as to the validity of his decision which can then be overturned, or where the OFR missed a clear box foul the QAR's can recommend a penalty.

1 minute ago, SandyCromarty said:

Not so entirely, the Qualified assistant referees view the offence from many different angles, the on field referee is advised as to the validity of his decision which can then be overturned, or where the OFR missed a clear box foul the QAR's can recommend a penalty.

Well done on reading Wikipedia.

The same refs making the shit decisions and the same people who validate these decisions will be behind VAR. The idea it'll magically resolve errors is wrong.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

20 hours ago, Rasczak said:
20 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Well it's one or the other. It can't have been getting collected by Ridgers if it wasn't heading towards the goal surely?

Yes, it was collected by Ridgers because it wasn't heading towards the ARBROATH goal, so as it wasn't heading towards that goal, then there was no way that it was a goalscoring opportunity for the player who was fouled. Therefore no card for the foul Hamilton committed seems right, but to award Arbroath the free kick and send off the player who was fouled ??????

Devine grabs him by the waist as they go down, baffles me why ICT fans are so reluctant to acknowledge that.