SJFC 🔵 ⚪ v 🔵 🔴 ICTFC. Playoff Final.

2 hours ago, bennett said:

It favours the premiership club

As it should, if the Championship clubs want direct promotion they can win the league. The playoffs are a nice little double chance for teams who aren't good enough to finish top, but it shouldn't be easy for them to win them.

I do agree it should either be a straight 2nd v 11th or 3rd v 2nd and winner v 11th. Get the 4th place team out of contention. 

2 hours ago, bennett said:

It favours the premiership club, the chances are that the championship club has played 4 bruising games while premiership club may be able to rest players.

As previously said, a one off game between 2nd and 11th would be fairer.

That would have robbed the world of the hilarity of the 2015 playoff final.

15 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Who was the wee no20 who came on for Caley near the end?  Think he might be the smallest footballer I've ever seen. 

Smokin' Joe Hardy.  On loan from Accrington Stanley and previously with Liverpool and Brentford.  When he actually gets the ball you can see he does have some ability but considering our tactics seem to involve blootering the ball at him his time with us has been pretty forgettable.  If he played in a slower, more possession-based league I think he could be a good player but I don't think lower league Scottish football is for him.

Edited by Highland Capital

6 hours ago, Zamora Fan said:

Zzz. Getting rid or drastically changing one of Scottish football’s most entertaining features for the sake of some misguided notion of fairness is a rotten idea.

Spot on. Look at the interest the play offs have generated.. Arbroath v ICT a nearly full Gayfield, Saints v ICT 7400 with nearly 2000 from Inverness for a Monday night relegation battle.

Fair enough bin the 4th place team, but including them does mean nearly every team in every league outside the prem has something to play for right up to the end of the season.

It does go to emphasise how much better Scottish football could be with no Celtic and rangers; teams like Saints and Inverness would every so often have a genuine chance of winning the league. The crowds would be massive.

7 hours ago, bennett said:

It favours the premiership club, the chances are that the championship club has played 4 bruising games while premiership club may be able to rest players.

2nd place  only plays 2 bruisng games.

There is just as much chance of Championship sides being able to rest players compared to Premiership. Arbroath were in a position to give players rest with no meaningful games after 22nd April until 10th May.

Felt a wee bit for Rooney after the game when he tried to come over to the ICT fans to try and placate things a little bit with a genuine "no hard feelings" type of message but a lot of our supporters were clearly not up for this and he was eventually ushered away by some Saint Johnstone rep.

Obviously his priority right now is Celtic Saint Johnstone but he still clearly has a lot of love for The Caley.

Edited by RiG

4 minutes ago, RiG said:

Felt a wee bit for Rooney after the game when he tried to come over to the ICT fans to try and placate things a little bit with a genuine "no hard feelings" type of message but a lot of our supporters were clearly not up for this and he was eventually ushered away by some Saint Johnstone rep.

Obviously his priority right now is Celtic Saint Johnstone but he still clearly has a lot of love for The Caley.

I thought it looked like he squared up to someone.  Some of our fans are idiots but it wasn't a very good idea to react to it.

14 minutes ago, RiG said:

His priorities are now with Fleetwood town I'm afraid.

34 minutes ago, RiG said:

I can imagine some of your weirder fans thought his huge celebration after the goal was something against them, rather than him just celebrating one final time with us, tbh.

29 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I can imagine some of your weirder fans thought his huge celebration after the goal was something against them, rather than him just celebrating one final time with us, tbh.

Hard to see his celebration given my eyes were filling with tears TBH.

10 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

Shame for Caley. Hopefully they keep Dundee down next season and then switch places with Ross County for the season after that. 

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

3 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Dundee FC.

Living in Hearts fans heads since 1986.

2 hours ago, Merkincher Clach & County said:

Quality.

48 minutes ago, Girth said:

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Get back to your bush league forum you illiterate jute licking bumpkins. 😎

(thank you)