SJFC 🔵 ⚪ v 🔵 🔴 ICTFC. Playoff Final.

Interesting to think back to this mornings article in the courier by one of Davidson's client journalists saying that Davidson fucking up Friday by taking off Middleton for May was a stroke of genius because it meant he learned he had to play middleton and not May today. 

I guess what they meant was it was a stroke of genius and not actually a f**k up because genius Davidson then already perceived he had to start Middleton and take him off at half time for May in order to get the win. 

Well it happened so jokes on us. We'll never know if saints would have been relegated had Davidson not taken off Middleton for May on Friday. 

32 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Interesting to think back to this mornings article in the courier by one of Davidson's client journalists saying that Davidson fucking up Friday by taking off Middleton for May was a stroke of genius because it meant he learned he had to play middleton and not May today. 

I guess what they meant was it was a stroke of genius and not actually a f**k up because genius Davidson then already perceived he had to start Middleton and take him off at half time for May in order to get the win. 

Well it happened so jokes on us. We'll never know if saints would have been relegated had Davidson not taken off Middleton for May on Friday. 

Give it a rest Frank ya boring c**t. We won, be happy for once in your life.

7 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

A Livi away day. Sounds awesome.

A rare collection of roundabouts and some shitey shopping centre populated by junkies and the downtrodden. Lets be honest any travelling fan not making a good day of it in Perth isnt doing it right.

Gutting defeat. Thought we did pretty well in the first half and if we’d kept it tight second half we’d have had a good chance of doing it but it didn’t go that way.

overall we just weren’t good enough over the two legs. We didn’t create enough and we weren’t tight enough defensively. I didn’t have a great atmosphere 

Was a great crowd from both teams tonight, really good atmosphere. 

Probably easier in the end than it could have been. 4-0 probably flatters Saints. Was less that ICT ran out of steam, more that given the circumstances they had to go for it and left themselves exposed.

Would say ICT on par with Dundee, so championship could be interesting next year, just thankful we aren't there.

Saints need a bit of a de clutter in the summer and Davidson needs to right some of the mistakes from this season. Bit of an end of an era though with so many of that team having played their last games for the club. 

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

No idea why most folk on here are having a go at Caley. They were by far the better team in the first half and if they had scored it could have been different. Also, the two late goals were scored because Caley had the bulk of their defence up the pitch trying to score, so no problem with the defending for either goal. Ridgers was anticipating a low shot for both late goals because most players don’t go for the dink in a one on one situation. Unlucky Caley.

Absolute PISH 😂

Just back.  I was quite hopeful at half time given I thought we'd played quite well but the fact we didn't score in the first half nor keep it tight at the beginning of the second was the end of us.  Maybe if Doran had connected properly with that shot at 2-0 it could've changed the game but oh well.

Edited by Highland Capital

2 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Just back.  I was quite hopeful at half time given I thought we'd played quite well but the fact we didn't score in the first half nor keep it tight at the beginning of the second was the end of us.  Maybe if Doran had connected properly with that shot at 2-0 it could've changed the game but oh well.

PUMPED, END OFF

On a night like tonight, I'll allow myself to temporarily forget about the events of this season. It will go down as one of the most memorable McDiarmid Park nights in spite of everything that came before it.

Firstly, a dreadful first half. Inverness looked a technically better team than us and they showed a lot more hunger in addition to that. Not sure how big a part it played when Callum was forced into the substitution of May for the injured Middleton, but there's no doubt that he made a telling impact. In general, it was nice to see our goals being scored by a 2014 cup legend, a 2020/21 cup double legend (those celebrations will go down in folklore), and this season's saviour. Cammy MacPherson's aggressive celebration dampened my mood for a couple of minutes. In fact, Cammy MacPherson's name on the scoresheet dampened my mood for a couple of minutes. Anyway, I was over it relatively quickly.

It was fairly unsurprising to see that our best defensive performer was the man who Callum Davidson has been too scared to put in the starting line-up for the last few months. CD's characteristic spinelessness continued after the final whistle, waiting until Zander Clark was ready to walk beside him before daring to approach the home fans.

As much as I'd like the manager to get his jotters tomorrow morning, I imagine he'll be in charge until at least Christmas. There's a lot of work and rebuilding to do over the summer, but that can wait until tomorrow. Well done to Saints for this evening's performance, although it does nothing to gloss over everything that preceded it.

Thank f**k for that. We were much worse than on Friday but got it done - moment of quality from the excellent Mahon to set us on the attack for the first goal, great ball in from Brown and then May is there for the rebound. From there we get the complete luck of the second deflection goal.

After that we sat in, again, and Caley looked the more likely to score. But unlike on Friday we got lucky and they didn’t, and then obviously Dodds chucked as many players forward as possible and we get the release of the last two goals. Very different reaction and end to the game if we didn’t get that I reckon. But it made for a great night at the football and it was very nice to have something to celebrate. Anyone (Saints fans or otherwise) making fun of fans for enjoying that should get a grip tbh - the cups were behind closed doors and the last occasion like this for us in person where we could enjoy a huge result in person was before the pandemic.

Big changes needed as we start next season as the worst side in the league. Worried like everyone else about the four out of contract players who will be off in all likelihood but I have some hope in Hallberg, MacPherson (!) and Mahon’s performances over this tie.

7 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Callum Davidson is the most uninspiring, pessimistic manager I’ve ever heard 

I’m actually quite jealous of him. I’ve had a sore neck for about a month  now. As he doesn’t have one, he’ll never have to go through this pain.