SJFC 🔵 ⚪ v 🔵 🔴 ICTFC. Playoff Final.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

No idea why most folk on here are having a go at Caley. They were by far the better team in the first half and if they had scored it could have been different. Also, the two late goals were scored because Caley had the bulk of their defence up the pitch trying to score, so no problem with the defending for either goal. Ridgers was anticipating a low shot for both late goals because most players don’t go for the dink in a one on one situation. Unlucky Caley.

Billy Dodds is your answer.

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

I foresee the Highland clearances #2 coming this close season.

ICT need a wipeout of a pile of creaky dead wood. Starting with the manager ....

The manager that took a thin, fairly average squad to within 45 mins of promotion?

21 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Inverness getting promoted would have been the very obvious best option for the rest of the top flight, because their puffing mess of a manager would have led them to a record low points total. St Johnstone have the potential to not be absolutely terrible now that they've offloaded the recruitment gurus that led them through perhaps the single worst summer transfer window I've ever seen.

You don't have a clue what you're talking about.

7 minutes ago, sophia said:

Indeed, it was a tale of two breaks in the box, one fell to a striker and at the other end Billy McKay was unlucky that the ball didn't fall to him.

The deflection, as all deflections are, was unfortunate.

There wasn't any coming back from that and truth be told St Johnstone thoroughly deserved their victory.

I wish them the best for next year against the likes of Ross County, Dundee Utd, Hibs and Dundee.

Tut tut.

Bit of VIM there.

Your only hope is County will buy a couple of players to help you lot survive.

Now then, which player or players will it be?

Just keep your manager.

5 minutes ago, Merkincher Clach & County said:

Tut tut.

Bit of VIM there.

Your only hope is County will buy a couple of players to help you lot survive.

Now then, which player or players will it be?

Just keep your manager.

Stick to sucking the queen's toes you rangers mink

Can only speak for myself, but my celebrations at the end were relief driven more than anything, the first half was atrocious.

The January arrivals of Hallberg and Hendry saved us. Hallberg in particular has comfortably been the best player on the park over these two games.

Lessons have to have been learned or this will be a short lived joy.

21 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Billy Dodds is your answer.

I can’t stand Dodds either, but some folk were posting absolute shite about awful defending when a team in a final are 2-0 down with two minutes left. 

Strange game is football.  Friday night we’re battering Inverness and at HT you could easily see it finishing 4-0. It ends up 2-2.  Tonight it’s a cagey first half where the Caley looked the more dangerous side.. finishes 4-0 Saints!

Thoroughly enjoyable tie, plenty action and excitement. Brilliant atmosphere tonight, felt like McDiarmid Park of old at times with the whole East Stand singing.

Caley are a better side than I realised, especially after what I saw of their earlier play off ties, and fair play to their supporters who stayed to clap and sing at the end.

Brilliant second half by Saints. The courage and mentality of this side has been called into question often this season, but came out that second half positive and got after Caley. Deserved the win.

Brilliant for Stevie May, he ended up being a great sub when I was doubting he’d make much impact when I heard he was coming on at HT.

Cammy MacPherson was excellent that second half as well, and thought Brown had a very good game nullifying Caley‘s most dangerous player. Back 3 were solid and Rooney immense.

Finally, delighted for Callum Davidson. Hell of a tough season where he’s made his share of poor decisions, but he’s kept us up and from January that’s all that mattered.  Hopefully he’s learned what he needs to from the season and we’re back to winning cups and qualifying for Europe next season!

Russell Crowe Gladiator GIF

13 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Ooft. County fans outing themselves all over the forum tonight.

There has been some ill considered remarks tonight that I'm sure on sober reflection will give cause for embarrassment.

As for our brief stay in the Premier forum, I rather think we've brought a joie de vivre that has attracted attention that has sometimes been meritorious.

Edited by sophia
typos

4 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Ooft. County fans outing themselves all over the forum tonight.

Check back!

I never mentioned the result!

Not interested.

But your resident >>>>>>> >>>->>> did throw a spanner in by wishing Saints all the best against County, Dundee Utd etc.

Oh, give us another one.

Our season starts here, how many starts can you have to Season?

Anyway, get yourself off to bed, you have school in the morning.