SJFC πŸ”΅ βšͺ v πŸ”΅ πŸ”΄ ICTFC. Playoff Final.

It stands to reason that the more you are in the opposition third, the more likely you are to benefit from a poor decision and vice versa at the defending end.Β 

We've had a number of bad decisions against us but then I suspect we've been nearer the opposition goal less and defending our own box more than virtually every other team in the league.Β 

As said, you feel this is simply a last throw of the dice from a desperate man. He has just meekly rolled over and had his belly tickled all season when these things have gone against us.Β 

9 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

That guy's gimmick winds me up even more than some of the mooks in the Ross County thread. Genuinely have no idea what people like that get out of supporting a football team

That P G Wodehouse clown would only be tolerated on the likes of CTO as I note his drivel is barely challenged, on here he would be slaughtered.

48 minutes ago, Kieran said:

Plenty of people I would imagine, not overly bothered but surely it's better to see a full stand than a 2/3rds full one.Β 

Surely all the stands will be full. The stadium only holds 10000 and two city teams are playing in a massive game.Β 

16 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

That's what happens to teams at the bottom of the league. Those decisions that you'd normally just mump and moan about during the game become that much more important and feel like a devastating blow. It's nothing to do with the reason you're where you are though.

Oh yeah I'm aware that we've brought these things on ourselves, you generally earn your luck in football with where you play the most of the game.

I just find it annoying he's waited until now to put pressure on refs, its a dick move but every manager is at it.

7 hours ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Just masochistically read another article by the same PR company linked within that one which suggested that Davidson's subs were a stroke of genius actually, because now he knows his team for today. Laughable.Β 

Print Sports Journos paddle out the same shite daily, the print media brings nothing to the game financially, total shitehawks when it comes to freebies and hospitality, it's time they were charged for attending games or their newspapers made financial contributions to the sport.

The broadcasting media bring us money why not the grubby little print journos who spend most of their time grabbing free hospitality.

I’ve no issue with Davidson doing it. You look for any slight advantage you can get, and if you’re in the officials’ head that your team has been hard done by, it might make them that wee bit more careful not to give a marginal decision against you.

The OF do it regularly. That Celtic director was in the press the week upto our LC semi final against them saying how unfair Nick Walsh has been against them in previous matches. Β Lo and behold he books Saints players continuously for nothing, including Murray for having the ball kicked off him, and manages to miss the Celtic forward controlling the ball with his hand in the build up to the decisive goal.

As RG says, he should have been far more vocal about the decisions earlier on in the season.

2 hours ago, jagster said:

Morning I’m coming down after work so might be cutting it fine and I’d imagine there will be heavy traffic. Would I be ok to turn right at inveralmond roundabout go through ind estate and come out the other end parking somewhere by the road or is that a no noΒ 

66E68706-743D-42CE-A53C-397427B33BEC.png

There's a Tesco not far from the ground but I don't know if it will be parking monitored for an evening match, then further our the road there is a Dobbies where you could get parked but it's a fair walk to the ground.

1 hour ago, The Marly said:

Actually they can't.Β  They have no medical qualifications (even if they did they can't make a diagnosis without examining the player) and the instruction is that they stop the game if there's a head knock.Β  It's not their job to be sceptical.Β 

This is true, but the referee has to actually see the player down and realise it's a head knock in order to do that, the game doesn't have the ability to stop automatically. You can clearly see from the replay that he watches two players challenge for the ball, looks across to see both players falling to the deck in what seems to be a tangle, with no obvious sign of a head knock, and then has to follow play again because Inverness have the ball in a dangerous position from which they score within about 2 seconds.

The alternative is that Madden stands and stares at the two players on the ground to ascertain the full nature of their injury, and completely ignores the play raging on in an attacking area, where he could obviously miss any number of other important decisions. Or failing that, he could stop the game every single time there's an aerial challenge, just in case someone ends up getting a head knock.

Referees should be criticised for letting play rage on for a long time while a player is down, but not for one that happens out of his eyeline with play less than five seconds before a goal goes in. It's severely clutching at straws for a manager to be complaining about that.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

You're barred.

Feels like it, yet again completely pied, by both the ticket office and the SLO. Ticket office been stringing me along for a week, SLO was emailed on Friday but not heard anything yet.

Can see me missing out on a ticket and not even being arsed at this point tbh, some way to treat your season ticket holders.

Just now, TheScarf said:

How to heck has an ST holder not been able to get a ticket?

Meant to put your email address in to get your seat before Saturday. I done that and it came up as the seats being sold.

Over the past week I've phoned and emailed, and my dads gone to the ticket office, to get it sorted or be told we just need to buy other seats, and every time we get told to hold on and they'll sort it, and they'll contact us the next day.Β 

As you can probably tell they've never done that. I'm going to just have to buy seats somewhere else now as I can't just keep waiting.

31 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

There's a Tesco not far from the ground but I don't know if it will be parking monitored for an evening match, then further our the road there is a Dobbies where you could get parked but it's a fair walk to the ground.

Aye, Tesco is monitored. Been given a ticket before but wasn’t exactly chased for not paying itΒ 

Just now, PSJ.84 said:

Aye, Tesco is monitored. Been given a ticket before but wasn’t exactly chased for not paying itΒ 

I don’t think they can enforce it. The small Tesco in Inverness city centre tried it for a few years and got told to bolt numerous times.Β 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

See reports the Bear might be in the squad for this.

Should provide more off the bench than May or Ciftci if we're needing to chase a goal, you'd think, so that's a boost.

How do you know? He’s hardly been given a decent opportunity. I suppose anything is more than β€˜f**k all’ though.Β 

Only single seats left in the East Stand, unless you want to be punted over in that wee corner beside Ghostie.
Β 

44 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

The Tesco car park is monitored 24/7

5 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Only single seats left in the East Stand, unless you want to be punted over in that wee corner beside Ghostie.
Β 

That's where I'll be going I think.

"Someone in the ticket office will phone you right back" 20 minutes ago...

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That's where I'll be going I think.

"Someone in the ticket office will phone you right back" 20 minutes ago...

Seems weird to me that the Ormond stand is shut tonight given how few tickets there are left. Having looked just now there’s only about 75 tickets left that aren’t single seats, and they’re all at the front in the southern corners of the East/West stands. Surely worth opening it up as a last minute pay at the gate option?

Think it’s fairly simple for us tonight - start the same XI as we did in Inverness and open up with the same intensity and attacking intent. Critical that we score the first goal.

Edited by Jamie_Beatson