SJFC 🔵 ⚪ v 🔵 🔴 ICTFC. Playoff Final.

Morning I’m coming down after work so might be cutting it fine and I’d imagine there will be heavy traffic. Would I be ok to turn right at inveralmond roundabout go through ind estate and come out the other end parking somewhere by the road or is that a no no 

66E68706-743D-42CE-A53C-397427B33BEC.png

8 hours ago, Zamora Fan said:

And the head knock thing. 

I've noticed the tactical head knock stoppage creeping in.

There was what appeared to be one, it may even have been McCart, a few minutes earlier. Referees can be forgiven for being sceptical and managing games appropriately.

13 hours ago, Kieran said:

A shame that the North Stand wasn't allowed to fill up first and then the overflow of that into the main stand, looks as if that end would have been full if that had been the case! Just from the point of view of how it'll look on TV. 

Who cares how it looks on TV?  

7 minutes ago, sophia said:

I've noticed the tactical head knock stoppage creeping in.

There was what appeared to be one, it may even have been McCart, a few minutes earlier. Referees can be forgiven for being sceptical and managing games appropriately.

Actually they can't.  They have no medical qualifications (even if they did they can't make a diagnosis without examining the player) and the instruction is that they stop the game if there's a head knock.  It's not their job to be sceptical. 

25 minutes ago, jagster said:

Morning I’m coming down after work so might be cutting it fine and I’d imagine there will be heavy traffic. Would I be ok to turn right at inveralmond roundabout go through ind estate and come out the other end parking somewhere by the road or is that a no no 

66E68706-743D-42CE-A53C-397427B33BEC.png

Yeah you'll be fine to do that.  

3 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Actually they can't.  They have no medical qualifications (even if they did they can't make a diagnosis without examining the player) and the instruction is that they stop the game if there's a head knock.  It's not their job to be sceptical. 

Actually they can, referees have every right to counter outright cheating.

Moreover, the game has recently been improved by the policy decision of not blowing the whistle immediately for all manner of advantage seeking tricks. In this instance the referee did exactly the right thing.

In any case, concentrating on this, the offside and CD subs, reveals a weakness that the magnificent game changing Scott Allardice will relish.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's the refs fault lads.

The decisions we've faced this season have been farcical. If refs do their job then we likely draw with Aberdeen in Perth and beat them at Pittodrie. Two decisions that weren't even hard to get right that could've pushed us above them.

I don't know why he's not made more of it, Tommy Wright would've had about 3 touchline bans by now.

With Duffy and Devine back I imagine we'll start the game with a back four as usual.  The 5-3-2ish thing we started with last Friday didn't work at all.  Myself and the people round me when the game started were trying to work out what we were playing and I thought it was a 4-4-2 diamond with Welsh at the base and Doran as the 10 but as it went on it became clearer that Welsh was in centre-back but I'm still not sure where Doran was meant to be playing.  I do kind of understand Dodds' thinking - our defence was depleted and slotting Welsh in there added more protection and meant we had a more natural ball player in there.  It didn't work and the back five just allowed St Johnstone to come at us.  It wasn't the game to be throwing Hyde in from the start either.  I think this was a case of Dodds overthinking and when he put it right with the subs in the second half we were ten times better.

I hope Allardice can start tonight - his introduction on Friday just solidified the midfield and if he's fit enough to start, his inclusion would be a massive boost.  This is probably one of our most important games ever.  If MacGregor has any chance I'd like to see him on the bench as well.  Even if we can only get a short boost out of him, it could make all the difference.

44 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Who cares how it looks on TV?  

Plenty of people I would imagine, not overly bothered but surely it's better to see a full stand than a 2/3rds full one. 

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

On the plus side you'll sound louder on TV as it's only sweetie rustlers for Saints on that side.

I might still be in the Main Stand tbf, should get a phonecall today clarifying.

See reports the Bear might be in the squad for this.

Should provide more off the bench than May or Ciftci if we're needing to chase a goal, you'd think, so that's a boost.

51 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The decisions we've faced this season have been farcical. If refs do their job then we likely draw with Aberdeen in Perth and beat them at Pittodrie. Two decisions that weren't even hard to get right that could've pushed us above them.

I don't know why he's not made more of it, Tommy Wright would've had about 3 touchline bans by now.

That's what happens to teams at the bottom of the league. Those decisions that you'd normally just mump and moan about during the game become that much more important and feel like a devastating blow. It's nothing to do with the reason you're where you are though.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

That's what happens to teams at the bottom of the league. Those decisions that you'd normally just mump and moan about during the game become that much more important and feel like a devastating blow. It's nothing to do with the reason you're where you are though.

Can't disagree with that.  We're where we deserve to be.