SJFC 🔵 ⚪ v 🔵 🔴 ICTFC. Playoff Final.

17 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

We battered Inverness for 60 minutes, whether it was down to our good play, Caley’s poor set up, or a combination of both. 

We had 24 shots to ICT’s 6.  Our problem was finishing them, not so much creating them. We should have been 4-0 up at HT, 6-0 after an hour!

Even when you made the subs we were the more dangerous team, soaking up pressure and opening up Inverness on the counter.

The wrong change by our manager, followed by a refereeing mistake, got Inverness back in the game as much as anything else.  Up until then, Inverness hadn’t looked that close to scoring as far as I recall.

From thereon, fair play, we panicked and Inverness took control. They were two great goals to level the tie, and Inverness finished the stronger as we didn’t cope well at all.

Thats why it was such a great night for Inverness. The tie should be dead and buried yet it’s level.  All to play for now, should be a tense battle, feels 50:50 who wins it from here.
Penalties wouldn’t be the biggest shock in the world.

For shots to count, they really needed to be on target and most of yours were not. For all your dominance, few clear cut chances created, still think you lack a consisted goal scorer which we do have so its all set up for Monday. 

12 minutes ago, Huisdean50 said:

For shots to count, they really needed to be on target and most of yours were not. For all your dominance, few clear cut chances created, still think you lack a consisted goal scorer which we do have so its all set up for Monday. 

Not sure what consistent goal scorer we have? Sutherland was our top scorer and he finished on 10 league goals. McKay scored 9 in the league. An average of a goal 1 every 3 games (almost). It’s not bad but it’s not consistent.

Not sure what consistent goal scorer we have? Sutherland was our top scorer and he finished on 10 league goals. McKay scored 9 in the league. An average of a goal 1 every 3 games (almost). It’s not bad but it’s not consistent.

It’s complete nonsense considering we have Callum Hendry who’s scored 8 goals in less than half a season too.

14 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

It’s complete nonsense considering we have Callum Hendry who’s scored 8 goals in less than half a season too.

Aye that’s true. We more have a group of 4 or 5 players who will all chip in with goals rather than have one out and out scorer. Arguably that could be a better thing, plus if McKay does get a couple of chances I’d always fancy him to stick one away.

9 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I know Caley Thistle keep secrets more closely guarded than Bohemian Grove but I take it there’s no chance of Sutherland or Walsh making it tomorrow?

Sutherland is out for a long time. Cruciate is done in his knee.

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

I know Caley Thistle keep secrets more closely guarded than Bohemian Grove but I take it there’s no chance of Sutherland or Walsh making it tomorrow?

Walsh was still on crutches on Friday 

A shame that the North Stand wasn't allowed to fill up first and then the overflow of that into the main stand, looks as if that end would have been full if that had been the case! Just from the point of view of how it'll look on TV. 

The clubs who finished in the relegation playoff spots in the SPFL have so far all been relegated.

Furthermore, ourselves and Dumbarton drew the first leg as well.

20 minutes ago, Kieran said:

A shame that the North Stand wasn't allowed to fill up first and then the overflow of that into the main stand, looks as if that end would have been full if that had been the case! Just from the point of view of how it'll look on TV. 

Agreed. Would’ve been better from an atmosphere perspective as well but they probably didn’t want to have to open an additional stand if they didn’t need to.

21 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Agreed. Would’ve been better from an atmosphere perspective as well but they probably didn’t want to have to open an additional stand if they didn’t need to.

The North Stand was opened at the same time as the main stand allocation so it can’t have been anything to do with that.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/3320544/st-johnstone-play-off-callum-davidson-bobby-madden-inverness/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

I can understand being annoyed about refs and decisions in the heat of the moment after a game, but to still be going on about it two days later…

I can also get moaning about decisions like Jenks grabbing the ball out of the air with his hand and tucking it away in the last minute or the penalties given against us for clear dives in games we were winning/drawing (normally against Hibs.)

But these ones.. Samuels is offside, but by about an inch or two. This happens sometimes either way if you don’t have VAR. That inch advantage isn’t why Inverness scored.

IMG_2685.thumb.jpg.e896e95c42150be0a0c9e0a1fdc9110e.jpg

And the head knock thing. In the letter of the law it should have been stopped. But that rule was (correctly) introduced to protect players so they aren’t lying on the deck with concussion while the game continues because it’s down to the team on the ball to put it out. I’m sure someone will correct me if that’s wrong. Jamie McCart lost a header and stayed down and then Inverness scored about five seconds later. If he hadn’t taken the head knock, i doubt he would have been able to get back into position to prevent the goal (different argument if you’re trying to say it’s a foul, I disagree.) The ref should have stopped it but the rule is there to protect players who might have concussion, not Callum Davidson’s job.

Also worth saying McCart was fine and continued as normal rest of the game. The goal shouldn’t have counted by letter of the law and the game should have stopped - but it’s not like we were cheated out of it, as Davidson would have you believe a whole 48 hours later. I’m afraid it’s pathetic to still be blaming those incidents for your team chucking a two goal lead in the last half-an-hour against a depleted championship side.

35 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

That guy's gimmick winds me up even more than some of the mooks in the Ross County thread. Genuinely have no idea what people like that get out of supporting a football team

1 hour ago, Zamora Fan said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/3320544/st-johnstone-play-off-callum-davidson-bobby-madden-inverness/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

I can understand being annoyed about refs and decisions in the heat of the moment after a game, but to still be going on about it two days later…

I can also get moaning about decisions like Jenks grabbing the ball out of the air with his hand and tucking it away in the last minute or the penalties given against us for clear dives in games we were winning/drawing (normally against Hibs.)

But these ones.. Samuels is offside, but by about an inch or two. This happens sometimes either way if you don’t have VAR. That inch advantage isn’t why Inverness scored.

IMG_2685.thumb.jpg.e896e95c42150be0a0c9e0a1fdc9110e.jpg

And the head knock thing. In the letter of the law it should have been stopped. But that rule was (correctly) introduced to protect players so they aren’t lying on the deck with concussion while the game continues because it’s down to the team on the ball to put it out. I’m sure someone will correct me if that’s wrong. Jamie McCart lost a header and stayed down and then Inverness scored about five seconds later. If he hadn’t taken the head knock, i doubt he would have been able to get back into position to prevent the goal (different argument if you’re trying to say it’s a foul, I disagree.) The ref should have stopped it but the rule is there to protect players who might have concussion, not Callum Davidson’s job.

Also worth saying McCart was fine and continued as normal rest of the game. The goal shouldn’t have counted by letter of the law and the game should have stopped - but it’s not like we were cheated out of it, as Davidson would have you believe a whole 48 hours later. I’m afraid it’s pathetic to still be blaming those incidents for your team chucking a two goal lead in the last half-an-hour against a depleted championship side.

Managers do this all the time leading up to the next game, hoping it'll have some influence on the officials evening it out, or at least weighing on their minds enough to give St Johnstone a break or two in refereeing decisions. It'll be all mind games.

2 hours ago, Zamora Fan said:

Just masochistically read another article by the same PR company linked within that one which suggested that Davidson's subs were a stroke of genius actually, because now he knows his team for today. Laughable. 

59 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Just masochistically read another article by the same PR company linked within that one which suggested that Davidson's subs were a stroke of genius actually, because now he knows his team for today. Laughable. 

Yep Davidson is an evil genius keeping the match alive for the 2nd leg, thinking of the away gate money you'll get from ICT fans thinking they can now go onto win it.

That guy's gimmick winds me up even more than some of the mooks in the Ross County thread. Genuinely have no idea what people like that get out of supporting a football team

The level of condescension from Kingsmills’ post is incredible. People only remember the Hibs fans on the pitch when they won the Scottish Cup - what a load of rubbish.