SJFC 🔵 ⚪ v 🔵 🔴 ICTFC. Playoff Final.

14 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I think it's quite surprising. :lol:

It shouldn't be, we scored 9 home goals in the league last season and last our best goalscorer over the Summer.

Edited by RandomGuy.

35 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Before I select a side to cheer on : Inverness fans, what flavour pies does your kiosk sell during game day? 

If it helps, Billy Dodds does look rather fetching in his staunch shoes.

26 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I think it's quite surprising.  I just looked back to find the last time a team scored so few goals, it was St Mirren in the Covid season.  Before that it was St Johnstone again when you get relegated 20 years ago.  The last time a team scored fewer than 24 goals was in 1991/92 when Dunfermline got relegated scoring 22 goals, in 44 games as well.

You were maybe only looking at the bottom echelons but, incredibly, we finished eighth in 2010/11 scoring only 23 goals. 

From memory though that was more down to missing chances etc... but even the 9 home goals mentioned by @RandomGuy. from last season, it wasn't for not getting into the right areas.

This team though, they struggle to even get men into the final third. We are torture to watch.

Our form since January should be cause for slight optimism but the bigger picture of envisaging watching more of this style of football next season tempers that massively.

Aye, Inverness fans surprised about our lack of scoring prowess haven’t been paying attention.

That 9 league goals in our 19 home games we scored last season mentioned above is said to be the lowest home goals total in the history of Scottish football by anyone.

Winning two cups covered a few issues. Strange season.  Whereas this one has just been dugshite.  We are the perfect team for, let’s be honest, a brutally untalented Inverness team to be facing.  You have a great chance of going up.

Is St Johnstone's tactics tonight likely to be their 3-4-3?  If so, I wonder if 4-3-3 is the best option for us.  Three across the middle in midfield and three strikers against their three centre-backs seems to be, in theory, a way of getting a hold of the game.  Heard on the podcast someone speculating that Austin Samuels would start on the wing.  No thanks.

I've been to McDiarmid 3 times and 2 of those games didn't involve the Super Js -

03/04 Challenge Cup final v Airdrie (W 2-0)

10/11 SPL v St Johnstone (L 1-0)

17/18 Challenge Cup final v Dumbarton (W 1-0)

Was too hungover to go to the 09/10 Challenge Cup final defeat v Dundee.

3 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Is St Johnstone's tactics tonight likely to be their 3-4-3?  

It'll be the same 5-3-2 we always play.

With 90% of our passes being McCart punting a long diagonal to Rooneys head.

46 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Yeah, I can't remember any incidents from the last fifteen years from our games v St Johnstone. Though we did batter Dumbarton at McDiarmid to famously lift the Irn Bru Cup in 2018.

Funniest part of that game was some Dumbarton fans letting off a Pyro/Smoke bomb when Vigurs had his penalty saved cause there was literally 0 other things for them to cheer about in that game 😂

I know some of the seats could belong to unclaimed season ticket holders but it looks like the seats available in the covered section of the Main Stand are nearly in the single figures.  Some gone in the wings as well.  North Stand looks about three-quarters full.  Sections E and H are totally sold out in the away end. 

16 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

To be fair to them, they're not the ones doing that.

When did caley pick up all the roasters?  They never used to be like this.

What happened to the guid honest inversnecky laddies like this loon..

He'd be far better crack than the rest of you.

That's not an Invernesian accent ou utter neep.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I think it's quite surprising.  I just looked back to find the last time a team scored so few goals, it was St Mirren in the Covid season.  Before that it was St Johnstone again when you get relegated 20 years ago.  The last time a team scored fewer than 24 goals was in 1991/92 when Dunfermline got relegated scoring 22 goals, in 44 games as well.

You'll probably beat us 4-0 tonight, just watch :lol:

Sure we scored 23 in 10/11 and still finished eighth. Thrilling. 

2 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

It's the same with the Bonk Machine guy.  I don't think that's an Inverness accent either - sounds more Elgin to me.

Aye he's from Elgin.

5 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

We’re splitting hairs here really. All terrible accents.

The Crown/Millburn accent is a beautiful, lyrical accent.  The accent from the suburbs and across the river are a different matter.