SJFC 🔵 ⚪ v 🔵 🔴 ICTFC. Playoff Final.

Absolutely should be going out to win this one. Said it previously, but letting it all boil down to a one off 90 minute ‘cup tie’ leaves us open to a loss from a poor decision, defensive mistake, player being sent off etc. 

I’m not sure we will, but we have to be playing high tempo looking for the win tonight.

How will The Caley be lining up tonight?  Defensively I think the team picks itself - same as Arbroath but with Harper coming in at left-back and Deas moving into the middle to replace Devine.  Central midfield will be McAlear and Welsh.  Billy Mckay will play on his own up front but the '3' in midfield are the question.  Will we play Samuels in there on the right, will Doran or Chalmers play in the central '10' position?  I'd think they'd want Chalmers to exploit any space left by Rooney.  Maybe we'll change our shape and play two up front against St Johnstone with a back three - Samuels and Mckay are the only real choice there but that could leave us exposed in the middle of the park.

Chalmers has been something of a non entity if he plays as a 10. Far better to keep him wide. Doran has been much better when playing there (e.g. Ayr away) so I would prefer to see him start in that position if that's who we are choosing between.

I cannot believe that Saint Johnstone scored a mere 24 goals this season. Even when we were relegated under Foran we managed to bag 44 goals.

4 minutes ago, RiG said:

I cannot believe that Saint Johnstone scored a mere 24 goals this season. Even when we were relegated under Foran we managed to bag 44 goals.

Teams were far better then IMO, even just 5 years ago.

I didn't realise that they'd scored so few goals.  Their leading goalscorer this season is Callum Hendry, who didn't play for them until the end of January.  They have failed to score in nearly half their matches (22 of 46).

Callum Hendry was on loan to Kilmarnock but didn't play in any of their games against us during his time there.

I didn't know until 0 minutes ago that Callum was Colin Hendry's son.

Edited by ICTChris

18 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Teams were far better then IMO, even just 5 years ago.

Our relegation dream team featuring Billy King, Henri Anier, Dean Ebbe and Larnell Cole would demolish any team in the current Scottish Premiership, probably the English Premiership too.

37 minutes ago, RiG said:

18 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I didn't realise that they'd scored so few goals.  Their leading goalscorer this season is Callum Hendry, who didn't play for them until the end of January.  They have failed to score in nearly half their matches (22 of 46).

Callum Hendry was on loan to Kilmarnock but didn't play in any of their games against us during his time there.

I didn't know until 0 minutes ago that Callum was Colin Hendry's son.

We're shite this season lads. It's no accident we're where we find ourselves.

If folk thought we were defensive under McInnes then Tommy just wait till you witness this display of stunning negativity.

We haven't won at McDairmid since 2014 when Gary Warren scored the only goal.  I think I must've been at that game but I have absolutely no memory of it.

Not many great memories for us in Perth.  My favourite game there was our first ever win when Steve Hislop burst the ball scoring the winner in 2003.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Before I select a side to cheer on : Inverness fans, what flavour pies does your kiosk sell during game day? 

C'mon m9! You know we have the best pies. 

And you can't cheer on Dodds either.

57 minutes ago, RiG said:

It’s stats like this that make all the crying Arbroath/Kilmarnock fans telling us St Johnstone will ‘hammer’ us all the funnier.

21 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

We're shite this season lads. It's no accident we're where we find ourselves.

I think it's quite surprising.  I just looked back to find the last time a team scored so few goals, it was St Mirren in the Covid season.  Before that it was St Johnstone again when you get relegated 20 years ago.  The last time a team scored fewer than 24 goals was in 1991/92 when Dunfermline got relegated scoring 22 goals, in 44 games as well.

You'll probably beat us 4-0 tonight, just watch :lol:

Edited by ICTChris

12 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

We haven't won at McDairmid since 2014 when Gary Warren scored the only goal.  I think I must've been at that game but I have absolutely no memory of it.

Not many great memories for us in Perth.  My favourite game there was our first ever win when Steve Hislop burst the ball scoring the winner in 2003.

Yeah, I can't remember any incidents from the last fifteen years from our games v St Johnstone. Though we did batter Dumbarton at McDiarmid to famously lift the Irn Bru Cup in 2018.