SJFC 🔵 ⚪ v 🔵 🔴 ICTFC. Playoff Final.

1 hour ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Yep. Fans of The Caley have finally started to recognise the worth of our club and our city, and are revelling in our newfound self-confidence. This will be emphasised when Section 94 reduce Shaun Rooney to a cowering husk tomorrow evening.

Roondog cowers to no man.

Not looking forward to this, at all, but still deluding myself into thinking the high intensity St Johnstone will reappear for this game simply because of how important it is.

Getting your hopes up before a game one of the best and worst parts of being a football fan.

Sounds like we have another couple of "doubts" for this too.

Out - Callum Booth, Tony Gallacher, Craig Bryson, David Wotherspoon, Chris Kane, Theo Bair

Returning from knocks so maybe doubts - Liam Gordon, Ali Crawford, Cammy MacPherson, Michael O'Halloran, Stevie May

Dont know if those he's on about are from the second list or on top of that.

Accepting that the shape will be the shape and admitting that it probably would be counterproductive to change it now given they are never coached any other way...

Clark

Cleary - Gordon - McCart 

Rooney - Hallberg - Butterfield - Davidson - Booth (Brown) 

Hendry - Middleton

21 minutes ago, Radford said:

Accepting that the shape will be the shape and admitting that it probably would be counterproductive to change it now given they are never coached any other way...

Clark

Cleary - Gordon - McCart 

Rooney - Hallberg - Butterfield - Davidson - Booth (Brown) 

Hendry - Middleton

If all are fit that's exactly the way I think he'll line up. 

I've accepted he's playing MacPherson ahead of Butterfield and I am spending 4 hours on the A9 to watch that. 

Can only hope that against the recent 'big game' performance run we turn up for this and don't put in another first half like Dundee away...

On 18/05/2022 at 12:21, RiG said:

Devine appeal rejected so we've released a bit of a minter of a statement to commemorate the news. 

Definitely lacking exclamation marks and angry emoji.  Thus I am not sure they really conveyed their sense of outrage about this!!!

5 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Don’t piss me off before I start work, please I beg you.

I'm just guessing tbf, but I'm convinced he'll start MacPherson because he'll see this as a big game where he'd be relying on McCann...

3 minutes ago, killiekranky said:

0-0 Thriller written all over it.

"Job done, proud of the effort of the boys and it gives us a chance now of staying in the league"

7 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Can't believe they didn't cancel you for going rogue ;)

I've not been able to get my season ticket seats yet due to an "error" so maybe they have 😂

Trying to shitfest a goalless draw tonight would be different if we had actually shown ourselves capable of keeping a clean sheet.

Since Zander Clark's heroics at Tannadice, it's one away clean sheet in 14 games, at Easter Road, another game where we showed a stunning lack of ambition against a blunt Hibernian side, despite having 2,000 fans there yearning for something to get behind. 

Indeed, we've conceded more than once in half of those games and the goals scored column (5 from open play) show it wasn't because we were going gung-ho. 

This isn't about being negative. It's about trying to articulate that we should have been trying something different long before this stage, where you have to concede it would be a gamble, given we are welded into one style and system. 

If the cry is be positive, then I'm all ears...