SJFC 🔵 ⚪ v 🔵 🔴 ICTFC. Playoff Final.

Devine appeal rejected so we've released a bit of a minter of a statement to commemorate the news. 

Thats quite a statement.

"We once again will be made to suffer in our efforts to get promotion" A real pick-me-up for the players left.

Fucking embarrassing statement. It was never getting overturned, they can’t undermine Collum 3 days before he does the cup final. 

9 minutes ago, RiG said:

Devine appeal rejected so we've released a bit of a minter of a statement to commemorate the news. 

I think Devine's red should have been overturned.  But that statement  - fucking hell.  Did they ask Sevco to write it for them?

Just now, PauloPerth said:

“Astonished”

”incredible red card” 

“universal condemnation”

”once again made to suffer in our efforts to gain promotion” 

cringe GIF

I think you will find it was actually "widespread universal condemnation". Please don't minimise our plight

1 minute ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

I think you will find it was actually "widespread universal condemnation". Please don't minimise our plight

That’s just wasteful language. 

I mean, surely “universal” does suggest it was fairly widespread?!

I suppose the more emphatic words he throws at it, the more he emphasises his point!

Scottish football has definitely got more enjoyable since we all started lobbing statements around with the self-possession of aggrieved WAGs.  Wonderful stuff - although for full marks there needs to be more of an overt insinuation of historical institutional bias, it's definitely a very good effort.

8/10.

It's only 'astonishing' to someone who can't see, or doesn't know the laws of the game. It was a clear foul, whether it was a yellow or red is debatable as a lot of 'goalscoring opportunity' decisions are, but it's perfectly justifiable to say that's a red card. It's certainly not astonishing.

I think Michael Stewart's hysterics on commentary have swayed a lot of opinions towards it.