SJFC 🔵 ⚪ v 🔵 🔴 ICTFC. Playoff Final.

6 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Also, given that penalties is a fairly likely outcome, just imagine putting Liam Craig in the position of having to take, and miss, the penalty that relegates us? That's just not fair. 

Completely get where you’re coming from but, aside from Hendry, he’s the only player in the squad I’d want anywhere near a penalty in a shootout that could see us relegated

19 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Imagine... Crawford or MacPherson on that final pen 🤣

If i was you i'd be contacting Ipswich and trying to get Hladky in on an emergency loan, just in case.

52 minutes ago, mizfit said:

He’s gonna pull out the Ronaldo “SIIIIIUUUU” when he inevitably pulls one of isn’t he?

He's arrogant/twatty enough to check social media so he's 100% cupping his ears or shushing whenever he scores his first goal.

He's arrogant/twatty enough to check social media so he's 100% cupping his ears or shushing whenever he scores his first goal.

Perfect, I’ll let him know my season ticket number and he can come do it in my face.

If the choice just is Butterfield or MacPherson, the fact you'd opt for the crab that will be getting a free transfer next week says it all about our £50,000 buy that's meant to be here for another two years. 

Agree that the Aberdeen performance should be the clincher but under no illusions that Butterfield isn't ideal. His efforts to close down McGinn ahead of the cross for the second goal in Sunday were pathetic.

Next one, May or Middleton?

25 minutes ago, Radford said:

If the choice just is Butterfield or MacPherson, the fact you'd opt for the crab that will be getting a free transfer next week says it all about our £50,000 buy that's meant to be here for another two years. 

Agree that the Aberdeen performance should be the clincher but under no illusions that Butterfield isn't ideal. His efforts to close down McGinn ahead of the cross for the second goal in Sunday were pathetic.

Middleton has played himself in to a start by virtue of the fact he was the only person on Sunday actually attempting to create anything and all our best moves involved him. He's also the only one willing to run in behind a defence and I just think he's only going to need 1 moment against Broadfoot where he's squared up to go past him. It should be the same team as against Aberdeen without a doubt for me.

Middleton needed that on Sunday. Last time we went to Easter Road, he played 59 minutes and touched the ball five times and three of those with his head.

You could get frustrated at how deep he was dropping at times at the weekend but that has to be preferable to a nothing performance. 

He plays up a bit with the huffiness and I won't be that sorry to see the back of him (although the fact he's never been played in his strongest position this season would understandably drive anyone mad) but I wouldn't be worried about him starting these games now at least. 

That last part applies to Stevie May as well but you just don't see where a goal is coming from him and in a team where there aren't many goals, that obviously isn't ideal.

42 minutes ago, Radford said:

My view is that May is still a very decent footballer, is strong, fit and committed and has even looked a wee bit quicker this year, although that might be my imagination. He even seems willing to take a shot on occasionally. I think his big issue, like so many, is our system of banging long diagonals. Not only is he mostly on the wrong side of the park, but he is incapable of winning a header against a defender. Or anyone. So he continually gambles and runs behind them which everyone knows and it never, ever works. We can't win second balls with May and he won't get in behind, but he's a clever player with the ball at his feet and my suspicion is he'd work well with Hallberg more central and higher up. 

Middleton flatters to deceive as a starter but he does have the ability and pace and goal-hunger. With both him and Hendry I think they've both been a touch too greedy in recent games, which is understandable as they are both trying to boost their value. On balance I think he has more to play for than May. 

TLDR: Middleton

I don't see why it needs to be Middleton or May, as in my mind when you're playing with a right footer at left back you ideally want a left footer in front of them for balance.

But yeah, that would require changing shape so I doubt it'll happen.

Even Middleton at LWB might work, but that would mean Brown missing out and a more attacking looking defence, and that won't happen either.

15 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

We’ve appealed the red card given Danny Devine on Friday night. Still not seen it back but I’m not hopeful 

Thing is that since Collum first appeared he has been a disaster, multiple complaints and appeals over his questionable decisions which the ruling bodiy must be sick of and yet have to defend him.

The sooner we get VAR in the sooner we will be rid of the likes of Collum. 

I reckon it’s pretty unlikely we see it overturned, so we’re looking at a back 4 of Carson, Broadfoot, Deas and Harper. I can’t claim to know who plays on the right for St Johnstone, but I’m willing to bet that the guy who played there 50 years ago would still ragdoll Harper.

Middleton has contributed a fair bit since January and I think works relatively well with Hendry up top.

Since Kelty, Middleton has:

Set up the winner at Livingston (off the bench)

Won the penalty in Paisley

The run and shot which led to Hendry’s goal at Pittrodie

What the kids call a secondary assist against Hearts at home

The goal against Livi (off the bench)

And the assist for Hendry against Aberdeen.

That’s almost half of our goals (6 of 13) in that time - aside from Hendry and maybe Rooney can you make an argument for anyone else being more responsible for our relative upturn in form since then? He’d probably have a few more goals if any of our shitebag midfielders had a go at trying to play him when he runs in behind too, rather than choosing the safe option every single time.

Has to be Middleton with Hendry on Friday. I would have Butterfield over MacPherson too. I have no idea what the manager and Eric Nicholson see when it comes to the latter and to type out any more on him would ruin my morning so I’ll leave it there.

12 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

I reckon it’s pretty unlikely we see it overturned, so we’re looking at a back 4 of Carson, Broadfoot, Deas and Harper. I can’t claim to know who plays on the right for St Johnstone, but I’m willing to bet that the guy who played there 50 years ago would still ragdoll Harper.

That guy would be Shaun Rooney...

14 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

Right side is our only route to goal. Rooney and Hallberg on that side usually and virtually all our goals come from there, so maybe we do stand a chance.

You don't need to worry about the left side, we'll never have the ball there.

15 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

He’d probably have a few more goals if any of our shitebag midfielders had a go at trying to play him when he runs in behind too, rather than choosing the safe option every single time.

The more central attacking version Hallberg might be the solution to that. 

Middleton has looked really lively the last 3 games, has to be him with Hendry.

My hope is we do something we've been very poor at recently, and take the game to Inverness from the first whistle.  We've been far too passive at the start of matches and allowed teams to settle into their game easily.