SJFC πŸ”΅ βšͺ v πŸ”΅ πŸ”΄ ICTFC. Playoff Final.

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Launching yourself off the ground, studs up, into a tackle is always bringing a card, it doesn't matter if he gets the ball or not.

What?Β 

Hopefully we can somehow scrape through but what was a proud away record is now long gone. Ironically, our home form has picked up but we need to get through this away leg first.

We absolutely scabbed a couple of 1-0s at Pittodrie and Tannadice back in the autumn (the latter could easily have been a heavy defeat but for Zander Clark) but since then our record is 1 win, 4 draws, 9 defeats in 14 games.

We've failed to score in 8 of the games with a total of just 7 goals. We've scored more than once in just a single game when Ali Crawford scored a last gasp winner at Livingston in about the only genuinely good performance we've produced in about half-a-year.

We've conceded 28 goals, keeping one clean sheet in a goalless draw. In short, we concede 2 goals a game and only score every second game ourselves.

I see Inverness are 1 defeat in 12 games and their current home form is 5 wins, 1 draw, 12 goals scored, 1 conceded.Β 

And folk are genuinely telling me St Johnstone are in any way favourites for this game on Friday? If this was a Scottish Cup tie, the whole world would have "upset" written all over it.Β 

7 minutes ago, Radford said:

Hopefully we can somehow scrape through but what was a proud away record is now long gone. Ironically, our home form has picked up but we need to get through this away leg first.

We absolutely scabbed a couple of 1-0s at Pittodrie and Tannadice back in the autumn (the latter could easily have been a heavy defeat but for Zander Clark) but since then our record is 1 win, 4 draws, 9 defeats in 14 games.

We've failed to score in 8 of the games with a total of just 7 goals. We've scored more than once in just a single game when Ali Crawford scored a last gasp winner at Livingston in about the only genuinely good performance we've produced in about half-a-year.

We've conceded 28 goals, keeping one clean sheet in a goalless draw. In short, we concede 2 goals a game and only score every second game ourselves.

I see Inverness are 1 defeat in 12 games and their current home form is 5 wins, 1 draw, 12 goals scored, 1 conceded.Β 

And folk are genuinely telling me St Johnstone are in any way favourites for this game on Friday? If this was a Scottish Cup tie, the whole world would have "upset" written all over it.Β 

If it wasn't for Caley's injury/suspension-hit squad, I'd agree with you. But I think you'll have enough to scrape a draw then edge them in Perth.Β 

That said, losing 4-0 to a manageress Hibs team chasing... (checks notes)... 8th place is some laugh, though. Resting/relaxing players, if that's what you were doing, is absolutely insane management when momentum is so critical. And if you weren't holding something back for the playoffs, and are actually that bad, then yeah, ok, you may have a point.

9 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Resting/relaxing players, if that's what you were doing, is absolutely insane management when momentum is so critical.

Tbf we've had hellish amounts of injuries this season resting folk like Clark, Hallberg and Hendry made sense, momentum is useless for us as we don't string two good performances together anyway.

We'll certainly need to scrape that draw. And whilst I'm not sure if Davidson does actually set out aiming for a goalless bore, the way he lines his team up certainly increases the chances of the St Johnstone nil part.

I fear for us if we are behind. We've managed THREE equalisers all season: one a set piece against the bottom team in the league, one a massive deflection from a hopeful shot from about 30 yards that wrong-footed the keeper and one against a Motherwell side who, I think, managed their ONLY first half goal away from home against us, so were probably in shock.

The idea that Saints might need to chase this tie should be terrifying.

IMO anyone that thinks we are favourites for this is basing it off our recent history in the league. But we are a million miles away from that team.Β 

This isn't St Johnstone having a bad season. This is a dreadful St Johnstone side put together by a poor manager who has been found out by the rest of the league.Β 

If it wasn't for Dundee then we'd have been comfortably last.

ICT will win in Inverness and at least draw in Perth.

19 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

IMO anyone that thinks we are favourites for this is basing it off our recent history in the league. But we are a million miles away from that team.Β 

This isn't St Johnstone having a bad season. This is a dreadful St Johnstone side put together by a poor manager who has been found out by the rest of the league.Β 

If it wasn't for Dundee then we'd have been comfortably last.

ICT will win in Inverness and at least draw in Perth.

Good.

I like a trip to Perth. Not so keen on Inverness and our record against them is appalling.

16 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

This nails it, really. We're worse than the Kilmarnock side relegated last season IMO and are absolutely carried by Rooney and Hendry.

This fixture really hinges on ICT. They play well and take their chances then they'll win.

As an interested neutral who is attending on Friday night I think Callum Hendry can be the difference between the sides over the two matches. The match up between him and Broadfoot will be fascinating. First goal in the tie will also be pivotal I feel.Β 

31 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Saints will trounce these inbreds.

You know fine well Mr Motivater is currently telling the squad that all that matters is staying in the tie for the second leg so keeping a clean sheet is more important than scoring.

I fear a turgid borefest going on recent games and little Willy Collums decimation of the ICT squad.Β 

Would probably go for an ICT victory in the faint hope we could pick up Hendry in the going down sale.

3 minutes ago, killiekranky said:

I fear a turgid borefest going on recent games and little Willy Collums decimation of the ICT squad.Β 

Would probably go for an ICT victory in the faint hope we could pick up Hendry in the going down sale.

Hendry is out of contract and almost certainly away regardless.

1 hour ago, killiekranky said:

Callum has several offers from England,so he’ll not be up hereΒ 

I don't actually know who we've got in terms of filling the bench.Β  I think a few of the young players are ineligible due to being out on loan.Β  Really is the bare bones.Β Β