SJFC πŸ”΅ βšͺ v πŸ”΅ πŸ”΄ ICTFC. Playoff Final.

3 minutes ago, coprolite said:

No real good guys, no real bad guys here. Johnnies should be significantly better over two legs.Β 

All feels a bit anticlimactic. Hopefully some brutality, diving or refereeing insanity will liven it up.Β 

I’m happy with the anti climax. I suspect the neutrals wanted Arbroath/killie to send Aberdeen down.Β 

Narey's Toe Poke on Twitter has pointed out that for this game we have around 14 players available.Β  With Devine and Duffy suspended and Sutherland likely injured we are down to

GK - Ridgers, Mackay

DF - Carson, Broadfoot, Deas, Harper

MF - Welsh, McAlear, Hyde, Allardice*, Chalmers, Doran.

FW - Mackay, Samuels, Hardy

* Allardice is returning from injury himself and has only played one minute of football since January.

I had forgotten that Walsh injured himself in the Partick first leg.Β Β 

We'll probably have to fill the bench with 17 year olds.Β Β 

6 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Narey's Toe Poke on Twitter has pointed out that for this game we have around 14 players available.Β  With Devine and Duffy suspended and Sutherland likely injured we are down to

GK - Ridgers, Mackay

* Allardice is returning from injury himself and has only played one minute of football since January.

There must be a chance that Devine's red card will be overturned on appeal?Β 

Gonna nail my colours to the mast here. The sheer hilarity of seeing St Johnstone go down would outweigh my discomfort at seeing Kirk Broadfoot in a good mood.

Sadly, based on last night, I can't see ICT laying a glove on St Johnstone. Pointless goalless draw in the Highlands, Farmers to win 2-0 at their place.

This is a strange one. Obviously I want us to win the tie 8-0 on aggregate but it’s a shame that if we win it’s St Johnstone we will relegate and not some loser club like Dundee or Ross County.

I work with a St Johnstone fan and he’s sound as fuck.

Β 

Blast from the past.

A few of the players in that team had sons who went on to play for ICT - Charlie Christie set up Iain Polworth for the equaliser, Ryan and Liam both won the Scottish Cup in 2015 for us.Β  I'm sure Wilson Robertson's son was on our books as a youth player, I think Mark McRitchie's might have been as well.

Edited by ICTChris

34 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

GK - Ridgers, Mackay

Do you have any promising kids? What a fairytale if one of them made their debut and put in a man of the match performance. Sometimes a cometh the hour - cometh the man.

11 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

A rare oversight by myself.Β 

I've always disliked St Johnstone; imagine being named after a religious figure. Proper dark ages stuff.

Well it was really after our old city name of St Johns Toun so yer partly correctΒ 

7 minutes ago, chips said:

Well it was really after our old city name of St Johns Toun so yer partly correctΒ 

We’re named after a religious figure. Mirin. Apparently when he came out of Paisley Abbey for any reason, the locals gathered and shouted at him β€˜Fcuking booo! Get it sorted Mirin. This is pish. Booooo!’

Edited by pozbaird

Said it already, this is St Johnstone's most successful team in their history, with their most successful manager in their history at the helm.

It would be nothing but pure, unadulterated, abject humiliation if St Johnstone don't easily see off Inverness and that's before you factor in Caley's suspension and injuries.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I’d assume that we’ll continue with McAlear and Welsh anchoring the midfield. As for in front of them, Sutherland potentially missing is a blow, if that’s confirmed. We have decent options there with Doran, Walsh, Chalmers etc but are these the guys to best a top flight team?Β 

Walsh picked up injury against Partick and seen him on crutches last night so doubt he’ll make itΒ 

Edited by Central Belt Caley
Read further and seen you had clocked about Walsh

1 minute ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Walsh picked up injury against Partick and seen him on crutches last night so doubt he’ll make itΒ 

Yeah I forgot about that.

51 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

GK - Ridgers, Mackay

I say we try the Stuart Pearce method. Get Cammy Mackay an outfield shirt printed up and chuck him upfrontΒ 

Think we’ll be struggling and might need to bring in some youth players to pad the bench.Β 
Anyone know if Duffy and Devine miss both games or just the one?Β 

45 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

This is a strange one. Obviously I want us to win the tie 8-0 on aggregate but it’s a shame that if we win it’s St Johnstone we will relegate and not some loser club like Dundee or Ross County.

I work with a St Johnstone fan and he’s sound as f**k.

I used to work with a St Johnstone fan and he was a total dick. This, for me, outweighs the fact I think Stuart Cosgrove is a good guy, so I hope ICT win, even though I doubt it will happen.