SJFC 🔵 ⚪ v 🔵 🔴 ICTFC. Playoff Final.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Sure the number has dwindled but there are 5 pubs/clubs within around a mile of the ground, then you have the public bar at the stadium as well. It's not as bad as folk would have you believe.

Been to a bowling club across from a graveyard. Not sure how far that is. 

Not many obvious on the main road from the city centre along the main road that passes the ground.

I've been to The Maltings and The Glover Arms before. Both nice enough but more food orientated than a few prematch pints although they would be happy to oblige. 

Is The Welcome Inn the bar in Letham @RandomGuy.?

Miss the 204 or whatever was called. 

28 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Been to a bowling club across from a graveyard. Not sure how far that is. 

Not many obvious on the main road from the city centre along the main road that passes the ground.

Aye, that's just a bit over a mile as well. The Dogger, also known as the Railway Staff Club.

15 minutes ago, jagfox said:

I've been to The Maltings and The Glover Arms before. Both nice enough but more food orientated than a few prematch pints although they would be happy to oblige. 

Is The Welcome Inn the bar in Letham @RandomGuy.?

Miss the 204 or whatever was called. 

There's the Welcome Inn and 50 metres away from there is the Letham Club.

11 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Aye, that's just a bit over a mile as well. The Dogger, also known as the Railway Staff Club.

I had a nice roll and mince there haha

5 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

A good result for the 'aints today I see

Again, I'm not sure more than 4 of those who started will start the first leg.

The big thing for me is how do we approach this game?  Sutherland must be out and he plays a pivotal role in this 4-4-2.  Devine and Duffy being out is also a massive blow.  I know Saints don't score many goals but I'm not sure how confident I'd be with a back four of Carson-Broadfoot-Deas-Harper (another incidence where our decision not to sign at least one proper full-back this season is a total madness).  If Duffy and especially Devine were available, I'd probably have expected us to go 5-3-2/5-4-1 but who do we put in at centre-back?  Allardice, Hyde and Welsh have all played in there before but I can't see it.

This game could well be one of our most important ever and we're so short of players.  I can't see Sutherland being involved given he was stretchered off on Friday and it sounds like MacGregor won't make it either.  Can we include some of the youths like Lewis Nicolson?  Ryan Esson is still registered as a player,  if there's space on the bench he may as well be included as well - with numbers so short, we'd have nothing to lose by putting him in as well.

Edited by Highland Capital

9 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Duffy being out is also a massive blow. 

Right, that's it. If we fail to win this comfortably then Davidson needs punted in the dressing room after.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Right, that's it. If we fail to win this comfortably then Davidson needs punted in the dressing room after.

Another in the never ending list of players who are shite everywhere but seem to get a switch flicked on in their brain when they sign for The Caley. Your current right back is another example.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Another in the never ending list of players who are shite everywhere but seem to get a switch flicked on in their brain when they sign for The Caley. Your current right back is another example.

Yes, his clownshoe red card for lunging into multiple tackles against Abroath, because his feet are slower than his brain, sure shows how far he's progressed. I suspect if you do beat us and get promoted then you'll see how woeful he is when exposed to a top flight attack.

We’re St Johnstone just going easy in order to avoid injuries and suspensions v Hibs? Makes sense if they were.

Hopefully it gives ICT a wee confidence booster though.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes, his clownshoe red card for lunging into multiple tackles against Abroath, because his feet are slower than his brain, sure shows how far he's progressed. I suspect if you do beat us and get promoted then you'll see how woeful he is when exposed to a top flight attack.

His perfectly timed tackle for the second yellow I presume you’re talking about? I’m afraid you’re not getting to use the bald cunt Willie Collum’s centre of attention performance to prove your point, brother.

For the avoidance of doubt, he won’t be a starter for us in the Premiership if we get promoted. He’s a perfectly solid 2nd tier centre half, however.

38 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

His perfectly timed tackle for the second yellow I presume you’re talking about?

Launching yourself off the ground, studs up, into a tackle is always bringing a card, it doesn't matter if he gets the ball or not.

On 14/05/2022 at 11:36, Sir Tarmo said:

Predicted mainly by posters who tuned in to watch The Caley for the first time last night. We’re not a great team, and we have an absence list longer than the A9 but we’re a better side than we showed playing in the North Sea with 10, 9, 8, 9, 10 and then 9 (again) men last night up against a 12 man Arbroath side spearheaded by Willie Collum.

We’re definitely underdogs but I see no reason why we can’t make the game close and hopefully nick a win. It’s the closest we have come to promotion since coming down, given that the play-offs were scrapped the season we came 2nd.

It'll be the final game that'll really hit your players, 6 games in the play offs is going to be a killer, it was brutal when we just had 4 to play, players playing with injuries and wee niggles, would imagine players will be dropping like flies late 2nd half at Perth with cramp. Hope you guys do it and prove me wrong, will be the first time a team has won the play offs from finishing 3rd and 4th positions, playing the whole 6 games. Good luck.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Launching yourself off the ground, studs up, into a tackle is always bringing a card, it doesn't matter if he gets the ball or not.

He didn't go in studs up, he clearly wins the ball with his toe. Have you actually watched it?

What is the fuckin score with Hibs fourth goal today? the Saints Goalie looked like he's  in slo mo like he's been bitten by a tsetse fly giving him sleeping sickness.

Has that flying squirrel been with you lot all season?

No fuckin wonder you're in the state you're in.

2 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Has that flying squirrel been with you lot all season?

He's the cover goalkeeper who was very literally signed because he lives locally. 

He played a bit at the start of last season and got a bit of stick. I thought that was harsh but I was very wrong. He's hopeless. A goalkeeper that can't use his arms. 

I'll despair if he's at the club next season. 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Top flight attack?

St Johnstone made twats of themselves all season against what turned out to be the bottom six.

Truth be told there is only Celtic and Rangers in 'the top flight' the rest are also rans.

Just now, Radford said:

He's the cover goalkeeper who was very literally signed because he lives locally. 

He played a bit at the start of last season and got a bit of stick. I thought that was harsh but I was very wrong. He's hopeless. A goalkeeper that can't use his arms. 

I'll despair if he's at the club next season. 

St Johnstone are fielding a disabled goalkeeper?

In all honesty that is very admirable and all credit to your management.