Father Ted Quiz

19QOS19

I cancelled a night out in Glasgow so that I could take part in this quiz as I thought the deadline was tonight, so this is disappointing to see. 

I've just saved you £50 and you've had a whale of a time completing this quiz. I await your "Thank you".

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I've just saved you £50 and you've had a whale of a time completing this quiz. I await your "Thank you".

I must admit I did have a good time answering the questions, and although I’ve probably seen every episode about 15 times over I don’t think I’ve even got half right :lol: 

Right guys, all done. I had to mark them twice as I noticed a couple of the questions I had left a bit too vague and obviously you answered accordingly. Sister Gondola one was one of them. A lot of you answered water for breakfast and the ice bath which wasn't technically one of the 10 but I awarded the points anyway as it wasn't made clear!

And sorry guys, Spiderbaby was in Dougal's mind. It wasn't an amusement [emoji14]

1) What is written on Tom's top? - I Shot JR
2) What is the fairground called in episode 1? - Funland
3) What's the name of the film the guys protest? - The Passion of St Tibullus
4) Where do Father Dick Burn and Cyril live? - Rugged Island
5) What music act do they (Dick Burn) come as to the all priest Stars in their Eyes contest? Diana Ross and TWO of The Supremes
6) What is the name of the couple always fighting each other? - John and Mary
7) How does boring Father Stone end up in hospital? - Struck by lightening holding the golf club
8.) What is the one thing Henry Sellars asks for that Ted can't get? - The English papers
9) What does Father McGuire usually wear to bed? - Ireland football top
10) What does Father Jack refer to the rabbits as? - Hairy Japanese b*****ds
11) Who is the hairy baby maker? - Pat Mustard
12) What award does Ted win in the Christmas Special? - Golden Cleric
13) What is Dougal's job at football? - Guard the corner flags

14) Three amusements from the fairground featured in Q2? - Freak pointing, the ladder, whirley go round, bench, the pond of terror, spinning cat, the crane of death, tarot reading, duck startling, hen, the tunnel of goats.

15) The 3 places Ted and Dougal encounter Father Noel Furlong (Graham Norton)? - Caves, Aeroplane and Caravan.

16) What do the guys give up for lent? Cigarettes, Alcohol and Rollerblading.

17) Three things unlucky Father Larry Duff is doing when Ted rings? - Drive off a cliff, knife throwing, held at gunpoint/checkpoint, playing that game, house of cards/stapler, skiiing

18) Three punishments dished out by Sister Gondola as part of the Lenten package? - Dragged along with tractor, chinese burns, coal thrown, shot at, bricks in bed.

19)"(Nuns) are people too!"

20) "I have been brought back from my holiday from California to sort it out. That's where you and (Larry) and (Moe) come in"

21) "Yet again I'm dragged away from my warm fireside to deal with the cast of (Police Academy)"

22) "Don't call me Len, you little (p***k)"

23) "I know ordinarily you wouldn't be able to organise a (Nun shoot) in a (Nunnery)"

24) Father Dunn - Laughter
25) Father Fitzgerald - Voice
26) Father Finnigan - Dancing
27) Father Percil - Boring
28) Father Damo - Whistle

29) How much money does Jack leave in his will? - £500,000
30) How much do Dick and Ted bet for the Stars in their Eyes contest? - £5
31) How much does Ted spend for lenten package? - £50
32) How much do they bet at A Song for Ireland? - £4
33) How much does it cost Ted to bail Mrs Doyle and Jack out of jail? - £200

In reverse order. Player and points. It was out of 43 points in the end up. 8 entrants in total and thanks for entering guys!

8th with 19pts - IrishBhoy

7th with 24pts - BFTD

6th with 26pts - mathematics

5th with 28 1/2pts - coprolite

4th with 31 1/2pts - djchapsticks

3rd with 36pts - Hamish's Passenger

2nd with 38 1/2pts - LoonsYouthTeam

And the winner with a ridiculous score of 42 out of 43 is Florentine_Pogen!

You got every question correct but the two where you received half points were not specifying "2 of" The Supremes and letting me know Father Stone had a club in his hand when struck by lightning. Apologies for being harsh but those two were ones I required you to "Be specific!".

Special mention to coprolite's Lent answer. You got Cigarettes and Rollerblading but never got Alcohol. I don't know why but it tickled me that you never got Jack's one [emoji38]

Thanks again to those who entered. I did enjoy writing the questions.

Well Done Florentine_Pogen!!

57 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

1) What is written on Tom's top? - I Shot JR
2) What is the fairground called in episode 1? - Funland
3) What's the name of the film the guys protest? - The Passion of St Tibullus
4) Where do Father Dick Burn and Cyril live? - Rugged Island
5) What music act do they (Dick Burn) come as to the all priest Stars in their Eyes contest? Diana Ross and TWO of The Supremes
6) What is the name of the couple always fighting each other? - John and Mary
7) How does boring Father Stone end up in hospital? - Struck by lightening holding the golf club
8.) What is the one thing Henry Sellars asks for that Ted can't get? - The English papers
9) What does Father McGuire usually wear to bed? - Ireland football top
10) What does Father Jack refer to the rabbits as? - Hairy Japanese b*****ds
11) Who is the hairy baby maker? - Pat Mustard
12) What award does Ted win in the Christmas Special? - Golden Cleric
13) What is Dougal's job at football? - Guard the corner flags

14) Three amusements from the fairground featured in Q2? - Freak pointing, the ladder, whirley go round, bench, the pond of terror, spinning cat, the crane of death, tarot reading, duck startling, hen, the tunnel of goats.

15) The 3 places Ted and Dougal encounter Father Noel Furlong (Graham Norton)? - Caves, Aeroplane and Caravan.

16) What do the guys give up for lent? Cigarettes, Alcohol and Rollerblading.

17) Three things unlucky Father Larry Duff is doing when Ted rings? - Drive off a cliff, knife throwing, held at gunpoint/checkpoint, playing that game, house of cards/stapler, skiiing

18) Three punishments dished out by Sister Gondola as part of the Lenten package? - Dragged along with tractor, chinese burns, coal thrown, shot at, bricks in bed.

19)"(Nuns) are people too!"

20) "I have been brought back from my holiday from California to sort it out. That's where you and (Larry) and (Moe) come in"

21) "Yet again I'm dragged away from my warm fireside to deal with the cast of (Police Academy)"

22) "Don't call me Len, you little (p***k)"

23) "I know ordinarily you wouldn't be able to organise a (Nun shoot) in a (Nunnery)"

24) Father Dunn - Laughter
25) Father Fitzgerald - Voice
26) Father Finnigan - Dancing
27) Father Percil - Boring
28) Father Damo - Whistle

29) How much money does Jack leave in his will? - £500,000
30) How much do Dick and Ted bet for the Stars in their Eyes contest? - £5
31) How much does Ted spend for lenten package? - £50
32) How much do they bet at A Song for Ireland? - £4
33) How much does it cost Ted to bail Mrs Doyle and Jack out of jail? - £200

Good quiz

Thanks 

Now you all know just how feckin' sad I am. I've never seen a single episode of Game of Thrones or Succession or Bridgerton or any such shite.

However, I couldn't begin to count the number of times I've watched Father Ted. When I first saw QOS19's post suggesting this quiz, I even thought "Ooh, I might be in with a wee shout here........"

Anyhoo, was good fun and thanks to 19QOS19 for setting and marking etc.................

ETA - Was amazed there was no question regarding 'My Lovely Horse'.........

Edited by Florentine_Pogen