Motherwell: European Vacation 2022

Swello

Before the match, for some inexplicable reason, Alexander said both he and his players like clarity. Well, he’s got that in spades now as Motherwell are clearly out of Europe.

7 minutes ago, FredFlintsone said:

Commentator: "The sun is setting on Motherwell's European campaign"

LOL. Campaign??  It's been an epic journey but I suppose it had to come to an end eventually.

Some team will end up travelling further in Europe in the Challenge Cup this season. 

Found it odd before the tie that Well fancied themselves so much. 

Craigans narrative during this match has followed up on this. You'd think it was Barca going out to some non league team the way he is going on.

"A historic result" I am perplexed.

Just now, ancientnoise said:

I thought our f**k-up with the Nomads would be hard to match.

Clearly not. This is worse.

The Hibs Malmo will not be beaten by either of those results, but they are both up there.

The fact that we didn't even look like scoring edges this result into second place for me.

2 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

The Hibs Malmo will not be beaten by either of those results, but they are both up there.

The fact that we didn't even look like scoring edges this result into second place for me.

Exactly. We won the first tie away and were all over them in both, hit the woodwork a few times, got stung.

Sounds like the 'Well were outplayed.

Worrying.

9 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I don't think this is as embarrassing as Killie's loss to CQN. That was our best side for 50 years, and we thought we were better than we actually were. I don't think either of these things apply to the present Motherwell side!

The team that started against the Nomads wasn't our best side in 50 years. We had Jamie MacDonald instead of Bachmann in goals, El Makrini instead of Mulumbu in midfield and no Jones or Stewart.

10 minutes ago, virginton said:

Some team will end up travelling further in Europe in the Challenge Cup this season. 

It's quite plausible a team could travel further in the Scottish Cup.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The team that started against the Nomads wasn't our best side in 50 years. We had Jamie MacDonald instead of Bachmann in goals, El Makrini instead of Mulumbu in midfield and no Jones or Stewart.

True, and it was the first after Sir Steve.

I was at both games and though we fucked it up, we were clearly the dominant side and should have finished it much earlier. Plenty chances.

That's not the case here.

Edited by ancientnoise

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Fair enough. The team we ended the previous season with was though, and we surely had the right to expectations higher than what we got.