Motherwell: European Vacation 2022

Swello

7 minutes ago, FredFlintsone said:

Commentator: "The sun is setting on Motherwell's European campaign"

LOL. Campaign??  It's been an epic journey but I suppose it had to come to an end eventually.

Some team will end up travelling further in Europe in the Challenge Cup this season. 

Found it odd before the tie that Well fancied themselves so much. 

Craigans narrative during this match has followed up on this. You'd think it was Barca going out to some non league team the way he is going on.

"A historic result" I am perplexed.

Just now, ancientnoise said:

I thought our f**k-up with the Nomads would be hard to match.

Clearly not. This is worse.

The Hibs Malmo will not be beaten by either of those results, but they are both up there.

The fact that we didn't even look like scoring edges this result into second place for me.

9 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I don't think this is as embarrassing as Killie's loss to CQN. That was our best side for 50 years, and we thought we were better than we actually were. I don't think either of these things apply to the present Motherwell side!

The team that started against the Nomads wasn't our best side in 50 years. We had Jamie MacDonald instead of Bachmann in goals, El Makrini instead of Mulumbu in midfield and no Jones or Stewart.

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The team that started against the Nomads wasn't our best side in 50 years. We had Jamie MacDonald instead of Bachmann in goals, El Makrini instead of Mulumbu in midfield and no Jones or Stewart.

Fair enough. The team we ended the previous season with was though, and we surely had the right to expectations higher than what we got. 

5 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Just a quick question. Does anyone here know the process to cancel a season ticket with Motherwell.

Asking for a freind. 

Apart from dramatic effect on here, why would you cancel your season ticket and not ask for a refund? 

I’m surprised at the seeming surprise around this result. It was just two years ago Motherwell were taken to penalties by Coleraine, and the League of Ireland is certainly a step up from Northern Ireland.
These games between non old firm Scottish teams and Irish/Northern Irish/Welsh clubs are always pretty close, our clubs win some and lose some.
The reason for that is simply that the standard is pretty similar.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

Apart from dramatic effect on here, why would you cancel your season ticket and not ask for a refund? 

When I day cancel, I mean asking for a refund. If they don't accept that then I would still cancel in spite.