Motherwell: European Vacation 2022

Swello

On 07/07/2022 at 22:56, ropy said:

Looks like Sligo, not sure it will be sufficiently party enough to travel without a ticket.  I thought there was a survey to gauge interest?

Damn! I was hoping for a monumental Battle of Britain match. Looks unlikely now. Still the Irish giants Sligo will be no pushovers.

Keena signed a new contract today.

Sligo worried he'll impress watching Premiership managers🤔?

He's 11 goals in the League this season. Top scorer. It's traditionally a very low-scoring League. 

I've been to Sligo a few times.

Easiest way to get there is fly to Knock, then bus into Sligo which takes about an hour. Dublin is about 3 and a bit hours away by Bus/Train.

Two pubs by the ground Mooneys and O'Neills both decent sell standard Irish Stuff. Near the Station, Donaghy's Bar won't sell you a pint unless you are eating and the Railway begruded just selling me a pint when i went in last year. Theres other pubs in the Town Centre too, i went in a Sports bar.

Unless you fancy the overnight bus to Dublin about 1am, it is a stopover trip.

22 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

Does anyone know if the draw for the next round is before our second leg?

ETA it’s on Monday.

I have visited this screenshot s number of times as my wife tries to make plans through the summer.  

C59F2918-1FCF-45B2-A924-4197C8B5A2E6.jpeg

Whit's gaun aun? 

How many times have Shamrock & Dundalk qualified for the groups in 15 years odd since the Sheep did it?

Thought this was an OK League🤔.

Derry hoyed out 4-0 by a Latvian mob.

Sligo taken to extra time by Llandewi Breffi.

14 minutes ago, Syme said:

Whit's gaun aun? 

How many times have Shamrock & Dundalk qualified for the groups in 15 years odd since the Sheep did it?

Three times. But it's because they get parachuted into the final qualifying round after being papped out the CL.

Shamrock beat an Estonian team before getting papped down by Copenhagen then managed an (impressive) win v Partizan Belgrade in 2011/12.

Dundalk beat a Faroese team then managed another impressive win v Bate before being papped out by Legia and straight into the group stages. In 2021 they beat an Andorran, Moldovan and Faroese team to qualify for the group stages. 

9 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

So what you're saying is we should be campaigning for an independent Lanarkshire with our own league and every now and then we'd get an easy enough draw to get a chance of the group stages?

Only if you win this league and make your way through the murky waters of Gibraltan, Kosovan and Faroese football first.

Kazakhstan looks a no go, unless you go on some sort of club charter. Looking at over £1k for flights and that is a 3 stop/25hr+ effort. There are a few options of 2 stops and less time, but I would rather spend the £2.5k on something else…

Latvia/Macedonia are both reasonably accessible and gives us the best chance of progression.

Istanbul/Prague both straight forward travel wise, but would be almost certain defeat!

Plenty of time to come up with some travel options after the draw.

1 hour ago, ScottR96 said:

Is the Sligo game at Fir Park on TV? Can’t see anything on Premier Sports but thought it would’ve been. 

Not looking like it.

See Sligo lost 2-0 at home to University College Dublin this afternoon 😳.

Only the 2nd game UCD have won this season. From 23 😧.

Ace keeper McGinty not in the side. Reportedly in England and signing for Oxford United tomorrow.