The Handsome Jim Last Day Thriller.

56 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Great deflection. Your initial post is below dafty.

You might consider that twice in the last 5 seasons is more than "1 top 4 in a decade"

Like I said, simpleton.

Twice in the last 12 seasons in the top league for Hibs vs 8 for Aberdeen. 

My point about Aberdeen being more likely to get back to that level based on the last 12 years performance (vs Hibs) still stands no? 

You are a very angry man (as well as simple). 

I think you need to take a break from here. I think Maloneyball sent you over the edge and turned you in to the utterly insufferable w**k you clearly are 😆

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

No it wasn’t, that was a totally different corner. The goal was disallowed because according to the referee Watkins fouled the keeper, which, given that there was a defender between Watkins and the keeper was impossible for him to do.

The Ref did the "out and in" geature with his arm.

4 hours ago, afc_blockhead said:

Considering we have been utter horseshit most of the season and were a goal against ross county away from top 6 with a good chance of top 4 i wouldnt say its that insurmountable 

We will see next season 

If St Johnstone stay up, with them and Killie in the top flight, I predict the ‘Old Firm’ will be a country mile ahead (wow, prediction of the century), and everything else, absolutely everything else, is completely up for grabs between 10 top flight clubs with nothing between them. Size won’t matter, support won’t matter, budget won’t matter. History won’t matter. Hence my view that the owners of Aberdeen and Hibs, in bagging managers and making noises about ‘taking us to where we should be’ etc, are talking shite. There’s the ‘Old Firm’, and the rest.

Edited by pozbaird

If St Johnstone stay up, with them and Killie in the top flight, I predict the ‘Old Firm’ will be a mile ahead (again, obviously), and everything else, absolutely everything else, is completely up for grabs between 10 top flight clubs with nothing between them. Size won’t matter, support won’t matter, budget won’t matter. History won’t matter. Hence my view that the owners of Aberdeen and Hibs, in bagging managers and making noises about ‘taking us to where we should be’ etc, are talking shite. There’s the ‘Old Firm’, and the rest.
If it's all the same, why haven't St Mirren been even close to the top 4 at any point?

1 minute ago, MikeAFC94 said:
3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:
If St Johnstone stay up, with them and Killie in the top flight, I predict the ‘Old Firm’ will be a mile ahead (again, obviously), and everything else, absolutely everything else, is completely up for grabs between 10 top flight clubs with nothing between them. Size won’t matter, support won’t matter, budget won’t matter. History won’t matter. Hence my view that the owners of Aberdeen and Hibs, in bagging managers and making noises about ‘taking us to where we should be’ etc, are talking shite. There’s the ‘Old Firm’, and the rest.

If it's all the same, why haven't St Mirren been even close to the top 4 at any point?

We were looking good for top 6 and in the cup quarters - until Goodwin left. We have just finished ahead of Aberdeen, a goal away from finishing above Hibs. I firmly believe Livingston are a better managed, better organised, and harder to beat outfit than either Aberdeen or Hibs - big clubs in Scotland. I just don’t think there’s a lot between us diddy clubs at the moment. Yeah, Aberdeen could have been top 6, so could we, and Livvy…. There’s Ross County looking like relegation fodder… where did they finish? A tiny club with two men and a dug’ following them… there’s nothing between us, so no-one has a right to be anywhere.

7 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

The Ref did the "out and in" geature with his arm.

A couple of things here.

1) No he didn't, he did the touching the back of his head gesture to indicate that the ball hit the defender's head and not his arm.

2) If indeed the ball had gone out and then in again the game would have been restarted with a goal kick, but it restarted with a drop ball to the keeper.

Three things, three things here,

3) The time where the corner went out and came back in again did happen yesterday but completely different incident. 

9 hours ago, pozbaird said:

If St Johnstone stay up, with them and Killie in the top flight, I predict the ‘Old Firm’ will be a country mile ahead (wow, prediction of the century), and everything else, absolutely everything else, is completely up for grabs between 10 top flight clubs with nothing between them. Size won’t matter, support won’t matter, budget won’t matter. History won’t matter. Hence my view that the owners of Aberdeen and Hibs, in bagging managers and making noises about ‘taking us to where we should be’ etc, are talking shite. There’s the ‘Old Firm’, and the rest.

This is a bit of a mental take tbh. 

I mean, you’re right that no one has any right to finish anywhere and at present, livi are better than both hibs and Aberdeen, but this idea that all 10 teams set out with the same objectives, aims and expectations is just objectively wrong. 

51 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

This is a bit of a mental take tbh. 

I mean, you’re right that no one has any right to finish anywhere and at present, livi are better than both hibs and Aberdeen, but this idea that all 10 teams set out with the same objectives, aims and expectations is just objectively wrong. 

9 hours ago, pozbaird said:

We were looking good for top 6 and in the cup quarters - until Goodwin left. We have just finished ahead of Aberdeen, a goal away from finishing above Hibs. I firmly believe Livingston are a better managed, better organised, and harder to beat outfit than either Aberdeen or Hibs - big clubs in Scotland. I just don’t think there’s a lot between us diddy clubs at the moment. Yeah, Aberdeen could have been top 6, so could we, and Livvy…. There’s Ross County looking like relegation fodder… where did they finish? A tiny club with two men and a dug’ following them… there’s nothing between us, so no-one has a right to be anywhere.

There was little in it this season. 

Historically, the size of a club and hence its budget has determined where they finish up, on average. The correlation between buget and league placing is strong and well documented. 

We have just had a once in a decade low point. Ross County have had their best ever finish (i think). Hibs have underperformed and livi and utd have overperformed, relative to budget. 

Everyone else (more than half the league) are round about where they would be on budget alone. 

Sounds like pretty weak evidence that the correlation has broken down. 

I think it’s no more than wishful thinking on your part. Maybe because you're dreading reversion to the mean and seeing the Dons finish above you again for the next couple of generations? 

5 hours ago, coprolite said:
15 hours ago, pozbaird said:

If St Johnstone stay up, with them and Killie in the top flight, I predict the ‘Old Firm’ will be a country mile ahead (wow, prediction of the century), and everything else, absolutely everything else, is completely up for grabs between 10 top flight clubs with nothing between them.

Historically, the size of a club and hence its budget has determined where they finish up, on average. The correlation between buget and league placing is strong and well documented. 

I'm with @pozbairdon this.  Assuming The Fermers will stay up, and the fact that Killy have quite a good manager and will be looking at what Hearts achieved in their first year after promotion, I think it's fair to say that all of the 12 teams will be aiming for a top 6 slot. 

The sand in the vaseline would come If Inverness make it back into the league, as arguably they'll be content with a 10th place finish. 

I think it'll be an excellent league next year, proper cutthroat stuff with every point being important. 

On 16/05/2022 at 00:07, Dirty Sanchez said:

Fair play to Jim for only claiming a 4-0 win. Shaun Maloney had Hibs scoring 5 against us Easter Road on a day when the scoreboard indicated that they, in fact, didn't score any, and we won. The Jedi mind tricks didn't work out for Maloney.

Did he not actually say 4 up at HALF TIME?

On 15/05/2022 at 18:38, pozbaird said:

It is waffle. I’ve read stuff in the media from the ownership of both Aberdeen and Hibs about ‘getting the club back to where it should be’. Neither club are anywhere near getting back to wherever they think their rightful place in the food chain should be. If St Mirren’s top flight life depended on winning another game next week, I’d rather face Aberdeen or indeed Hibs, than Livingston, Motherwell, Hearts, Dundee Utd… the four clubs I’ve just named could easily finish 3rd and win a cup next season. Have a look at this - it’s frightening. Celtic and Sevco out of sight, Celtic’s GD is plus 70 FFS. Outwith the big ugly basturts’ only Hearts have a positive goal difference. The actual state of the rest of us this season…. Your rightful place doesn’t exist, no more than any other diddy club.

50A3C98F-75CA-4610-B569-5F82A705E13A.jpeg

I think you've undermined your own argument..

Two wins and a draw, instead of 3 defeats, would have put us 4th = rightful place.

For yourselves, 1 win and 2 draws, instead of 3 defeats, would have put you 4th = punching above your weight.