The Handsome Jim Last Day Thriller.

It will be interesting to see if Goodwin puts out an equally abject side as he did against St Johnstone. They were bad, like really bad, far worse than us.

We should finish above them, we are a better team. Will we? Meh, who knows...

Only two unresolved issues in the Premiership on the final day, who is going to finish 4th in the top six and a spine tingling three way battle with ourselves, Aberdeen and Hibs for 8th place. Not quite the end of season crescendo i feel any of us were hoping for. 

If we win we'll get it, If we draw and Hibs fail to beat The Saintees we will also get it. Aberdeen will need a win and for Hibs to fail to beat St Johnstone for them to manage it. The tension is palpable.

I doff my hat to any Saints fans getting up at the crack of dawn on a Sunday to head to Aberdeen for a 12 noon kick off for an end of season kick about incidentally, proper fans. An absolutely ridiculous kick off time, and i had the fear our season was going to depend on this game when the fixtures were released. Thank goodness it doesn't.

0-0

4 minutes ago, Lex said:

Not quite the end of season crescendo i feel any of us were hoping for. 

A month ago I'd have bitten your hand off for two cigars-out final games. I had to remind myself of that last night.

Jim Goodwin will be absolutely desperate to finish above us; whether he can convey that urgency to his players on Sunday, or at any point next season, remains to be seen. 

Head says another 0-0 with Hibs pipping us to 8th.

If Aberdeen play to anywhere near the level of complete abjectness that they did last night then St Mirren win comfortably.  I wouldn't be giving pass marks to any Dons player last night, if I could make 11 changes I would.  Considine might get the final half hour, Goodwin previously saying hes not fit enough to start games, other than that it'll be same old same old and expect more of the same performances.

Can’t say I have any thoughts at all about wanting to win this as a GIRFUY to Goodwin. I don’t feel that way about Goodwin at all. Same with Jack Ross. Don’t harbour any feelings of ill-will to either. I want us to win simply because it would see us finish on a high, and will have seen Robinson find his feet with a four game unbeaten run, following a dreadful start. Onwards and upwards with him, Lasley, new players, and training staff.

The only thoughts I have about Goodwin leaving remain the same as they were at the moment it was announced - he’s made a mistake, and their owner has been swayed by one decent run of ten or so games. Some of which were draws, and, I think, some against lower league opposition in the cup.

Goodwin remains a good player, cup winning captain, decent manager, and a really nice bloke. Shame he’ll end up looking for an Alloa type gig once he’s bagged.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Jim Goodwin will be absolutely desperate to finish above us;

Think you’re overplaying that. I suspect Jim goodwin, like most of us, is absolutely desperate to get to the transfer window. 

14 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Can’t say I have any thoughts at all about wanting to win this as a GIRFUY to Goodwin. I don’t feel that way about Goodwin at all. Same with Jack Ross. Don’t harbour any feelings of ill-will to either. I want us to win simply because it would see us finish on a high, and will have seen Robinson find his feet with a four game unbeaten run, following a dreadful start. Onwards and upwards with him, Lasley, new players, and training staff.

The only thoughts I have about Goodwin leaving remain the same as they were at the moment it was announced - he’s made a mistake, and their owner has been swayed by one decent run of ten or so games. Some of which were draws, and, I think, some against lower league opposition in the cup.

Goodwin remains a good player, cup winning captain, decent manager, and a really nice bloke. Shame he’ll end up looking for an Alloa type gig once he’s bagged.

I think "GIRFUY to Goodwin" is putting it a bit strong more "prettier than your new girlfriend" but I do want us to finish as high up the division as possible and like you hope finishing in 8th place might win Robinson back some of the goodwill he lost during our most recent poor run.

Whether the move to Aberdeen turns out to be a mistake or not for Goodwin as a football manager it was a risk he had to take.

2 minutes ago, btb said:

I think "GIRFUY to Goodwin" is putting it a bit strong more "prettier than your new girlfriend" but I do want us to finish as high up the division as possible and like you hope finishing in 8th place might win Robinson back some of the goodwill he lost during our most recent poor run.

Whether the move to Aberdeen turns out to be a mistake or not for Goodwin as a football manager it was a risk he had to take.

I don’t think it was a risk he had to take. We were definitely looking like Top 6 Tony material, on that decent run, the cup quarter at Hearts coming up. He was on a good, solid thing with us. As secure a job as you can find in top flight football in Scotland. A ton of goodwill in the bank as an ex-player, captain, and all round good guy. I absolutely think he should have stayed, and I think our improvement would have continued. Obviously, just my opinion, and it’s all conjecture. I happen to believe he could have followed an ‘Alex Neil impressing at Accies’ route to a shot at making it in England.

I don’t give a fcuk about Aberdeen and Hibs bigger budgets and being bigger clubs. They’re no better than anyone bar Dundee, and the landscape has changed. Being big and having a bigger budget guarantees fcuk all. I think he’s went to the wrong club with the wrong expectations*

*Not 1980s Gothenburg expectations, should any irate Dons fans still think that’s what the rest of us imagine you are craving.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Think you’re overplaying that. I suspect Jim goodwin, like most of us, is absolutely desperate to get to the transfer window. 

Perhaps. 

I think you'll be in for a hell of a window, btw. Jim did make generally good signings for us and he knows how to sell a club. That doesn't necessarily translate to performances, but the summer will be a laugh.

47 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I don’t think it was a risk he had to take. We were definitely looking like Top 6 Tony material, on that decent run, the cup quarter at Hearts coming up. He was on a good, solid thing with us. As secure a job as you can find in top flight football in Scotland. A ton of goodwill in the bank as an ex-player, captain, and all round good guy. I absolutely think he should have stayed, and I think our improvement would have continued. Obviously, just my opinion, and it’s all conjecture. I happen to believe he could have followed an ‘Alex Neil impressing at Accies’ route to a shot at making it in England.

I don’t give a fcuk about Aberdeen and Hibs bigger budgets and being bigger clubs. They’re no better than anyone bar Dundee, and the landscape has changed. Being big and having a bigger budget guarantees fcuk all. I think he’s went to the wrong club with the wrong expectations*

*Not 1980s Gothenburg expectations, should any irate Dons fans still think that’s what the rest of us imagine you are craving.

I know you feel like shit now, but as time passes the pain will too.

stay strong.

x

29 minutes ago, betting competition said:

The only thing worth turning up is Andy Considine who has been a magnificent servant to Aberdeen Football Club. Goodwin better play him and I hope he gets the send off he deserves. 

A hat trick? 

He's 16/1 with bet365 to score first. A lot better bet than Ramirez at 4/1. 🤨

250/1 for the hat trick.

Edited by Suspect Device

I don't think anyone holds a grudge against Goodwin, if he had continued the form he'd gotten from us, he'd probably have been away in the Summer anyway. Plus, it helps we didn't replace him with a complete muppet.

Finishing above his new team would be nice, but the league position because of that win would be nicer.