Hibernian v St.Johnstone

26 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

1 extra top 4 finish in the past 12 years than i said? 

It really means that much to you. The fact my wider point is correct is ignored because it clearly pains you.

Well done on the cycling as well. The fact you mentioned that for no reason really made me laugh 😄 

Wanting strangers to be impressed by your wee bike rides 😁 

Animated GIF

On the positive yesterday, I liked John Mahon again. A bit too eager to take control in the lead-up to the opener but read the game well and just looks solid. Doesn't get drawn into the wrestling matches that, for some reason, Liam Gordon is now so keen on.

The problem going forward is I'm not sure either of the above will be comfortable/capable carrying the ball out from defence.

A back three where two of them can't step out and potentially James Brown at wing back... 

Oh, back to the negatives, even when you try and be positive... 

On the positive yesterday, I liked John Mahon again. A bit too eager to take control in the lead-up to the opener but read the game well and just looks solid. Doesn't get drawn into the wrestling matches that, for some reason, Liam Gordon is now so keen on.
The problem going forward is I'm not sure either of the above will be comfortable/capable carrying the ball out from defence.
A back three where two of them can't step out and potentially James Brown at wing back... 
Oh, back to the negatives, even when you try and be positive... 

Like the rest of our defenders minus maybe Shaun Rooney I feel he looks like he’d be good in a back four. But none of the centre backs are confident enough to regularly step out and take risks on the ball so Davidson-ball just doesn’t really work.

Btw, O’Halloran ending up at left wing back because the manager didn’t want to go to a back four was some laugh. At one point in the second half yesterday we had Cleary (CB), McCart (CB), Sang (RB), Rooney (RB), 3 CMs, MOH (RW), Middleton (LW) and Ciftci on the pitch. But instead of a straightforward 4-3-3 (with some actual pace on the wings!) where the only player out of position would be Sang at LB … Davidson had Rooney playing centre half, O’Halloran at LWB and Middleton getting progressively grumpier up front as the ball went no where near him. All to maintain this system that has scored 24 goals all season.

There has been talk about how the first half yesterday was better, verging on decent-to-good in some quarters. 

I don't actually disagree that by our standards it wasn't a complete disaster but what did we have to show for it? 5 shots from outside the box and ONE (unsuccessful) touch inside the box from 45 minutes. 

IMG_20220516_091637.thumb.jpg.3ebccb562a9da80c7e1f0b4fc9c9d20f.jpg

That's where we are under Davidson that this is considered acceptable.