Jack Ross's Blazers and Shorts Tour - The Dundee United 2022-23 Europa Conference League Thread

Ray Patterson

1 hour ago, TONTROOPER said:

Season 63/64 ... European Cup ... preliminary round.

1st leg   ... Rangers 0 Real Madrid 1

2nd leg .. Real Madrid 6 (six)  Rangers 0

Aggregate score: 7 (seven) - 0.

Just sayin ....

That didn't come across with all the "honours" and "history", it never tuped...

1 hour ago, TONTROOPER said:

Season 63/64 ... European Cup ... preliminary round.

1st leg   ... Rangers 0 Real Madrid 1

2nd leg .. Real Madrid 6 (six)  Rangers 0

Aggregate score: 7 (seven) - 0.

Just sayin ....

“why are you laughing, your football team also has a bad result against the best team in Europe 60 years ago”

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

So you accept they're the same club as the one currently in the Premiership?

Otherwise why mention it?

How do you work that out? It's about the worst results Scottish clubs have had in Europe, old Rangers, new Sevco, doesn't matter, the result of that particular match is one of the worst equal by a Scottish club.

5 hours ago, Dysart said:

Just another reason why Rangers or Celtic winning 50 plus titles or nine in a row is irrelevant in the greater sphere of things. I hate it when the arrogant English describe the SPFL as a pub league but performances like that last night just gives them more ammunition. 

Where do you go to hear that? I don't  doubt they say it, but I can manage to avoid seeing or hearing it personally 

10 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Where do you go to hear that? I don't  doubt they say it, but I can manage to avoid seeing or hearing it personally 

Usually on an HYS on an EPL game.

6 hours ago, TheScarf said:

That was kind of my thoughts last night too.  They have 2 Dutch internationalists and a guy keeping Giakoumakis out the Greece side up top.  They're an above average side IMO.  Miles better than any of the sides that have beaten Killie, St Johnstone, Motherwell the last few years.

Take it you're forgetting about Galatasaray or LASK? Two teams we managed to get 1-1 away draws against at least. No one expected them to get through but 7-0 can't be dressed up as anything but the embarrassment that it is.

40 minutes ago, Miguel Simao said:

Take it you're forgetting about Galatasaray or LASK? Two teams we managed to get 1-1 away draws against at least. No one expected them to get through but 7-0 can't be dressed up as anything but the embarrassment that it is.

You assume wrongly. We’re talking about Scottish clubs losing to sides they should be able to see off over 2 legs.  The 2 clubs you mention certainly don’t fall into that category. Neither do AZ Alkmaar.