Jack Ross's Blazers and Shorts Tour - The Dundee United 2022-23 Europa Conference League Thread

Ray Patterson

Was at the game last night the whole night was brilliant. Team was outstanding including the 2 fullbacks who pushed up the park at every opportunity. The goalie looked very solid and we’ve still his Australian chum at right back to come in. Fancy us to get through this tie shame away goals don’t count double these days as a cleansheet at home used to be priceless 

14 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Nobody had to queue overnight. They chose to.

My pal went at 9am and got our tickets.

There's no need for United to implement a points system. Something I've this happens every 10 years. We do sell away allocations out but usually after they have been on sale a week and everyone has had a chance.

I think we will be in Europe every year for the foreseeable future... 

On 04/08/2022 at 13:36, ArabFC said:

With them having not started their league yet and missing a bunch of players, I'm semi-confident that a draw or slim victory is possible.

To be followed up by a humping ala Moscow in the second leg.

Hopefully I don’t get the second part right.

I’d still have AZ as solid favourites to make it through to the play-offs, but we’ve at least given ourselves a fighting chance.

16 hours ago, BuckieJaggy said:

Was at the game last night the whole night was brilliant. Team was outstanding including the 2 fullbacks who pushed up the park at every opportunity. The goalie looked very solid and we’ve still his Australian chum at right back to come in. Fancy us to get through this tie shame away goals don’t count double these days as a cleansheet at home used to be priceless 

It is really very exciting..

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

He was in the middle at Wembley for the England/Scotland game in the Euros last summer. Thought he was decent.

Also did the Champions League Final last year, 2021 (Chelsea/Man City), I think.

Don't forget his reffing of Scotland's win on penalties over Serbia to get to the Euros in the first place. Maybe the only referee I like. That status will be heavily tested this Thursday.