Jack Ross's Blazers and Shorts Tour - The Dundee United 2022-23 Europa Conference League Thread

Ray Patterson

Just another reason why Rangers or Celtic winning 50 plus titles or nine in a row is irrelevant in the greater sphere of things. I hate it when the arrogant English describe the SPFL as a pub league but performances like that last night just gives them more ammunition. 

Anyway, I stopped watching at the 3rd goal, so can't comment too much on the performance, not that it needs to be watched to accept it was a shitshow.

Still believe there's a decent team there and we'll do fine this season, albeit how they react over the next couple of games will tell us plenty.

Hope that mistake by Birighitti was a one-off. He'd seemed decent thus far.

Behich clearly wasn't ready.

When the draw was made I think most people expected a pumping for United, and 7-1 on aggregate isn’t that surprising.
It was the 0-1 7-0 split and that week of hope that makes it seem that bit worse, but they were never getting through.
This is nowhere near as bad as Motherwell or Kilmarnock or any of other various recent Scottish humiliations in Europe, this was a proper team that beat you.

15 minutes ago, Dysart said:

Just another reason why Rangers or Celtic winning 50 plus titles or nine in a row is irrelevant in the greater sphere of things. I hate it when the arrogant English describe the SPFL as a pub league but performances like that last night just gives them more ammunition. 

This is the CV of the Livingston forward who rag dolled our back line at the weekend. They might have a point.

Screenshot 2022-08-12 at 10.54.18.png

2 hours ago, Venti said:

Dundee are playing Arbroath tonight ffs.

At least Dundee United had a shot in Europe.

I'd wind my neck in dees.

Unless they get absolutely scudded (fingers crossed), they are quite right to be dishing it out, and will be for some time, unfortunately.

47 minutes ago, Lex said:

When the draw was made I think most people expected a pumping for United, and 7-1 on aggregate isn’t that surprising.
It was the 0-1 7-0 split and that week of hope that makes it seem that bit worse, but they were never getting through.
This is nowhere near as bad as Motherwell or Kilmarnock or any of other various recent Scottish humiliations in Europe, this was a proper team that beat you.

That was kind of my thoughts last night too.  They have 2 Dutch internationalists and a guy keeping Giakoumakis out the Greece side up top.  They're an above average side IMO.  Miles better than any of the sides that have beaten Killie, St Johnstone, Motherwell the last few years.

1 hour ago, Dysart said:

The SPFL isn't a single league. 

3 hours ago, G51 said:

can't stop laughing at these tbh

Season 63/64 ... European Cup ... preliminary round.

1st leg   ... Rangers 0 Real Madrid 1

2nd leg .. Real Madrid 6 (six)  Rangers 0

Aggregate score: 7 (seven) - 0.

Just sayin ....

12 hours ago, DMCs said:

Aussie keeper had a serious mare. No idea what he's even trying at the 3rd goal. Big downgrade from Siegrist but they've improved elsewhere and should still be good for a top 5/6 finish.

Can't believe some of the comments  re the keeper .

He was poor for a couple of crosses,  one lead to the goal. But he made at least 4 excellent saves. If could easily have been 10- 0. Give the guy a break. The outfield players were terrible and left him well exposed.  I admit his decision making could have been better at times. Its early days so wouldn't right him off just yet

Always said that "Poser Jack" can't manage a game In  Progress and that was a perfect example 

4 minutes ago, Besty said:

Can't believe some of the comments  re the keeper .

He was poor for a couple of crosses,  one lead to the goal. But he made at least 4 excellent saves. If could easily have been 10- 0. Give the guy a break. The outfield players were terrible and left him well exposed.  I admit his decision making could have been better at times. Its early days so wouldn't right him off just yet

Always said that "Poser Jack" can't manage a game In  Progress and that was a perfect example 

I'm only going off the highlights. I didn't see the game live. He was at fault for the 2nd and 3rd goals though. Both entirely him. I agree the defending around looked poor as well. That attempt at a clearance just before the fourth 😬

14 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Season 63/64 ... European Cup ... preliminary round.

1st leg   ... Rangers 0 Real Madrid 1

2nd leg .. Real Madrid 6 (six)  Rangers 0

Aggregate score: 7 (seven) - 0.

Just sayin ....

So you accept they're the same club as the one currently in the Premiership?

Otherwise why mention it?

The keeper was directly at fault for 2, arguably 3 of the 7 and didn't even attempt to save another 2 when he clearly could've got a hand to them.  Truly the worst goalkeeping display in recent memory.  The defence was laughable too but you can't do anything about having a terrible keeper behind you.