Jack Ross's Blazers and Shorts Tour - The Dundee United 2022-23 Europa Conference League Thread

Ray Patterson

4 minutes ago, Venti said:

Dundee are playing Arbroath tonight ffs.

At least Dundee United had a shot in Europe.

I'd wind my neck in dees.

No thank you.  Given we have progressed further in Europe this century than United have I think we are quite entitled to laugh at their efforts to better our record.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Venti said:

Dundee are playing Arbroath tonight ffs.

At least Dundee United had a shot in Europe.

I'd wind my neck in dees.

C'mon now @Venti.

Having to listen to Arabs for the past 3 months tell us how great they are, how they are 'back where they belong' in Europe, lording over us in getting in Jack Ross...etc..

Laughing at them getting embarrassingly papped out of Europe in such a marvellous way is well deserved.

Don't ruin it by bringing how shite Dundee are into it.

I get why the Dees are piling in big time after that shitshow last night - and you can't blame them, that's part and parcel of a city rivalry.  You dish it out, you expect to get it back ...

The banter aside though, that AZ side would probably have battered any Scottish club on their patch last night, and would probably have given either of the Ugly Sisters a serious problem too.  The Scottish media as always made the most of the result at Tannadice last week (and it was a great result for United) but the superior technical ability of the AZ side was there for all to see, and the return leg was always going to be a different beast entirely.  The difference between the top end of the Dutch league and ours was stark.

9 hours ago, stevieKTID said:

Fwiw Arabs you're getting some nice praise in the local press over here, there was a large gathering of United fans in the Nieuwmarkt area and all the locals were impressed by how you conducted yourselves and that you cleared up all your rubbish afterwards, the result might not have been great but you've made a positive impression.

https://www.at5.nl/artikelen/216356/supporters-voetbalclub-dundee-bouwen-feestje-op-de-nieuwmarkt-en-ruimen-zelf-de-troep-op

9 hours ago, TONTROOPER said:

In fairness..thats not news to me..I was at Tannadice for the second leg of the UEFA final against Gothenburg.

The rest is history but I can verify United fans formed corridors for the Gothenburg fans to board their bus...and applauded them.United were awarded an award for that gesture.

Cant wait to see it replicated at Ibrox/Parkhead. 

"

can't stop laughing at these tbh

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

No thank you.  Given we have progressed further in Europe this century than United have I think we are quite entitled to laugh at their efforts to better our record.

Thank you.

Beating some Albanians two decades ago - you must be very proud 😅