Jack Ross's Blazers and Shorts Tour - The Dundee United 2022-23 Europa Conference League Thread

Ray Patterson

Great night to remember for united fans. I thought after the first 10 minutes when united couldn't get a sniff of the ball that AZ would breeze it. Turned out they were utter horse shit and couldn't deal with the intensity and organisation of United. Levitt won't be at united for long...f**k me what a pler. 

Raging btw. 

16 hours ago, Empty It said:

I can't remember seeing anyone coming out of pre season so chubby and unfit.

My wife was in the gym with Tony Watt on Saturday morning at the Crowne Plaza. She said he was gunning it on the bike.

Charlie Mulgrew was lazing around the lobby later on. The man is an absolute dish as well as a cultured rock at the back. Had to hide my three quarter chub and I'm not ashamed to say it.

Arabs must be feeling pretty good today anyway. Enjoy it boys. 

18 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I'm surprised you don't have a points loyalty system like other clubs. I would be pissed off not to get a ticket but went to every game. 

It was for Loyalty period ST holders only.

I've never understood why fans should be rewarded for putting money into the pockets of other clubs.

28 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

It was for Loyalty period ST holders only.

I've never understood why fans should be rewarded for putting money into the pockets of other clubs.

Dundee United have a decent away support at times, there must be times when the the demand outstrip the ticket numbers? That is why they should have a loyalty scheme, also those going nearly every game should get the best seats. Same goes for European games those that are loyal to supporting the club should be first in queue and not queuing overnight - that is a shambles. Aberdeen have been using the points system for about 8 years. 

Edited by betting competition

Rumours that the AZ Chairman has contacted Utd to inform them that any travelling fan without a ticket can pay at the gate and will be seated near to the away end.

If thats the case then fair fucks to the Dutch lads, gives our fans the chance to cheer the team on in even bigger numbers. And they get some more dosh to soften the blow of getting pumped out the best European competition*. 

Many a club would tell them to f**k off. 

* Itll be the Diddy Europa League of Fun when we're out, of course. 

2 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Levitt is going for Gauld / Robertson money at the end of the season with a Europa Conference and Scottish Premiership winners medal along with a Scottish Cup to his name.

And the keys to Dundee.

Fucking baller.

What about the World Cup winners medal?

1 hour ago, betting competition said:

Dundee United have a decent away support at times, there must be times when the the demand outstrip the ticket numbers? That is why they should have a loyalty scheme, also those going nearly every game should get the best seats. Same goes for European games those that are loyal to supporting the club should be first in queue and not queuing overnight - that is a shambles. Aberdeen have been using the points system for about 8 years. 

Nobody had to queue overnight. They chose to.

My pal went at 9am and got our tickets.

There's no need for United to implement a points system. Something I've this happens every 10 years. We do sell away allocations out but usually after they have been on sale a week and everyone has had a chance.

3 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Nobody had to queue overnight. They chose to.

My pal went at 9am and got our tickets.

There's no need for United to implement a points system. Something I've this happens every 10 years. We do sell away allocations out but usually after they have been on sale a week and everyone has had a chance.

Something like this hasn’t happened for 10 years.

We sure as shit will be doing everything to ensure it happens again next year.

And this year in fact. We’re going in a European tour!

58 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Any shouts as to what the gathering point is in Alkmaar? Do they have a city square or big outdoor Spoons?

To answer my own question Waagplein looks like the place to be.

3 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Something like this hasn’t happened for 10 years.

We sure as shit will be doing everything to ensure it happens again next year.

And this year in fact. We’re going in a European tour!

Once we dispatch these shitty teams we can start getting a decent amount of tickets when we are back amongst the Euro giants