Do you want Rangers to win the Europa League final?

Do you want Rangers to win the Europa League final?  

309 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Detective Jimmy McNulty said:

I'd prefer it if they didn't win, because not only are the club and a large chunk of their fan base bad losers, they're also bad winners, but I'm not going to lose any sleep if they do.

All but 1 of the half dozen Rangers guys I know follow (follow) them for footballing reasons and get genuinely embarrassed and vexed at the attached nonsense. There's also not many of them round my way, so it's unlikely I'll have to put up with any arseholery if they win.

I'd likely have a different view if I lived further west or in one of the many small towns in this country where the majority glory hunt instead of watching their local side.

What does "football reasons" mean?

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

Going to guess it's not because they are Union loving bigoted ****** haters?  Same reason as Celtc fans don't give a shite about the football really just winding up orange welts protecting the motherland because their Aunties Parrot was born in Donegol 

9 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Going to guess it's not because they are Union loving bigoted ****** haters?  Same reason as Celtc fans don't give a shite about the football really just winding up orange welts protecting the motherland because their Aunties Parrot was born in Donegol 

Supporting them because they're big and usually win is scarcely any better than supporting them because of bigotry.

Triumphalism often makes drawing a distinction between the two tricky anyway.

On 11/05/2022 at 18:21, jagfox said:

I once had a Frankfurter hot dog so I would be going against the grain if I wasn't fully behind an Eagles victory 💔🤍🖤

I've only been in existence since 2012 so it's Rangers for me. 

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

Supporting them because they're big and usually win is scarcely any better than supporting them because of bigotry.

Triumphalism often makes drawing a distinction between the two tricky anyway.

Neither shines a good light.

Regardless, I don't wish to change my mind.  I want Rangers to win tonight.   

12 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It means they like football and Rangers are their team and that they have no time for the bigoted sideshow like all right minded people.

1 minute ago, Detective Jimmy McNulty said:

It means they like football and Rangers are their team and that they have no time for the bigoted sideshow like all right minded people.

No time for it, just a tolerance. 

Why is Rangers their team?

Edited by Monkey Tennis

8 minutes ago, Detective Jimmy McNulty said:

1 in 50 of them aren't bad.  

7 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

No time for it, just a tolerance. 

Do you sit down and question every fan similar?  Although it's almost ingrained in them not all of them support rangers/celtic because they are bigots.  My old man is a rangers fan from the west, married to a catholic a father to 4 Hibees and 1 stickie who decided to go to sit in front of the telly and want them to win instead of coming to watch the hibees.  Doesn't make them like football less or need to hate catholics and not even really glory hunting, just my brother wanting to be close to my dad in a footballing way while I played football then when released from (insert a now diddy L1 club) a team took one of my wee brothers across the country watching the Hibees and other one doesn't really care. 

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

One is from Glasgow, one is from Manchester and follows the same team as his father. 2 are Scots/Indian Sikh brothers who were generic EPL fanboys until one of them married a Rangers supporting lass about 10 years ago. The other is from Edinburgh and was taken to Ibrox by his uncle because his dad wasn't into football.

6 minutes ago, Detective Jimmy McNulty said:

One is from Glasgow, one is from Manchester and follows the same team as his father. 2 are Scots/Indian Sikh brothers who were generic EPL fanboys until one of them married a Rangers supporting lass about 10 years ago. The other is from Edinburgh and was taken to Ibrox by his uncle because his dad wasn't into football.

The first one may have a sliver of an excuse.  I'll let you know my decision in due course.

The others have none.

8 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Do you sit down and question every fan similar?  Although it's almost ingrained in them not all of them support rangers/celtic because they are bigots.  My old man is a rangers fan from the west, married to a catholic a father to 4 Hibees and 1 stickie who decided to go to sit in front of the telly and want them to win instead of coming to watch the hibees.  Doesn't make them like football less or need to hate catholics and not even really glory hunting, just my brother wanting to be close to my dad in a footballing way while I played football then when released from (insert a now diddy L1 club) a team took one of my wee brothers across the country watching the Hibees and other one doesn't really care. 

Nah, I'm at it really.  I know and personally like plenty OF fans.

The clubs' hold on this country really bugs me though.  I really resent that in a town like mine, the vast majority of those who take an active interest in football, support a club from nearly 80 miles away and pour scorn on the one that plays here each fortnight.

They don't deserve a sense of success, because they've jumped aboard something for that very reason.  Their delight at progress is unearned and therefore undeserved.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The clubs' hold on this country really bugs me though.  I really resent that in a town like mine, the vast majority of those who take an active interest in football, support a club from nearly 80 miles away and pour scorn on the one that plays here each fortnight.

They don't deserve a sense of success, because they've jumped aboard something for that very reason.  Their delight at progress is unearned and therefore undeserved.

What chance have you got when Boris is behind them...

Being a glory hunter or a bigot are not good personal traits. Rangers have more than their fair share of glory hunting so I will be supporting the Eagles tonight. They are one of the biggest anti-Nazi/fascist clubs in Germany even banning members of far-right parties join the club as members.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Mate, I'm from our capital and I see wanks on the buses back from Glasgow acting the big one being dropped off across the street too.  It infuriates me more than most things in football and more so, when you look at the likes of Dunfries, even Brechin, loved going there before up to Aberdeen, supporters club closed replaced by a Morrisons and nobody cares because there's buses in the car parks to Glasgow.

It won't stop me letting the people I do know and care for having this one night.    When we won the Scottish Cup it made me feel a lot more superior to any old firm fan I've met in my life because we appreciated it that much, maybe they will if winning tonight and if they do then at least a couple will be happy.