Do you want Rangers to win the Europa League final?

Do you want Rangers to win the Europa League final?  

309 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It’s a no from me. My default position is to hope both The Rangers 2012 and Celtic lose every time they play. Clearly, they win just about every time they play, are now so far ahead of anyone else in Scotland that it’s frightening - see league table. They are two disproportionally large clubs in a small country, with a rivalry largely based on a religious divide, which has, over recent years permeated into more than just matchdays themselves. The gatherings in George Square, the Green Brigade and Union Bears graffiti and stickers everywhere, their fans letting off fireworks at celebratory house parties.

Why in the name of fcuk would I want either of these kunts to enjoy even more success? The co-efficient? Aye, right ye’ are.

6 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

If Rangers fail to beat the 11th best team in Germany after fairly comfortably beating the 2nd and 4th best teams in Germany then yes, what else do you expect people to think?

That’s not how football works 😂

Does beating Dortmund or Leipzig make us a better team than them? No, it doesn’t. Their squads are littered with players worth much more than ours. We just managed to beat them over a two legged tie.

Frankfurt are favourites for a reason: they are a good team.

Frankfurt were garbage yesterday but they are an average german team which means they are decent. I dont think theres any doubt even from rangers fans though that they could get to the next 10 europa finals and they would never get an easier final opponent than Frankfurt. 

5 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

Frankfurt were garbage yesterday but they are an average german team which means they are decent. I dont think theres any doubt even from rangers fans though that they could get to the next 10 europa finals and they would never get an easier final opponent than Frankfurt. 

Frankfurt fans thinking the same thing about Sevoc as well no doubt

I'd say that if you looked at all the teams Scottish clubs have played in European finals, only the Real Madrid team that Aberdeen beat were worse than this Frankfurt side. It's definitely a massive opportunity.

9 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I'd say that if you looked at all the teams Scottish clubs have played in European finals, only the Real Madrid team that Aberdeen beat were worse than this Frankfurt side. It's definitely a massive opportunity.

Not an expert in Soviet football in the 70s but I can't see the Dynamo Moscow team Rangers faced being better than Real Madrid.

Edited by Rodhull
Fucked it

In an ideal world, the outcome would be Eintracht Frankfurt 3-0 up after 15 minutes, going on to win 7-0 or preferably more, Rangers reduced to 8 men as they heads-gone all over the shop and the Spanish police to kick the ever-loving shit out of the orcs when they inevitably start vandalising the city of Seville.

Or, Rangers to play the game of their lives battering Eintracht Frankfurt the whole game, 90% possession or so, multiple shots off the woodwork, several stonewall penalty appeals waved/laughed off, perfectly good goals disallowed, the lot. Eintracht to break away on the counter in the 98th minute for their first attack of the game with the scores at 0-0 and slot past the onrushing McGregor to make it 1-0 Eintracht. Quick shot of the Eintracht scenes before the camera lingers on McGregor's stunned expression for what feels like an eternity, alternating footage of the Eintracht celebrations and Rangers players slumping to the ground in utter despair and the Spanish police to kick the ever-loving shit out of the orcs when they inevitably start vandalising the city of Seville.

On 13/05/2022 at 02:36, craigkillie said:

Zenit were by far the best team in the tournament last year, and several of their players were part of the Russia team that reached the quarters of the Euros the following month.

They also absolutely rag-dolled Bayern Munich on their way to the final.

19 hours ago, AJF said:

That’s not how football works 😂

Does beating Dortmund or Leipzig make us a better team than them? No, it doesn’t. Their squads are littered with players worth much more than ours. We just managed to beat them over a two legged tie.

Frankfurt are favourites for a reason: they are a good team.

True dat.

Mon the Frankfurt!

32 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

36% yes? 36%? 

P&B is not the website I thought it was. Disgusting. 

Can't you be more like Mullarkey, who is openly backing the bears?

No. It's just the thought of some of the worst dregs of society being so jubilant, especially the people in my locality who couldn't give a shit about their local team. 

I should add I put  a tenner on them at 8/1 before the semis. Thought that was very generous. Don't want that win!

Edited by Owsley

25 minutes ago, Owsley said:

No. It's just the thought of some of the worst dregs of society being so jubilant, especially the people in my locality who couldn't give a shit about their local team. 

This is true but, if they lose, the other dregs will be just as jubilant and they can all f**k off as well.

image.png.8be50ab29d5b960fa17e2f1a73e35dd1.png