Do you want Rangers to win the Europa League final?

Do you want Rangers to win the Europa League final?  

309 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I'm honestly not arsed, their fans will be annoying if they win, but the meltdown from Celtic fans (especially it being Seville) would probably balance it out.

Objectively it would probably be a good thing for Scottish football.  It would exacerbate the financial gap between them and the rest, but that's probably a lost cause anyway.  There was a serious danger that Celtic's advantage would see us become a literal one team league, if Rangers win this then we'll at least avoid that and have fairly equal title races for the foreseeable, even if its between the same two c***s as before.  It would definitely aide the coefficient and raise the league's profile.

I'd prefer a one team league.

It meant others could finish higher and, as was demonstrated, enjoy cup success. 

The return of the duopoly is genuinely the worst of all possible worlds for our game.

No doubting Dortmund and RB are better teams than Frankfurt. Same in 2008 they beat better teams then never showed up for the final. Mark my words, Rangers wont win on Wed 

Zenit were by far the best team in the tournament last year, and several of their players were part of the Russia team that reached the quarters of the Euros the following month.

Yeah I'd be happy for them if they do it. 

That said, the potential combination of the Manchester 2008 and Scottish Cup Final 2016 threads would probably require a new "Pie and Bovril Platinum" sub-forum to be created.

23 hours ago, jagfox said:

Hoping for a top result from the Guardia Civil! 

I was in Barcelona a couple of years after the Cup Winners Cup final in 72, and kept quiet about being Scottish given all the havoc associated with it. Turned out the locals were delighted at them taking on the Spanish cops, (not sure what branch but Franco was still alive) and I got a couple of free drinks out of it. I seriously hope they don't f**k up our reputation in Seville now, it's one of my favourite cities.

36 minutes ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

I can imagine the atmosphere at the Scottish Cup Final at Hampden if they win a European trophy, it will be hell.

If we win a European cup, Hearts can just walk in and take the Scottish cup.

No one will be sober enough to play.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

I'm sure the fans will still be pissed from Wednesday but the players will be buzzing. 

It's okay for everyone else they can close the curtains and pretend it didn't happen. The Hearts fans that got tickets will have to face the music. 

4 hours ago, bennett said:

You going to either of them, ben?

:lol: 

3 hours ago, BigDoddyKane said:

watched Frankfurts game yesterday for about 30 minutes before turning off , they are garbage. They couldnt pass the ball. Finishing 11th or wherever clearly is their level at best.

You couldnt get an easier euro final opponent than this

And so it begins, the narrative that Frankfurt are shite 😂

Let’s ignore the fact that they are unbeaten in Europe this season and have dispatched Betis, Barca and West Ham on the way to the final.

Predictable.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

And so it begins, the narrative that Frankfurt are shite 😂

Let’s ignore the fact that they are unbeaten in Europe this season and have dispatched Betis, Barca and West Ham on the way to the final.

Predictable.

If Rangers fail to beat the 11th best team in Germany after fairly comfortably beating the 2nd and 4th best teams in Germany then yes, what else do you expect people to think?