Summer '22 Transfer Thread

On 22/06/2022 at 12:26, Jan Vojáček said:

Albion Rovers sign Jack Leighfield from 'FC Edinburgh'

when the club I formerly bothered with signed him Queen of the South fans said he was a good backup

He played once for City* at the end of the season at Forthbank and had a bit of a 'mare but made one or two good saves despite that.

Good luck to the lad anyway 

*A proper name for a football club

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

when the club I formerly bothered with signed him Queen of the South fans said he was a good backup

He played once for City* at the end of the season at Forthbank and had a bit of a 'mare but made one or two good saves despite that.

Good luck to the lad anyway 

*A proper name for a football club

Oh was that him, yip, he certainly didn't look too hot that day, however as part of the Keepers Union, I have say that the City Defence looked extremely poor and disjoined in general and possibly hung him out to dry at times. Going on that 1 appearance, I'm surprised that Albion Rovers have chosen him above Binnie. 

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Oh was that him, yip, he certainly didn't look too hot that day, however as part of the Keepers Union, I have say that the City Defence looked extremely poor and disjoined in general and possibly hung him out to dry at times. Going on that 1 appearance, I'm surprised that Albion Rovers have chosen him above Binnie. 

Binnie was offered a deal with Rovers, but chose to move to Linlithgow Rose. 

3 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

Thought he was taking time out to see if he could play still? Is he supposed to be fit again then?

Aye he took a break in March, apparently was close to retiring then Irvine’s persuaded him to play part time at Forfar. Only time will tell if he’s fit or not I guess, I hope so though 😂