Summer '22 Transfer Thread

Yeah him.
never been impressed with him, regardless if he finished unbeaten against us this season.

Big season for him, think a large chunk of Stirling supporters would say the dury is still out, but his track record at Albion Rovers and ,by and large, East Fife is good, so that buys him time.

Just now, BB_Bino said:

Big season for him, think a large chunk of Stirling supporters would say the dury is still out, but his track record at Albion Rovers and East Fife is good, so that buys him time.

I would agree.  My worry is that he was unable to do anything with a bunch of players that had a bit of talent but lacked confidence and were underperforming.  And he had something like 20 games to do so.  I know they're not 'his' players but the time will come when the team hits a slump and the mark of a good manager at this level is getting the team back on track 

To some extent he had a free hit because Elgin, Albion Rovers and Cowden were even worse than we were - which is some achievement - but even so there were worrying signs. 

He also recruited Akeel Francis.  Enough said about that one.

I get the feeling Stirling will be league favourites by the time the first game comes around. Obviously have a bit of money in the bank and their business so far would show a sign of real intent.

13 hours ago, TheVoiceofReason said:

My worry is that he was unable to do anything with a bunch of players that had a bit of talent but lacked confidence and were underperforming. 

Personally, I like Darren Young and I think he's got a lot of good qualities as a manger but the statement above could easily have come from most of his time at East Fife. He generally built decent sides and we often got ourselves into good positions but would then go on terrible runs where the team looked utterly lacking in the confidence to get themselves out of it. There was at least two horrible season-wrecking runs like that during his tenure.

39 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

There was at least two horrible season-wrecking runs like that during his tenure.

He won't get that amount of time at Stirling.  As soon as the heat gets turned up on our club board via social media they'll go into full on deflection mode and bin him.  Happens pretty much every year.  

17 hours ago, TheVoiceofReason said:

I would agree.  My worry is that he was unable to do anything with a bunch of players that had a bit of talent but lacked confidence and were underperforming.  And he had something like 20 games to do so.  I know they're not 'his' players but the time will come when the team hits a slump and the mark of a good manager at this level is getting the team back on track 

To some extent he had a free hit because Elgin, Albion Rovers and Cowden were even worse than we were - which is some achievement - but even so there were worrying signs. 

He also recruited Akeel Francis.  Enough said about that one.

The Albion Rovers team which took 7 points off Stirling Albion? That Albion Rovers?

1 hour ago, Shawheadrover said:

The Albion Rovers team which took 7 points off Stirling Albion? That Albion Rovers?

Yep.  That one.  The Albion Rovers that finished below Stirling in the league thereby being even worse.

The bottom 4 teams were terrible with Stirling being marginally better primarily due to the good start we had before the wheels came off.  

Because of those points in the bag it was highly unlikely - in conjunction with the poor form of the teams mentioned - that we would trouble 10th spot even though we would have fully deserved it.  Hence Darren Young had a bit of a free hit.  

But hey, if the league had consisted of only our two teams you would be champions and we would be relegated.  So congratulations 😀

4 minutes ago, TheVoiceofReason said:

Yep.  That one.  The Albion Rovers that finished below Stirling in the league thereby being even worse.

The bottom 4 teams were terrible with Stirling being marginally better primarily due to the good start we had before the wheels came off.  

Because of those points in the bag it was highly unlikely - in conjunction with the poor form of the teams mentioned - that we would trouble 10th spot even though we would have fully deserved it.  Hence Darren Young had a bit of a free hit.  

But hey, if the league had consisted of only our two teams you would be champions and we would be relegated.  So congratulations 😀

I'm glad Albion Rovers got points off someone other than Edinburgh City.... 

Early doors Stirling looked really strong, they punched well above their weight in the cup games

Kevin what’s his name seemed to lose the dressing room and their form dived

I saw them about 6 times this season and it was hump up the park time every time the defence and the keeper got the ball 

I expected them to come up to our league this year but they seemed to bypass the midfield whenever I saw them which was surprising as they had above average players playing there 

They were a bit static up front, having watched Dale Carrick a few times I was surprised by this as he was excellent with the diamonds the year before

My prediction for the Bino’s this year is 6th place

2 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

The Elgin team that took 9 points off Stirling Albion😁

provided 2 great away games though - highlight was walking out and back into the pub after 20 minutes of the 2nd away game  

On 12/05/2022 at 17:36, TheVoiceofReason said:

7 points. Oh my, we finished 8th! 7 points. 'Ambitious Stirling Albion'.