Wagatha Christie case

44 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

This place has gone full fucking mumsnet.

Hold my beer…

53 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

my first thought was… who cares, then when @throbber started the thread, I thought, hope they both f**k each other 

FTFY

9 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I'm in London this weekend (soon to be invaded by fucking Chelsea and fucking Liverpool fans - two of the most annoying sets of supporters on the planet). 

We thought we'd take in this case this morning as we had a couple of hours to kill. 

Unsurprisingly court number 13 was full, so we were redirected to the overspill court 20 to watch the proceedings on screen along with a number of press. 

A couple of things came across. 

Vardy's defence is so wafer thin I actually thought she was being cross-examined by the prosecutor in a slightly laid back manner. At no point did her version of events seem credible. 

Vardy is actually surprisingly eloquent and not the "daft bint" that some are painting her as. She is however, quite clearly, a nasty piece of work. 

Wtf. I am lapping up the reporting of the trial but of all the things you could do in London to while away a couple of hours you chose going to this?

2 hours ago, HK Hibee said:

Wtf. I am lapping up the reporting of the trial but of all the things you could do in London to while away a couple of hours you chose going to this?

Tbf, regardless of whatever case was going on, seeing the inside of the High Court and seeing any trial in progress be pretty cool. 

13 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I'm in London this weekend (soon to be invaded by fucking Chelsea and fucking Liverpool fans - two of the most annoying sets of supporters on the planet). 

We thought we'd take in this case this morning as we had a couple of hours to kill. 

Unsurprisingly court number 13 was full, so we were redirected to the overspill court 20 to watch the proceedings on screen along with a number of press. 

A couple of things came across. 

Vardy's defence is so wafer thin I actually thought she was being cross-examined by the prosecutor in a slightly laid back manner. At no point did her version of events seem credible. 

Vardy is actually surprisingly eloquent and not the "daft bint" that some are painting her as. She is however, quite clearly, a nasty piece of work. 

Fucking hell

I haven't been following this case, but I think snippets on the news have given me the jist of it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but these are appalling, thick, tiresome people. The only thing worse than morons like these existing is that they only exist because the general public are demonstrably worse. There was a public appetite for the sort of tittle-tattle that this daft sow was selling to the papers, and there's a public appetite for the result of this case. If I actually met someone in person that was actively engaged by any of this I would drown them.

3 minutes ago, milton75 said:

I haven't been following this case, but I think snippets on the news have given me the jist of it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but these are appalling, thick, tiresome people. The only thing worse than morons like these existing is that they only exist because the general public are demonstrably worse. There was a public appetite for the sort of tittle-tattle that this daft sow was selling to the papers, and there's a public appetite for the result of this case. If I actually met someone in person that was actively engaged by any of this I would drown them.

... and... Submit Reply

16 minutes ago, milton75 said:

What did you think of their outfits?

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Is it however possible that perhaps Vardy is just such a thoroughly horrible individual that he found himself having to thumb in a softy?

That's also a possibility. I think the first part of your post can match up with mine though. 

If he had a large chopper he'd just wink at the camera and be unphased by such accusations. 

4 hours ago, milton75 said:

The only thing worse than this comedy show trial is the army of people lining up on social media desperately posting on threads and Twitter tweets devoted to it, stating how they are far too good to be interested in such things and how terrible it is that rich people go about taking each other to court, like they haven’t been doing that shit for decades. 

Edited by Jambomo