Wagatha Christie case

40 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Wonder if the dramatisation of this will be on ITV2 or Channel 5. 

32 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Vardy will probably coin it in after this, playing the bitch character on reality tv shows like Katie Hopkins did before she took it too far.

Aren't you familiar with this...

54513831_418739782006973_3950774603478377685_n.jpg

I find the criticism of Rooney a little harsh considering all she done was take action to out someone she thought was selling stories on her to the press.

I don't feel like she has come across as superior, stupid or whatever other suggestions are being made.

That's Mrs Rooney finished swatting away Vardy's lawyer, let's hope for his sake that Wayne doesn't undo all her good work when he goes on the stand. All the witnesses seem to be called for the defence, don't think Vardy has anyone speaking for her side.

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:
1 hour ago, welshbairn said:
You should be the court artist.

Today's trivia. Court artist Liz Cook was in my class at uni.

Insufficient info for P&B. 

Was she a Wid?

Did you pump her?

Did she do a dreadful picture if your genitalia and publish them in the national press?

2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Insufficient info for P&B. 

Was she a Wid?

Did you pump her?

Did she do a dreadful picture if your genitalia and publish them in the national press?

Was it having pubes like a judges wig that inspired her to go into court artistry?

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:
1 hour ago, welshbairn said:
You should be the court artist.

Today's trivia. Court artist Liz Cook was in my class at uni.

People go to university to become court artists?

That would be like me getting paid for making 10 PRINT "HELLO WORLD!"; 20 GOTO 10.

I thought Vardy's lawyer must be new to libel law, he's getting rag dolled by all the witnesses, but he's being doing it his entire career. Maybe he's just got a very narrow technical legal point to get over to the judge though, there's no jury to sway.

The court is now speaking about allegations Vardy had intentionally swapped seats to get nearer to Coleen at a football event.

Robertson says the seats "were not the ones that were allocated".

Mr Tomlinson asked Robertson if she has records of seating allocations, to which she said no.

However, she said she remembers allocations for games where there were "issues".

Mr Tomlinson says Robertson "can't possibly" remember details of seat allocations from six years ago - Robertson says she can.

The lawyer then asks her to detail the allocation of seating for other members of families present - she is able to do so.

Edited by welshbairn

What is the point in Wayne Rooney appearing in court - the case spins on whether you think Rebekah Vardy personally committed or authorized the leaks.

IMO Colleen Rooney thought she had wriggle room by saying the leak came from "RVs account" however with the earlier ruling going against her on that count I reckon the judge will find in RVs favour.

8 minutes ago, btb said:

What is the point in Wayne Rooney appearing in court - the case spins on whether you think Rebekah Vardy personally committed or authorized the leaks.

IMO Colleen Rooney thought she had wriggle room by saying the leak came from "RVs account" however with the earlier ruling going against her on that count I reckon the judge will find in RVs favour.

I wonder what discretion over awarding costs the judge has? Vardy could win, getting £1000 damages and still have £2 million in legal fees to find. She's pretty well admitted in court to have leaked loads of other stuff so the damage to her reputation over the one Rooney accused her of would not be a lot.

Edited by welshbairn

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I wonder what discretion over awarding costs the judge has? Vardy could win, getting £1000 damages and still have £2 million in legal fees to find. She's pretty well admitted in court to have leaked loads of other stuff so the damage to her reputation over the one Rooney accused her of would not be a lot.

Even there I think the judge has got it wrong, I think the "ordinary reader" would understand the subtle difference between saying the leak came from RV & RVs account.

The first stage of the libel action began, as Mr Justice Warby set the parameters for the case. In what The Guardian called “a victory for Vardy”, the judge largely agreed that an “ordinary reader” would see Rooney’s post as an allegation that Vardy personally had “frequently abused her status as a trusted follower of Ms Rooney’s personal Instagram account”.

Anyway although I have commented publicly on the case overall I'm not sure it's one I'd like my wife or servants to read about.

That's it over for today. Pretty dull, mainly Vardy's lawyer swinging and missing. All the witnesses close to Rooney seem well prepared and have responses to his questions all worked out. Not sure which side called them. Vardy left court early, probably doesn't mean anything...or does it?!??!!

Edited by welshbairn

4 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Wonder if the dramatisation of this will be on ITV2 or Channel 5. 

ITVBe or E! are a more likely outcome.

3 hours ago, AJF said:

I find the criticism of Rooney a little harsh considering all she done was take action to out someone she thought was selling stories on her to the press.

I don't feel like she has come across as superior, stupid or whatever other suggestions are being made.

Have the Sellic fans decided to back Vardy then, is that the way this one has shaken down? 

1 hour ago, btb said:

Is this not about the "balance of probabilities"? Vardy's told that many lies and done so many slippery things the judge might just find against her.

Even if she "wins" everybody will think she's guilty, anyway.

I blame FIFA for this, if we didn't have a winter WC then right now the English media would be creaming about how they plan to dominate the world this summer and this would be punted to the side due to possible cause for rifts within the current WAG camp as the vacant minds choice who's shite to side with.