Wagatha Christie case

21 hours ago, welshbairn said:

This Tom Peck is definitely the best to follow for the trial.

Yes, he's not sitting on the fence.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/rebekah-vardy-coleen-rooney-latest-wagatha-christie-b2078125.html#tblciGiDzzqZyDa1MVreGyTS97Wfe8S9r6oe9m-cmIDi75pk-pCDj3U8orKrOybTsvo87

Screenshot_20220513-115848_Chrome.thumb.jpg.bbff339bede19c1028a2ed6c5d19eb9a.jpg

12 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

It reminds of the Wings verdict, that the judge didn't consider him libeled, but given his reputation the damages would have been £100 if he did.

1 hour ago, Northboy said:

To my shame I admit I'm engrossed by this nonsense. I've no interest in or affinity for either Rooney or Vardy but I'm intrigued that anyone goes about life in such a bizarre way.

As with most things, I couldn't care less about this shite, but it's most entertaining to read about it through P&B-tinted lenses. Some excellent work on here, as ever.

The biggest eye-opener for me has been that one of them was seemingly livid because the other stopped following them on Instagram. That's the point at which you seek therapy for your mind-melting narcissism, surely. Imagine if someone threw a hissy fit on here because they found out someone else had them on ignore and wouldn't see the words they typed anymore.

P.S. Mrs Rooney seems to be swatting away Vardy's lawyer's cross examination with ease.
This might be a fairly unpopular opinion I don't know.... But I hold a vague notion based on not that much really, that Coleen is not a dafty.

1 minute ago, SlipperyP said:

Anyway, is Mr Vardy going to be called?

If not, why? Shirley!

Because he'd blurt out, Stop asking me questions, I can't take it anymore, ok she leaked it, satisfied?

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
P.S. Mrs Rooney seems to be swatting away Vardy's lawyer's cross examination with ease.

This might be a fairly unpopular opinion I don't know.... But I hold a vague notion based on not that much really, that Coleen is not a dafty.

Even to the point of wearing light summer colours contrasting Vardy in dark like Cruella de Ville. Impressions matter. I might be getting into this farce too much, roll on Eurovision! 

Edited by welshbairn

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
20 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I came here to post a different slant on the same thing. In a case of dumb vs dumber the one not telling the lies is going to have a much easier ride. She'll cakewalk it. 

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
19 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I think it's as clear as crystal. Coleen has been savvy in manipulating the press, or whatever you want to call it, for what, 20 years? One thing she isn't is stupid.

The same can't be said for Rebekah Vardy. She always came across as almost like a competition winner. Be a WAG for a day. She comes across as completely out of her depth, in every photo you see her in in. Most ill-educated, clueless people go through their lives without a spectacular fallout like this. It's to some folks discredit - her lawyers, her family and friends - that this charade has gone as far as it has. And I don't hesitate in saying it, but there is a tiny smidgen of me that feels pity for her.   

Just now, mozam76 said:

I think it's as clear as crystal. Coleen has been savvy in manipulating the press, or whatever you want to call it, for what, 20 years? One thing she isn't is stupid.

Mibees because she's not a "typical" WAG? I don't claim an encyclopedic knowledge of footballer's partners, so there will be a bit of confirmation bias in this, but most seem to lasses that have, in one way or another, got their pre-marriage career through their looks. Models, influencers, shot girls, club PR, etc. Then they hook up with a footballer and retire to Chesire. 

Coleen's been going out with Rooney since he was 14 or something. So either she is just some ordinary lassie and her teenage sweetheart turnt out to be one of the best players in the world or she's someone who realised her meal ticket as a 13 year old and got her claws into Rooney before anyone else did.

o she's either fairly ordinary or a conniving sociopath - either option probably puts her a few IQ points above most WAGs

Vardy's lawyer seems a bit lacking in killer punches.

Vardy's lawyer says: "You don't have any evidence to link Mrs Vardy to the leaking of your private posts".

Rooney answers: "Yes, I believe I do".

Mr Tomlinson says belief doesn't necessarily make something true.

He illustrates his theory by saying: "You might believe Derby County will win the premiership in two years time, it doesn't mean they're going to."

Rooney says this is correct.

Her husband, Wayne, is the manager of Derby County, who have just been relegated to the third tier of English football.