Wagatha Christie case

Excuse my ignorance here but is Rebekah Vardy potentially playing a very dangerous game here? If she takes this to the high court and it gets proved that she did leak these stories to the paper then could she be facing some serious charges herself?

Colleen surely has sufficient evidence to prove that she shared these absurd stories on her online story and the only person who was able to view it was Vardy so the only other possible scenario is that Colleen also shared it with a third party in a deliberate attempt to publicly stitch Vardy up which seems like a pretty ridiculous thing to do. 

People seem to be laughing this case off as it’s not important in the grand scheme of things but it’s a very ugly state of affairs for the individuals involved and I for one hope Vardy gets jailed as she’s the least pumpable of the two wags in question.

7 minutes ago, throbber said:

Excuse my ignorance here but is Rebekah Vardy potentially playing a very dangerous game here? If she takes this to the high court and it gets proved that she did leak these stories to the paper then could she be facing some serious charges herself?

Colleen surely has sufficient evidence to prove that she shared these absurd stories on her online story and the only person who was able to view it was Vardy so the only other possible scenario is that Colleen also shared it with a third party in a deliberate attempt to publicly stitch Vardy up which seems like a pretty ridiculous thing to do. 

People seem to be laughing this case off as it’s not important in the grand scheme of things but it’s a very ugly state of affairs for the individuals involved and I for one hope Vardy gets jailed as she’s the least pumpable of the two wags in question.

If proved she was the culprit, maybe in line to pay out damages but she won't be sent to break rocks in a chain gang. 

Telling The Sun what Colleen Rooney has posted on Instagram isn’t a criminal offence. Yet.

If I understand it correctly Vardy claims that her agent or someone else who worked for her had access to her Instagram meaning that the post where Rooney named Vardy as being responsible defamed Vardy.

I think Vardy is going to win. Win the case that is, no-one wins in the long run as we all have to read about this shit and it’ll cost everyone involved millions of pounds. I guess the lawyers win.

If the excessive coverage of the Depp case is anything to go by the war and the cost of living crisis will be lucky to get a look in when this gets going. These people are the absolute dregs of society.

38 minutes ago, throbber said:

That's the best way to decide a court case...

12 minutes ago, 101 said:

If the excessive coverage of the Depp case is anything to go by the war and the cost of living crisis will be lucky to get a look in when this gets going. These people are the absolute dregs of society.

And there it is. I was wondering what story this would be shunting to the sidelines. 

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Telling The Sun what Colleen Rooney has posted on Instagram isn’t a criminal offence. Yet.

If I understand it correctly Vardy claims that her agent or someone else who worked for her had access to her Instagram meaning that the post where Rooney named Vardy as being responsible defamed Vardy.

I think Vardy is going to win. Win the case that is, no-one wins in the long run as we all have to read about this shit and it’ll cost everyone involved millions of pounds. I guess the lawyers win.

Agreed on Vardy 'winning'.

Seems that Colleen was so intent on playing out this entire farce in public that she totally jumped the gun, concluded that because the faked stories appearing in the papers were being fed to Vardy's profile this meant Vardy herself was responsible, and backed herself into a corner by making a public accusation. Supposedly Rooney has tacitly acknowledged that she accepts that the person doing the leaking was actually Vardy's ex-publicist (why the f**k does she even have a publicist?), but because of the colossal size of her ego and tiny size of her brain, she has been totally unable to bring herself to apologise and settle out of court, hence this ridiculous charade.

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Ive no idea whats going on here.

Don't worry about it. I have no clue what is going on in half the threads I post in. Just fill in the gaps with random Star Trek gifs. 

tumblr_n5yevx8vwv1tbhzz6o1_400.gif

1 minute ago, Boo Khaki said:

Agreed on Vardy 'winning'.

Seems that Colleen was so intent on playing out this entire farce in public that she totally jumped the gun, concluded that because the faked stories appearing in the papers were being fed to Vardy's profile this meant Vardy herself was responsible, and backed herself into a corner by making a public accusation. Supposedly Rooney has tacitly acknowledged that she accepts that the person doing the leaking was actually Vardy's ex-publicist (why the f**k does she even have a publicist?), but because of the colossal size of her ego and tiny size of her brain, she has been totally unable to bring herself to apologise and settle out of court, hence this ridiculous charade.

Bear in mind one of the few messages that survived Vardy's big thumbs "accidental" deletion and her PR woman's dropping her phone into the North Sea included Vardy saying how much she'd like to leak a story about the bitch and her PR replying saying she would try but needed more solid evidence.

The fact we have news, social media etc available 24 hours means that something as insignificant like this (to most of us) becomes totally mainstream. BBC, ITV, Sky etc must be rubbing their hands at such a 'freebie'. 

Sadly, as mentioned already, it means that things like the cost of living, Ukraine, MP's behaviour etc etc will get less reported.

What might be exposed as a result of this case could be interesting? Hopefully we get some decent Gifs/Memes to have a laugh at?