Stranraer 2022-23

59 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Hate to be the one to break this to you, but you were awful today. Only us “taking the foot off the gas” saved you from a real hammering!

We were awful in the first half, but just bad in the second.

We have gone from playing excellent football and not getting the results we deserved to playing poor football and getting exactly the results we deserve.

What makes today’s result particularly worrying is that Stirling are not a good side - in fact probably the worst we’ve played so far this season.

We were missing Scullion, Gallagher, Grant, McIntosh and Watt who would likely be regular starters, but that’s not an excuse. Today’s side had too many young/inexperienced players, and some at the end of their careers. Too many slight players, and not enough brawn/bite.

The starting line-up had a poor shape, with a midfielder at right back and a defender in the midfield. The substitutions helped, although I don’t know why Hamill took off Forrest, our best player in the first half.

The only reason I’m not confident we’ll be in the Lowland League next year is that having seen most teams in our league this season I don’t think there is much if any difference between all apart from Dumbarton. 

From the first few minutes it was evident Stirling we’re going to score a few goals. 
We are lucky it wasn’t more.

At no point today did I feel we were in the game or saw anything to excite me.

At least when we were hammered last time out we played a bit of football. 

Can take defeat when we compete but we were a million miles off it today. 

Strange choices when it came to the team selection once again. Woods, a winger at right back, Robertson who’s played over 100 games at right back in centre mid and Hackshaw a centre mid playing wide.

Woods wasted playing at right back. Simple to start Roberson right back, Woods and Hilton wide and put Hackshaw in the middle. 

It’s the second game in a row we’ve had a right back available but chosen to play someone out of position there. 

5 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

What makes today’s result particularly worrying is that Stirling are not a good side - in fact probably the worst we’ve played so far this season.

I agree with your post, except this part. We’re not a brilliant side but in comparison to the other teams in the league, we are a good side, which is why we are second. I have my own criticism of the team, but in league 2 terms, we’re I’ve of the better teams this season imho

8 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

I agree with your post, except this part. We’re not a brilliant side but in comparison to the other teams in the league, we are a good side, which is why we are second. I have my own criticism of the team, but in league 2 terms, we’re I’ve of the better teams this season imho

I’ll defer to you, since you’ve seen Stirling more often than me. 

14 hours ago, GallowayBlue said:

Stevie Aitken please.

Several fans mentioned him yesterday when we were discussing who might be available. 

Noticeable that while there was a lot of passion from the bench in the first hour, after that the flat mood music suggested that management had run out of ideas. 

On 17/09/2022 at 20:32, Mattmc said:

From the first few minutes it was evident Stirling we’re going to score a few goals. 
We are lucky it wasn’t more.

At no point today did I feel we were in the game or saw anything to excite me.

At least when we were hammered last time out we played a bit of football. 

Can take defeat when we compete but we were a million miles off it today. 

Strange choices when it came to the team selection once again. Woods, a winger at right back, Robertson who’s played over 100 games at right back in centre mid and Hackshaw a centre mid playing wide.

Woods wasted playing at right back. Simple to start Roberson right back, Woods and Hilton wide and put Hackshaw in the middle. 

It’s the second game in a row we’ve had a right back available but chosen to play someone out of position there. 

Seem to recall that running out of ideas, and playing players grossly out of position

marked the last days of Brian Reid.

22 hours ago, David Fernández said:

Salim's a good signing for you guys, had a lengthy injury last season and works well for both clubs. Hoping he does well and I'm sure he'll be banging in the goals in league 2.

Already popular with the home fans after scoring today’s winner against Albion Rovers 

• 3 weeks later...