56 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

No longer living in Forfar the lack of a station makes it a bit of a pain to get to if you don't want to drive

I remember once when Thistle were away to Forfar, we were waiting at Meadowbank for the supporters' bus to turn up when this old lady appeared and asked if she could come with us - her sister lived in Forfar and when she saw the bus notice in the paper the night before she decided to get a lift to go and see her! When we arrived she trundled off to visit her sister; we told her what time we would be leaving to come home and sure enough she was waiting by the bus at full time!

Everybody was on their best behaviour on the bus that day...

3 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Yeah, that's true. The old Forfar Station was just by the ground hence the name but it closed as part of the Beeching cuts in the 60s, pretty much every remnant of it is gone too, I think the old railway bridge you'd walk under to get to Station Park came down around the start of this century.

No longer living in Forfar the lack of a station makes it a bit of a pain to get to if you don't want to drive

When I first went in 83 the station buildings were still there.