12 hours ago, Vimto90 said:

Congrats Edinburgh. Annan away is very decent so glad you guys done it. Make the most of this weekend as the one consolation about us missing out this year is a reckon it will be a slog in that league next year with wins at a premium.

Maybury surely going to get the gig.

Vimto90, thanks for the best wishes.

That was hard going.  I did say we need 1 goal and that was the difference.

Fantastic achievement for the wee team and proof anyone from the Lowland League/Highland League can climb upwards.  Look at Peterhead, Cove, Montrose and Kelty.  Amazing.

As for the game, the only negative i have in hindsight is we should have set up like Dumbarton away and closed the game out.  Within 5 minutes we could see the formation and set up was not working and then throw in a shocking penalty decision!  But we scraped through and look forward to Meadowbank revamped in League 1.

A special mention to Gary Naismith who was a major factor in the promotion, along with many of the youth system while we had serious injury problems. 

Exciting times ahead and huge challenges that Edinburgh will build for.  

Best wishes to Annan,  friendly people and a great club.  You will have a chance to win next season there is no doubt.   

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Cowden ain't deid yet as I type this... :rolleyes:

This might come back and bite me on the bum but Bonnyrigg won't do a Cove, Kelty, QP as there's no millionaire backer there. 

They were one of the top clubs in the East Juniors and have a good support though. Nice Social club too 

For the puerile they used to be Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic FC or BRA for short

Aye I went through for the cup game in 2020. Decent setup there. Would rather visit a ground like that than Broadwood for example!

never been to see Clyde vs Edinburgh City away either so also looking forward to that.

53 minutes ago, City Jacobite said:

Fantastic achievement for the wee team and proof anyone from the Lowland League/Highland League can climb upwards.  Look at Peterhead, Cove, Montrose and Kelty.  Amazing.

Am I being whooshed?

4 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

I'm not sure why Edinburgh City fans are in tears so soon after the biggest night in their club's very short history. I've nothing against them whatsoever, but it would have been preferable for a club living within its means to come up, particularly when it adds another derby to the league and also a significantly better stadium than what the new Meadowbank looks to be.

Great idea! Make all promoted sides pass an accountancy test and also give a goal head start to teams that play within 10 miles of a team in the higher league. 

Was all for new blood in the league until I saw there was no train to Bonnyrigg (unless I'm completely mistaken).

Any team being admitted needs easy rail access and good bars. As much as Cowden is a midden, it's a great away day. 

Was all for new blood in the league until I saw there was no train to Bonnyrigg (unless I'm completely mistaken).

Any team being admitted needs easy rail access and good bars. As much as Cowden is a midden, it's a great away day. 
It's about as far from a train station (Eskbank) as East End Park is.

18 minutes ago, RubyTuesday said:

Great idea! Make all promoted sides pass an accountancy test and also give a goal head start to teams that play within 10 miles of a team in the higher league. 

There's quite a disparity between the implications in this meltdown and simply not wanting to see man-and-dog clubs with a backer doing a tinpot Gretna.

7 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

“Away in a midden,

Poor stand for a seat…”

4 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
10 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

It's about as far from a train station (Eskbank) as East End Park is.

In that case, welcome to Bonnyrigg!

26 minutes ago, RubyTuesday said:

Like a Jehovah's Witness at the door when you're having a lie-in, he's not worth rising to. 

43 minutes ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Like Edinburgh City, this post is completely and utterly irrelevant. Just be grateful any decent club and fan gives you the time of day.

Berwick... Berwick... now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time. I thought they were dead and the big club in the area was now Tweedmouth. 

"Decent club" and "Clyde FC"? Hmm, many would beg to differ with you but I cannot comment... 

3 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Like a Jehovah's Witness at the door when you're having a lie-in, he's not worth rising to. 

Ach, I know Tam. I'm new here, but I should have known better. I mean, it's not as if the chap can go and watch his team at home next season...

13 hours ago, berwick-the-unbeatable said:

Like Edinburgh City, this post is completely and utterly irrelevant. Just be grateful any decent club and fan gives you the time of day.

The Demise of Berwick Rangers Football club.This clown is still hurting from the 7-0 pumping over two legs from Cove Rangers to send them down.

14 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

It's closer to a station than quite a few grounds. Kelty for one.

15 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Was all for new blood in the league until I saw there was no train to Bonnyrigg (unless I'm completely mistaken)...

Just as well it wasn't Fraserburgh then because they are probably furthest from a railway for any large town in Scotland since the Borders railway was opened.

I once read that the Scottish League football ground furthest from a railway station was, ironically, Station Park. According to Wikipedia, Balmoor in Peterhead is now further away.

I once read that the Scottish League football ground furthest from a railway station was, ironically, Station Park. According to Wikipedia, Balmoor in Peterhead is now further away.
Yeah, that's true. The old Forfar Station was just by the ground hence the name but it closed as part of the Beeching cuts in the 60s, pretty much every remnant of it is gone too, I think the old railway bridge you'd walk under to get to Station Park came down around the start of this century.

No longer living in Forfar the lack of a station makes it a bit of a pain to get to if you don't want to drive