Hard to put that into words. Atrocious decision for the penalty but we had it coming really and were arguably lucky to go in at 2 down. 

Thought Annan totally ran out of ideas but goodness me they are some threat with balls into the box. 

Innes's goal was astonishing and Schwake made up for a terrible error for their second with some of the best saves I've ever seen. Doubt I'll ever see a better keeper play for City in my lifetime.

Over the 2 legs we maybe edged it but toss of a coin stuff.

City, in the same league as Dunfermline? Not that long ago there was 5 levels between us.

Club should announce Maybury as permanent manager tomorrow and release season tickets on Monday.

Incredible. Just incredible.

Edinburgh City pulled a Homer*

To pull a Homer: to succeed despite idiocy

The idiocy in this case was the ref- never a penalty, it was a dive right in front of me although Logan shouldn't have got in that position.

We gave Smith some abuse at a corner and he just winked to which I laughed and thought "Fair play mate"

Annan No 5 gave us a get it up you gesture when the second was scored. Don't know why, we weren't giving him any abuse. No booking for incitement although we've had players sent off for less.

Anyway we're up on a new adventure and looking at the L1 make up  likely to get a few spankings on the way. I just hope we don't end up doing a Brechin as a result.

Congrats Edinburgh. Annan away is very decent so glad you guys done it. Make the most of this weekend as the one consolation about us missing out this year is a reckon it will be a slog in that league next year with wins at a premium.

Maybury surely going to get the gig.

Big relief at the final whistle!

I'm So happy to see my wee team promoted to League one.

Luckily we had the two goal lead from the first leg.

City were poor first half tonight as Annan came flying out the traps and pushed us back.

Second half better and a quality goal from Innes Murray then two brilliant saves from our goalie to win the tie.

Referee, as Tam has said was a homer easily conned by the Annan players.!

II do feel a bit sorry for the Annan fans, good people and maybe next year you'll have better luck. 👍

As for the Annan players there's a saying cheats never prosper!

Number 9...Adrian Smith, get it roond ye ya wee rat! 😉

Edited by Tenkay

1 hour ago, Vimto90 said:

Congrats Edinburgh. Annan away is very decent so glad you guys done it. Make the most of this weekend as the one consolation about us missing out this year is a reckon it will be a slog in that league next year with wins at a premium.

Maybury surely going to get the gig.

Cheers Vimto, think yourselves and Annan will be there or thereabouts this time next year.

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Edinburgh City pulled a Homer*

To pull a Homer: to succeed despite idiocy

The idiocy in this case was the ref- never a penalty, it was a dive right in front of me although Logan shouldn't have got in that position.

We gave Smith some abuse at a corner and he just winked to which I laughed and thought "Fair play mate"

Annan No 5 gave us a get it up you gesture when the second was scored. Don't know why, we weren't giving him any abuse. No booking for incitement although we've had players sent off for less.

Anyway we're up on a new adventure and looking at the L1 make up  likely to get a few spankings on the way. I just hope we don't end up doing a Brechin as a result.

You'd need to go up another division for that to happen...

2 hours ago, Hauftimedraw said:

Gutted. Just absolutely gutted. Hard to avoid the clichés but that's football!
Congratulations to Edinburgh City and all their fans. Hope you do us all a favour and finish above Clyde next season.

Can you do us a favour and finish above Bonnyrigg next season? Good luck and enjoy!

13 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

Went along to this and it was a good watch and atmosphere; Edinburgh were garbage throughout but their individual quality sealed it in the end. Would've much rathered Annan come up than City, who have about 50 fans, a diabolical stadium and a fair bit of finance behind them. 

That's what I love about this site. Always some mope to piss on your chips while you enjoy your brief moment in the sun. There would have been no complaints from any City fans if Annan had won the tie overall, but that's football. Yep we don't have a huge number of fans yet but that number is growing. 

Others have rightly praised Brian Schwake and he is the main reason we've got promoted rather than finishing 8th. But special shout outs to Lee Hamilton and Michael Travis who have formed a decent centre half pairing over the last few weeks. 

Good luck to Annan next season, thanks for the lovely welcome to the City fans last night and being magnanimous after the game. 

10 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

It's a shame about the redevelopment of Meadowbank, I used to look forward popping into the old royal box.

Call me Michael Fagan but I've had a pee in the Queen's toilet... And to strike a blow for republicanism I left the seat up!

1 hour ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Can you do us a favour and finish above Bonnyrigg next season? Good luck and enjoy!

Cowden ain't deid yet as I type this... :rolleyes:

This might come back and bite me on the bum but Bonnyrigg won't do a Cove, Kelty, QP as there's no millionaire backer there. 

They were one of the top clubs in the East Juniors and have a good support though. Nice Social club too 

For the puerile they used to be Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic FC or BRA for short

8 minutes ago, RubyTuesday said:

That's what I love about this site. Always some mope to piss on your chips while you enjoy your brief moment in the sun. There would have been no complaints from any City fans if Annan had won the tie overall, but that's football. 

Ruby, this clown is a Clyde fan not Annan.

The one unfortunate thing about promotion is having to put up with those halfwits again next season! 😔

3 hours ago, Hauftimedraw said:

Gutted. Just absolutely gutted. Hard to avoid the clichés but that's football!
Congratulations to Edinburgh City and all their fans. Hope you do us all a favour and finish above Clyde next season.

What do the French say for Deja Vu? 

Failed again and looking around for someone to have a hissy fit at....🤣

I'm not sure why Edinburgh City fans are in tears so soon after the biggest night in their club's very short history. I've nothing against them whatsoever, but it would have been preferable for a club living within its means to come up, particularly when it adds another derby to the league and also a significantly better stadium than what the new Meadowbank looks to be.