8 hours ago, City Jacobite said:

I felt Annan are better than they showed, they seemed to launch long balls to the giant striker and never really picked up on the second balls, when in reality they are a good football team who could play on the deck if told to.

Fully agree. It was a frustrating watch from an Annan perspective. Edinburgh pressed well and Annan's long balls weren't working in the first half because of the wind. Edinburgh had the better chances first half, the shot off the bar was a cracker and Fleming did well with the scramble.

There was an Annan handball in that scramble as a clearance was attempted and it hit a guy on the deck. His hand was raised as he was trying to get up, an English VAR would have given a pen, but thankfully this was real football where common sense was applied. Was never a corner in the first place anyway, Lowdon dummied it to let it run for a goal kick.

I was happy to get to half time at 0-0, thinking the game would change when Annan had the wind, but the wind stopped during the break and City came out faster and sharper. Two good goals and a deserved lead before the weather came in. Annan could have still got back into it but some poor decision making upfront slowed down potentially dangerous attacks.

Disappointed, but not deflated. Annan could still get back in to this and can definitely play better, whereas that's the best I've seen City play this season.

Great turnout from both sets of fans. I enjoyed the wee ultras too, I hope EC embrace them instead of issuing statements discouraging them.

17 hours ago, DG.Roma said:

Great turnout from both sets of fans. I enjoyed the wee ultras too, I hope EC embrace them instead of issuing statements discouraging them.

There was a great TV shot after the goal of a wee Tiny Tim on crutches, trying to get down the steps of the stand to celebrate with his mates !  

Can't argue with the result on Tuesday night. City were definitely the better team for at least 60/70 minutes with a poor Annan performance.
Still it's a game of two legs and if I had been offered this opportunity last July I would have snatched your hands off. If we can get an early goal it will certainly make it interesting. Need to be more attack minded than Tuesday... Go four up front?
Anyway, looking forward to a Friday night out and maybe just maybe having something to celebrate!!!
Mon the Annan!!

More nervous now that we are 2-0 up, than I was before the game on Tuesday.

Annan will no doubt throw everything but the kitchen sink at us early doors but hopefully we can hold firm like we did in the 2nd leg at Dumbarton. The system we play since Maybury has come in also give me confidence that we can nick a goal, as it certainly plays to our attacking players strenghts.

6 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

There was a great TV shot after the goal of a wee Tiny Tim on crutches, trying to get down the steps of the stand to celebrate with his mates !  

Injured eh? Must be a City youth player... 

As for tomorrow, it's time to wheel out the old City fans' motto:

clockwise.jpg.9165f673f02d06456f4793ef5bac9e9a.jpg

Nervous, obviously, but confident we can nick a goal. Reckon Danny Handling is due one. Think the way we approached the game against Dumbarton is a useful template.

General thought is that Schwake's unbelievable tip round the post late on Tuesday is going to be the pivotal moment when we look back. Fitting too if it's his contribution that makes the difference as he's been an absolute star all season *watch as he's throws one in tonight that costs us the game*

2 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

Nervous, obviously, but confident we can nick a goal. Reckon Danny Handling is due one. Think the way we approached the game against Dumbarton is a useful template.

General thought is that Schwake's unbelievable tip round the post late on Tuesday is going to be the pivotal moment when we look back. Fitting too if it's his contribution that makes the difference as he's been an absolute star all season *watch as he's throws one in tonight that costs us the game*

Restaurant booked, car fueled and ready..........

We just need 1 goal.  Somebody? Anyone.  Just 1.  

38 minutes ago, TheWestStand said:

all the best to both teams tonight but hope Ed City can hold on and do the job

They are getting to do what every Stirling fan want's and win promotion at Annan away with beers in the shed 

Staropramen £3 a pint in Shed tonight,strong tackle too !

On 09/05/2022 at 17:48, Amarillo Bairn said:

Not really bothered tbh, both have potential to be great away days.
Will Edinburgh City still be playing there home games on a Friday night?

Falkirk really are in some state aren’t they.

3 hours ago, the philosopher said:

Get in to this lot Annan, 1 goal and we're back in it big time !

There you go, exactly what the game needed.

A very soft penalty kick award.

Since going to 2-2, Annan have probably still been the better team but have proceeded to end almost every attack with a big punt straight to the goalkeeper, or straight out of play.

Edinburgh have been absolutely shocking so far.