4 minutes ago, CM. said:

Did the Edinburgh fans running on the pitch at the end know there's a 2nd leg?

It was the young team getting on the TV. None of them over the age of 13. Just a bit of fun.

Biblical rain, 2 great goals, Schwake worldie near the end, and over 1,000 at the game. Happy days for City. 

Superb, couple of brilliant goals and a brilliant result to take down to Annan, looking forward to Friday.

Had never been to Annan before but went the other week for the Kelty game for something to do and like buses, never go at all and now twice in 2 weeks.

Fancy City to finish the job, Annan will have to come out and fancy a few goals on the break.

The thought of City being in league 1 is mad, if you’d have said to me 10 years ago when I was playing for Edinburgh City (albeit youth team) that in 10 years time they’d be in the same division as Falkirk and Dunfermline I’d have thought you were mental.

Similar to the Dumbarton game, it could have gone either way, Edinburgh City simply more clinical.

What a Brilliant free-kick Ryan shanley scored to make it 2-0 for City! 😄

Annan are a good, tidy side but don't look like scoring many.

City have peaked at exactly the right stage of the season and look determined to take this chance to go up!

Will be another good contest on Friday! Annan will need to chase the tie and so City will pick them off and score again.

I watched this late last night having recorded it as I watched the Inverness v Arbroath game. Really impressed by City's football, kept it on the ground as much as possible. Should've been ahead at half time and should've had a penalty. Two really wonderful goals - Logan's pass for the first was sublime. I thought Shanley would walk into Accies team and he capped a fine game with that free kick. I thought most of your players wouldn't look out of place in the Championship then I remembered you lost three times to Albion Rovers! Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to Friday night now.

2 hours ago, Owsley said:

I watched this late last night having recorded it as I watched the Inverness v Arbroath game. Really impressed by City's football, kept it on the ground as much as possible. Should've been ahead at half time and should've had a penalty. Two really wonderful goals - Logan's pass for the first was sublime. I thought Shanley would walk into Accies team and he capped a fine game with that free kick. I thought most of your players wouldn't look out of place in the Championship then I remembered you lost three times to Albion Rovers! Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to Friday night now.

Glad you enjoyed it! Shanley is an odd one as he looked like he was destined to make close to no impact (partly due to injuries and Covid) but is absolutely revitalised since the new manager came up and started playing 2 up front. Was totally confident he was scoring the free-kick to be honest, he's got a brilliant strike on him.

An odd season with a handful of the worst performances I've ever seen from a City side (a few of those Albion Rovers ones included) but also a handful of the best nights I've had watching us at Ainslie Park and possible (probable??) promotion.

On 09/05/2022 at 22:08, tamthebam said:

We owe Annan one for a South Cup Final they stole off us thanks to a hopeless refereeing performance the season Annan got into the Scottish League... 

I wouldn't mind it too much if Annan beat us, it's a good trip down there and we've enjoyed some interesting tussles over the years. The first time I went to Galabank City lost 7-4 in a ridiculous East of Scotland match, there was the time Big Fozzy hit the electric wires that used to hang over one corner with a shy, there was a backs to the wall win down there with a patched up squad etc.

cowdenbeath is certainly right about Peter Murphy being underrated. 

Please someone take Peter Murphy ASAP ( Keep McMenamin though )

3 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

An odd season with a handful of the worst performances I've ever seen from a City side 

Luxury. 

Now we 'ad it rough. We used to have to get up half an hour before we went to bed, get t'bus to Pencaitland, watch a bunch of half drunk amateur tossers lose to a deflected goal on a pitch full of dug shite, drink a pint of warm lager and we got home we 'ad to wait 3 hours to get Pink News to see that we were midtable as usual. 

And if you tell the young folk that these days, they won't believe you.

1 hour ago, Vodka Vic said:

Couple cracking goals from EC - but it’s only half time. No way are Annan out of this. First goal on Friday night could be massive.

Very true Vic.  It is still in the balance.

I felt Annan are better than they showed, they seemed to launch long balls to the giant striker and never really picked up on the second balls, when in reality they are a good football team who could play on the deck if told to.  I spoke to a couple of Annan fans after and they were disappointed in the performance while saying City are a better football team.

I felt we should have been in front at half time and played good passing football in an intense game.  Great goals and a strong position to be in.  Its like being 2-0 up at Annan in the first minute and another 89 to go, i would take that every day of the week.  I also feel we are a threat and score goals, but that is not luck, we play in an attacking formation and 2 up top.  Well deserved lads and lets enjoy Friday night.  We have a young team in general and they hopefully have the energy left in a tough battle ahead.  

Edited by City Jacobite

1 hour ago, City Jacobite said:

Very true Vic.  It is still in the balance.

"2-0 Lead is the Worst Lead" has its own Wikipedia page.

I think City have got goals in the team but who knows what will happen to our collective psyche if Annan nick the first goal. That said, a year ago we slumped to a 3-1 first leg final defeat to Dumbarton and I'd much rather be in our shoes rather than Annan's. 

Thinking of making the short journey East on the A75 for the 2nd leg to cheer on the Black and Golds.

I had a look online at buying tickets for me and two under 16’s.

There’s the option to buy a combined adult and U16 ticket but no option to buy extra U16’s!! 
Don’t think they can be classed as concessions as there is an option to buy a combined concession and U16 ticket!

Would any Annan fans like to help this confused Doonhamer? 😂

Thinking of making the short journey East on the A75 for the 2nd leg to cheer on the Black and Golds.
I had a look online at buying tickets for me and two under 16’s.
There’s the option to buy a combined adult and U16 ticket but no option to buy extra U16’s!! 
Don’t think they can be classed as concessions as there is an option to buy a combined concession and U16 ticket!
Would any Annan fans like to help this confused Doonhamer? [emoji23]

You can buy 1 Adult = £12
2x under 16s £8 x 2 = £16

You can also pay cash at the gate

No Marco, U16 have free admission when accompanied by an adult so Mustafa I would think you only pay £12 in total for you and the 2 under 16's.

Looking at the online booking you could try entering 3 at the row where it says adult and u16. ( NO TOTALLY sure about this wouldn't want them taking£36 off you) Hopefully you can amend before booking.

If in doubt just pay at the gate- they should know the score.

At least that's my interpretation.

Edited by the philosopher
Wasn't 100% sure

No Marco, U16 have free admission when accompanied by an adult so Mustafa I would think you only pay £12 in total for you and the 2 under 16's.
Looking at the online booking you could try entering 3 at the row where it says adult and u16. ( NO TOTALLY sure about this wouldn't want them taking£36 off you) Hopefully you can amend before booking.
If in doubt just pay at the gate- they should know the score.
At least that's my interpretation.

Yes your correct Under 16s are free when with an Adult. My mistake.