Well, the Play Off Final is gripping the League 2 P&B posters obviously which is why I've had to start this thread masel' 

It's those upstart Edinburgh bastuds versus those not so upstart Annan bastuds. 

Both teams have beaten each other this season and I predict a close affair, may even go down to the dreaded penalties. 

So who do you want to go up and get utterly stuffed each week in a League One containing fallen giants Falkirk and the Pars? Do you care?  

2 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

Not really bothered tbh, both have potential to be great away days.
Will Edinburgh City still be playing there home games on a Friday night?

Who can say, although you're more likely as a Bairns fan to get a ticket to a match at Galabank. The new Meadowbank's stand has come out of a subbutteo set. 

Love the title of the thread, superb 👍 I don’t really mind who wins either.

I walk past the back of Meadowbank regularly and the ‘main stand’ is tiny, looks about 5 rows or something.

I know there is permission to build a stand on the Marionville Road side, will it be some sort of temporary structure they can whip up quickly, otherwise can’t see it being ready for August?

Must be the first time Tam’s started a thread 😀

A hard call Annan had that great run then the blip maybe they have got back to form at the right time.

I would be happy for either of the sides to get promoted in the SPFL for the first time.

Feels a bit weird this one, at no stage during this season did I expect us to go up (we've been largely awful) but now that we're here I think we'll sneak it.

Consolation is that League 2 looks tremendous next year, and err, League 1 looks a bit scary so if we make a a**e of it this week then it's not all bad.

Fair play to Maybury and Kerr for bringing a bit of excitement back.

Probably going to be tight, both legs. I'm going for Annan by the same scoreline they beat Forfar.

1-1 at Ainslie, 1-0 Annan at Galabank. Posts and bars will be struck.

Strange of the BBC to clash both legs with this on Alba with both legs of ICT v Arbroath on BBC Scotland, but fair play to Edinburgh City only charging a tenner a ticket, got mine already Hopefully a decent crowd at both games

I have got the feeling that this is finally the year for Annan. Would say that this is the best squad we have had since we joined the league many moons ago.
Hoping we can get some type of result tomorrow night and then finish the job off under the Galabank lights on Friday.
League one needs a little Plastic Bertrand!!

1 minute ago, Hauftimedraw said:

I have got the feeling that this is finally the year for Annan. Would say that this is the best squad we have had since we joined the league many moons ago.
Hoping we can get some type of result tomorrow night and then finish the job off under the Galabank lights on Friday.
League one needs a little Plastic Bertrand!!

Peter Murphy must be the most under rated manager out there.

Has done really well over the years.

We owe Annan one for a South Cup Final they stole off us thanks to a hopeless refereeing performance the season Annan got into the Scottish League... 

I wouldn't mind it too much if Annan beat us, it's a good trip down there and we've enjoyed some interesting tussles over the years. The first time I went to Galabank City lost 7-4 in a ridiculous East of Scotland match, there was the time Big Fozzy hit the electric wires that used to hang over one corner with a shy, there was a backs to the wall win down there with a patched up squad etc.

cowdenbeath is certainly right about Peter Murphy being underrated. 

Tam, would have been good if you'd added the team names to the title of the thread!

Anyway.  I'd expect these games to be very tight, maybe two draws, then extra-time.

I've been impressed with Annan the couple of times I've saw them this season!  Good team indeed.

As for City, we've had a poor first half of the season (thanks to Naysmith!) but have picked up our form recently, and were actually pretty good in last week's games with Dumbarton!

Could definately go either way, but I'm quietly confident City are peaking at the right time!

10 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Tam, would have been good if you'd added the team names to the title of the thread!

Anyway.  I'd expect these games to be very tight, maybe two draws, then extra-time.

I've been impressed with Annan the couple of times I've saw them this season!  Good team indeed.

As for City, we've had a poor first half of the season (thanks to Naysmith!) but have picked up our form recently, and were actually pretty good in last week's games with Dumbarton!

Could definately go either way, but I'm quietly confident City are peaking at the right time!

Don't think we have had a poor first half of the season sitting in 4th considering injuries.  Also many of the injured players are returning and the team are looking good.   All good news but think Naysmith was unlucky with injury problems and pulled off a miracle keeping us in the hunt.  

Lets hope for a good performance tonight, a 1-0 win would be fine for me.

11 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Shanley and Ouzy looking particularly good the last couple of games. If we get MOTM performances from both Danny Handling and Schwake tonight then I think a 2 goal lead is possible. 

Seen both play us a few times , obviously pumped at Xmas by Annan but think EC the slightly better team , Big Hoops playing for Annan so wee soft spot for them in this tie but struggling to get a Rizla between the two , tough one to call but at least there will be two new names to grace League one next season 

Best of luck to both Annan & EC 

2 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

With no real connection to either team it comes down to which away day looks more appealing, that means it's a firm "Mon the Annan".

By the same token that's why down here we want Edinburgh to go up.

The worst place in Scotland to watch a game and the new gaff looks even worse.

3 minutes ago, Neilly said:

By the same token that's why down here we want Edinburgh to go up.

That's just reminded me that this should be the last time I need to cross the Ainslie Park threshold - as good a reason to celebrate as promotion I reckon. On New (new) Meadowbank - the viewing experience until we get the new stand sorted looks like it will be pretty brutal. However it's significantly easier to get to for most people and there's a tremendous selection of pubs nearby. Just hoping the stand goes in quickly - planning permission is in place.

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

Can't disagree with that! I do like the Tim Hortons near your ground btw. 

As AllyMoncs says, the new new stand should make for a half decent vantage point and you can choose to sit or stand. Given the slow progress on all things Meadowbank it is anyones guess when the thing will be built and pass Edinburgh Clowncils stringent H&S / Electrical tests.