Mambo #5 vs Jambo #3 - Wednesday 11th/May

8 hours ago, DC92 said:

And if we factor in the 10 points we also dropped to Dundee and St Johnstone plus the points from other games we should have won plus one other victory then Saturday's game with Rangers would be a shootout for 2nd place.

It’s not quite the same though, because you’re more or less on the same number of points as the third best team has finished on over recent seasons. Aye you could’ve won more, but you’ve probably won what you’d expect to win. 

Like I said it’s all ifs buts and maybes but the point I was trying to make (probably not very well) was that despite winning just 2 league games this year and dropping umpteen points that we wouldn’t necessarily be expecting to drop over the course of the season (you’d never pick them all up, but you’d be hoping for more than we’ve got) we’re still in with an outside shot at Europe. A big frustration of mine (and of many others in our support) is how we’ve not been able to capitalise on everyone else around us being pish, and if we’d been performing to our potential a bit more this season we’d be much better off. Wasn’t suggesting we should be third, didn’t mean to come across all “if my auntie had balls” etc, just trying to express frustration at constantly shooting ourselves in the foot.

Oh dear. That is not the team I was hoping to see tonight.

Although I’ve just seen the Hearts team and no Gordon, Kingsley and Simms is a big boost for us. Still looks like a strong team overall though.
Here’s hoping Stewart is a total huddy.

1 minute ago, dezz said:

Although I’ve just seen the Hearts team and no Gordon, Kingsley and Simms is a big boost for us. Still looks like a strong team overall though.
Here’s hoping Stewart is a total huddy.

He is

He is

Ideal.
We have just reposted our line up and KVV has appeared on the bench now. Hopefully we can get another half hour out of him tonight.

Edit: and Mugabi has now appeared on the bench too. The twitter guy has had a nightmare.

12 minutes ago, stu92 said:

It’s not quite the same though, because you’re more or less on the same number of points as the third best team has finished on over recent seasons. Aye you could’ve won more, but you’ve probably won what you’d expect to win. 

Like I said it’s all ifs buts and maybes but the point I was trying to make (probably not very well) was that despite winning just 2 league games this year and dropping umpteen points that we wouldn’t necessarily be expecting to drop over the course of the season (you’d never pick them all up, but you’d be hoping for more than we’ve got) we’re still in with an outside shot at Europe. A big frustration of mine (and of many others in our support) is how we’ve not been able to capitalise on everyone else around us being pish, and if we’d been performing to our potential a bit more this season we’d be much better off. Wasn’t suggesting we should be third, didn’t mean to come across all “if my auntie had balls” etc, just trying to express frustration at constantly shooting ourselves in the foot.

Aye but we've generally reacted to everything thrown at us. Our only bad spell was when not a single team could apply any pressure. If we had pressure, we'd have bee  unlikely to drop off as much as we did as it was very much a malaise of feeling we couldn't catch 2nd but no one could get near us.

5 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Ross Stewart FFS. 

Motherwell win.

Ross Stewart was a guest at my wedding. 

He's a lovely guy. Not a lovely goalkeeper, however. In about it Motherwell! 

7 minutes ago, AnderooMFC said:

Are we 4-4-2? Or (from the mind that brought you Bevis-in-attack) is Slattery now part of the front 3?

Looks like a 3-5-2/5-3-2 to me. 

Kelly 

Donnelly, Ojala, Lamie.

SOD, Cornelius, Slattery, Goss, Carroll. 

Shields, Efford.